• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Pot Bonuses Announced For Official Games

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Apex has just announced the pot bonuses for the official games at Apex 2015! Twitch, which has already donated $1000 to each and every Apex World Qualifier event has even more in store for the main event.

So many games, so much hype!

Here are all of the games and the pot bonuses that are being provided:

$2500 Bonus
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Ultra Street Fighter IV

$1500 Bonus
Guilty Gear Xrd

$1000 Bonus
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

$250 Bonus
Killer Instinct
Super Smash Bros. 64

$200 Bonus
Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

With this much on the line, all of these games are going to have fierce competition. Don't forget that registration for Apex 2015 ends on 1/11/15 at 11:59pm EST so to have a chance to win part of this pot bonus head on over and register for the tournament!

SmashCapps wishes he had the skills so these bonuses could pay his bills. For those that have said skills, go follow him on twitter so some of them might rub off on him.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
APEX Players be like...
Hopped up out the bed, turn my smash on
Did friendlies all day at my set-up.
Yeeeeaaaah, I'm gettin' money, oooooo.

Last edited:

NiderQueen

Smash Cadet
NNID
YakiStrider2409
3DS FC
2681-0178-5926
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Ultra Street Fighter IV
good for all you guys playing these
gettin money

Jmcpappy

Smash Cadet
Same. Hey the game has to decline in order for the Revival to happen though right?
Not for Brawl lol. Brawl doesn't have anything unique that will bring people back the way melee did. Unless you miss tripping, i guess. Smash 4 is what brawl should've been, there's honestly almost no point in acknowledging brawl anymore, lol.

P.S. sorry if this sounds harsh, but im just speaking my mind.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Considering the bonus pot was $1000 at best in the last Apex, this is going there are going to be many entrants, though losing $2.500 might be harsh

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
This isn't even Nintendo adding to the pot, Twitch is just adding even more.

And who the hell added $2500 dollars towards an undeveloped metagame? That might be good, but I think it would have more impact on 64, because that's the most underrated game in the series.

Oh, and everyone assumes brawl is "tripping and meta knight." To be honest, brawl without Hitstun cancelling, tripping, and meta knight + IC's slight nerfs would be better competitively than smash 4. And tripping wasn't even that bad, though it shouldn't be in.

Most people don't even know that perfect pivoting is used by Jiggs/Kirby players in Smash 64, let alone know it's in a game besides 4.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman

And who the hell added $2500 dollars towards an undeveloped metagame? That might be good, but I think it would have more impact on 64, because that's the most underrated game in the series.

Oh, and everyone assumes brawl is "tripping and meta knight." To be honest, brawl without Hitstun cancelling, tripping, and meta knight + IC's slight nerfs would be better competitively than smash 4. And tripping wasn't even that bad, though it shouldn't be in.

Most people don't even know that perfect pivoting is used by Jiggs/Kirby players in Smash 64, let alone know it's in a game besides 4.
So much truth here.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
They might as well give out happy meals instead of cash for Brawl's bonus pot.

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
Not for Brawl lol. Brawl doesn't have anything unique that will bring people back the way melee did. Unless you miss tripping, i guess. Smash 4 is what brawl should've been, there's honestly almost no point in acknowledging brawl anymore, lol.

P.S. sorry if this sounds harsh, but im just speaking my mind.
To each his own I guess. Brawl revolves way more around mindgames than most Smash games. I'm really not feeling it (pun intended) in Smash 4. But. I started competitively with Brawl. It's my baby. So I'm definitely biased. I'll keep playing it, But I honestly don't believe a widescale revival like melee will happen. It'll probably go the way of 64, with a die hard small fanbase

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace

Actaully, all N64 players use perfect pivot for all characters Lmao

smashboy12

Smash Cadet
Now we know why Project M wasn't part of APEX 2015. Nintendo didn't accept it. *cough Miiverse*

Morbi

Scavenger

Perhaps it is because people are actually entering Smash 4. Sometimes you have to develop an undeveloped meta-game. I apologize if that notion is too complex for you to comprehend. I will simplify the reason for you...

New + popular game + second most entrants at Apex + major reason for Nintendo sponsorship = add to the pot.

Dem mathematics.

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
ayy lmao nice pot bonus brawl
This is coming from a Smash-4 fan boy so your credibility is irrelevant here.

Nintendo needs to crawl up in a hole and give the professionalism to a real company that supports all games. Even though Smash-4 is a complete waste of space and it's like a joke from Nintendo to make such a laughable game to actually play seriously.

And Killer Instinct? Please Nintendo, just retire already, your quality and admiration is just, bad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is coming from a Smash-4 fan boy so your credibility is irrelevant here.
I'm not even going to entertain what you just said because that is literal **** you just spat out of that rectum you call a mouth.

Don't ever make assumptions about me again.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Now we know why Project M wasn't part of APEX 2015. Nintendo didn't accept it. *cough Miiverse*
This is not a question of accepting it, it's just that they can't.
As soon as they aknowledge his existence, they will be forced to send a Cease&Desist, since, though they don't straightly influence their unit sold, they are abusing of their, Sega's and Konami's IPs, in a word, they I'll go against copryright infrangement.
Due to this, the only way for Project M to survive is by them pretending him not to exist.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
And tripping wasn't even that bad, though it shouldn't be in.

1) tripping in brawl isn't as bad as phantom hits in melee
2) most people dont know every character in 64 has a 2-frame parry and the top players use it extensively.

drewilliam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hollowords
This is not a question of accepting it, it's just that they can't.
As soon as they aknowledge his existence, they will be forced to send a Cease&Desist, since, though they don't straightly influence their unit sold, they are abusing of their, Sega's and Konami's IPs, in a word, they I'll go against copryright infrangement.
Due to this, the only way for Project M to survive is by them pretending him not to exist.
Do you know that for a fact? And Project M does influence the number of Brawl and Wii units sold positively. Since you sort of need Brawl and a Wii to play it. And I think calling it copyright infringement is a stretch. It's just a mod of Brawl, they aren't claiming it as their own.

Nova The Silly One

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GamerNova
LOL brawl's bonus is less than Smash N64 and the same as ORAS. Yeah brawl's popularity is just going to plummet within the next few years, probably ending up as the least popular game at tournaments (if it's still going to be at tournaments)

Top Bottom