• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX at Ish's: HOUSING IS CLOSED, time to actually plan lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
HOW THIS IS GOING TO WORK:

1) If you want to get picked up from the airport, check with me first to make sure I'm free, and fly into Newark please. It's a LOT more convenient than JFK and I'll only pick people up from Newark because tolls and traffic and etc are a serious pain. Thankfully, there's public transportation from JFK (and Newark too iirc) to the train station in New Brunswick, where I can easily pick people up.

2) There will be a rough cap of around 12 people that can stay in my on-campus apartment. It's about 10 minutes from the venue via free public transportation, but idk if the buses will be running over winter, still gotta check :x Priority will go to people that are traveling from far away and people that I know from the boards and whatnot. If you are coming with a group of people, it might be harder for me to house you due to space, but the sooner you let me know what's going on the sooner I'll be able to work things out. If you are staying with me, bring a blanket and toiletries (seriously, if people don't shower regularly and stank up the place I'm going to be mad lol). Pillows and sleeping bags are good too if you have the space, but I'll try to borrow some from my friends so that everyone can sleep at least semi-comfortably. If you don't want to bring a lot of clothes, there's a building for laundry about a minute walk away, but idk if they'll be open during winter yet.

3) If you are bringing additional guests, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR BEHAVIOR. I honestly don't expect this to be an issue, but seriously, no douchebaggery allowed. Anyone that's staying/visiting is expected to be courteous and blablabla, you should know the deal. If you're being a buttface, I reserve the right to kick you out. Don't let it come to that.

4) On January 5th, we will be going to New York City with Mink + a bunch of other people, idk the details on this. But the point being, if you're flying in on the 5th, I can't get you since we'll be taking the train to NYC.

5) PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR HOUSING SITUATION ASAP. I've talked to a number of people about this privately, and I'm going to send out PMs now to make sure I know who's in and who's out, because there are a lot of people traveling from far away that could use with some housing :x

PRICES:

I've decided that I'm not going to exactly charge people. Money would be nice, but you guys are all taking quite the trip, so if you're in a tight spot don't worry about it :) If you do have the extra money, I'd appreciate something maybe around the $20 range, but don't go above that unnecessarily or else I'll feel bad lol. As far as things you'll have to spend money on yourselves, there's basically just food and the train if you're going on the NYC trip, so keep that in mind.

FINAL LIST OF PEOPLE STAYING AT MY PLACE (total of like... damn.)
Tekkie + Tarmogoyf
KRD
RSR
Luminoth + co. (4 total, driving)
The Germans (~10? total)
Larry + co. (3 total)

Total: 15 confirmed, 2 reserved. Basically filled up :x people need to start confirming or not asap, it's honestly pretty late in the game so you should work out flights... like right now lol

:059:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Well I'm definitely going to try my best to come to this, and I probably won't be coming up with anyone else.

If you can house me, should I bring a blanket? Also, it doesn't sound like it'd be too cramped for space. Especially if there's only 10 people.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Auspher, who's coming with you?

KRD, we can definitely fit more than 10 but not too comfortably :/ I'd like to have walking space when people are going to bed, y'know? And as far as sleeping arrangements go, try to bring sleeping bags / blankets. I have three beds that people can sleep on (still gotta check with my apartment-mates here), and an extra sleeping bag.

D

Deleted member

Auspher, who's coming with you?

KRD, we can definitely fit more than 10 but not too comfortably :/ I'd like to have walking space when people are going to bed, y'know? And as far as sleeping arrangements go, try to bring sleeping bags / blankets. I have three beds that people can sleep on (still gotta check with my apartment-mates here), and an extra sleeping bag.

I'm gonna try to bring Rikku with me, but it probably won't happen. I'll most likely be coming alone.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm not too worried about comfort, as long as there's some way I can get housing xD. The last tourny I went to, I ended up sleeping in the kitchen of the person who was housing me cause there were so many people. Though to be fare, I also had a blanket and a pillow.

tekkie

Smash Master
alright me and Aus/KRD can triple up on a bed and we don't need clothes i mean blankets that leaves room for at least five more then i guess people can sleep in the other beds too i dunno

the important thing is, NYC, on the 5th? should probably come in on the 4th if that's the case, then leave on the 9th or something

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
looooooooooooooool xD

I can do NYC more or less whenever, but yeah, if we want to join Mink & co. you should get here on the 4th so we can go on the 5th.

tekkie

Smash Master
looooooooooooooool xD

I can do NYC more or less whenever, but yeah, if we want to join Mink & co. you should get here on the 4th so we can go on the 5th.

i can also go whenever, but i'd like to see what other people here think about it. right now the 5th looks cool because then we can bum around with FL/OoC people :3

edit: if we have space this strange guy i've never met before ever below me wants housing :3

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
lmao :p well... yeah, basically. Unless you're coming with a Wolf player that I'm fairly familiar with (ex. Tekkie), I'll be giving everyone else priority.

tekkie

Smash Master
lmao :p well... yeah, basically. Unless you're coming with a Wolf player that I'm fairly familiar with (ex. Tekkie), I'll be giving everyone else priority.

but he'll be coming with me lol. he's the only other NM guy going. we need a headcount or something

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Oh lol. Well, then yes of course :D

Provided he's not a douchebag lol, which I doubt he is. But that basically goes for everyone, if you're coming with others you're responsible for their behavior, blablabla, you know the whole spiel.

Dekar isn't coming anymore? :<

tekkie

Smash Master
Oh lol. Well, then yes of course :D

Provided he's not a douchebag lol, which I doubt he is. But that basically goes for everyone, if you're coming with others you're responsible for their behavior, blablabla, you know the whole spiel.

Dekar isn't coming anymore? :<

no, he isn't lol. and yeah dekar isn't going. he's caught the cancerous scrubbiness of LoL and doesn't give a **** about smash anymore

edit: IM GETTING IN THE WOLF XAT

double edit: tarmogoyf does main wario/ICs which makes him an *******

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Dammit Dekar :(

I'm not getting in the Wolf xat, it's naptime lol

And that's good, I need to practice camping/running for my life xD

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Wow, I can't believe no one has trolled this thread yet.

Damn, if I had knownt here was gonna be a w0fl orgy I'd have worked harder this year so I could afford to go to this.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Things are looking good right now for me going. I will ask for time off next month when the request schedule for January comes out from work and I should have enough money to fly in.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'll let you know for sure soon if I'm coming. If Lp comes with me he might like to have a housing spot too but I'll talk to him first.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
haha, no, I will have real life stuff going on in January, sadly. If it was in December, I could have maybe done it :/

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Gheb, if LP is joining you I can take care of that. As I said to Tekkie, as long as you can make sure that he won't be a douchebag or anything I have no problems lol

MRM, :( maybe APEX 2013 then ;D

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Douches that are my friends on Facebook are exceptions :p

So far for groups we have:
Tekkie + Tarmogoyf
Gheb + LuigiPlayer
Auspher (+ someone else maybe)
KRD

D

Deleted member

There's only a SLIM chance I'll have someone with me, KRD.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yeah if I were to go, it would be by myself. I don't know anyone else that would go.

:forever alone:

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I will know whether or not I can come in the next month or so. It really depends on money because Ohayocon is at the end of January and I can't miss it. XD

But if I do come, I will have one other person with me, SoraSin.

tekkie

Smash Master
when are people getting in? i'm looking at making it to the airport at 5pm on the 3rd and leaving at 2:30 (so getting to the airport a few hours earlier) on the 9th.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Also, who's coming that likes sushi?

Auspher, Gheb, any confirmation on your guests and whatnot?

EDIT: People should try to fly into Newark airport btw, that's closest and then I have a much higher chance of being able to pick you up. It'd also be nice if people tried to coordinate their arrivals/departures a bit, I can take up to four other people in my car at once, so yeah. I'll update the OP after my exam tomorrow with all relevant info.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm indifferent to sushi. I'll eat it.

Also, I should try to arrive and leave around the same time as tekkie cause that'd probably make some things easier at least.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
OP updated.

Please try to confirm as soon as possible :x if your name is up there, that means I'm definitely reserving housing for you because you've been kind enough to keep me updated with things and etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom