• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Pools and Schedule has been updated! V2!!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
is this a ****ing joke? i'm in kero's pool for the 3rd time out of the past 4 major tournaments LOL. I'm not upset or anything, actually pretty pumped to **** up his pathetic kirby.

I started a game of pokemon blue on emu the other day. I named my rival KERO. It's like I knew this would happen. Oh and yea, I bean beaten KERO's ass in pokemon battles E'RY DAY.

Wait I've just learned I won't be playing him in pools cuz we're 1 and 2? fml

Last edited:

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
Awesome news although I'm slightly confused..... I'm in pool J29 does that mean I battle the person right above me and the bracket goes on from there?

sman865

Smash Apprentice
Altsizzle and Alt$ both from Florida...SheerMadness seems like a good guess, but what about the other one? Maybe Tank???

Edit: IIRC, saltsizzle said he was from the midwest the first time I played him.

Last edited:

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Altsizzle and Alt$ both from Florida...SheerMadness seems like a good guess, but what about the other one? Maybe Tank???

Edit: IIRC, saltsizzle said he was from the midwest the first time I played him.
I'm from Indiana and am not going to Apex due to work.

Altsizzle is probably sheer. Not sure Alt$. Is wizzrobe doing 64 this year?

sman865

Smash Apprentice
I'm from Indiana and am not going to Apex due to work.

Altsizzle is probably sheer. Not sure Alt$. Is wizzrobe doing 64 this year?
Got it - and Wizzrobe is #1 seed in J33. Marbles is J31, those are all the other floridians I know.

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
Awesome news although I'm slightly confused..... I'm in pool J29 does that mean I battle the person right above me and the bracket goes on from there?
In pools play, you will play every one in your pool. Once everyone has played eachother, you're ranked on your performance in the pool, and the top players in your pool will advance to the next round of play.

Pool.

Also this is better for less skilled players because they're guaranteed so many games rather than just being double eliminated from the beginning.

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
In pools play, you will play every one in your pool. Once everyone has played eachother, you're ranked on your performance in the pool, and the top players in your pool will advance to the next round of play.
i dont think this is round robin pools so you wont actually play everyone in your pool. seems like you will play until you lose twice or advance

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
Awesome so it's round robin esq within the pools, I imagine the doubles tournament will be the same? I'm glad I didn't spend $55 bucks to go and get beat my first two games and have to go home lol

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
i dont think this is round robin pools so you wont actually play everyone in your pool. seems like you will play until you lose twice or advance
oh you may be right, but tournament groups or pools have always been round robin in my experience. but then again I've never been to apex

Shears

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure its bracket pools, which means it will be played like a bracket and you don't get to play everyone. Its basically a double elim bracket where you don't play out GF, WF, LF, or LS. Instead, WF will split and play the LS of another pool and so the LS splits and plays the WF of another pool WF splits and plays the WF of another pool, while LS splits and plays the LS of another pool, making a 64 man bracket with the top 2 starting in winners and bottom 2 starting in losers.

Also, who did the teams pools? They put every single MD player in the same pool.

Last edited:

Beesy

Smash Apprentice
We definitely need clarification on this. Maybe Rob could have a podcast with nintendude explaining it.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure its bracket pools, which means it will be played like a bracket and you don't get to play everyone. Its basically a double elim bracket where you don't play out GF, WF, LF, or LS. Instead, WF will split and play the LS of another pool and so the LS splits and plays the WF of another pool.

Also, who did the teams pools? They put every single MD player in the same pool.
so that would mean that the bracket woulld reset after final 64 yes? otherwise you couldnt have people from winners bracket playing people from losers bracket

Shears

Smash Master
I made a little bracket showing what it looks like.

https://advancedbrackets.com/viewTournament.aspx?id=5263

At WF, 1 and 2 don't play, they will split them up to play the other 1s and 2s from the other pools. At LS, 3 and 4 don't play, they will split them up to play other 3s and 4s from other pools.*

I could be wrong because I don't know how Apex and Nintendude are going to do all this, but this is how bracket pools are done normally.

*This assumes no upsets and matches play out as predicted.

Last edited:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
yo NINTENDUDE, I LOVE SMASH lives in NY and plays with Jimmy Joe/Firo on console from time to time; yet they are in the same pool. pls fix

Annex

Smash Ace
damn why are you and kero the only ones in your pool when I get stuck with madrush, ybombb, hipstur and killer
that's some bull****

clubbadubba

Smash Master
cuz andykin is atothez and amida beat fckvwls and got like 25th at apex last year

Last edited:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
OWNED, why you worried about madrush and hiphop (SHOTS)

EDIT: just noticed bcow seeded last in his pool lol

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
apparently ZERO (pool I29) isn't going

can he be seeded the same way battlecow was, and maybe move another player from one of the more stacked pools in there?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Let's start making bets on who's gonna knock kero out of tourney. my guess is one of his cousins

Doomolish

Smash Journeyman
Anyone knows where the top 16 is gonna be streamed? I really want to watch the whole tournament, but I think the top 16 (to top 8) on saturday is the more likele to be streamed.

MailOnSunday

Smash Rookie
some kind of stream schedule would rly be nice, dunno if so could give us fanboys sth like that?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Stream schedule should get released but that's what the production manager is working on.

Regarding some seeding issues, a couple of you submitted formal requests as per the instructions in the information packet containing the pools. Those issues were addressed and you'll see changes in the update that will be posted on website.

I'm aware that several FL players are probably alt-ing. It's not my job to track them down, and if it messes up seeding, the players alt-ing should be the ones held accountable for it.

I want to remind you all that we are taking the schedule very seriously this year. The 64 community has been pretty lax in the past regarding things such as timeliness, setup preferences (requesting to play on the OC console or the one with the controller adapter, etc.), leaving to get food, etc. This year, a majority of pools are being run by staff/volunteers that are not myself. You must abide by the tournament procedures (particularly just being on time to the correct station, and not leaving during that time to get food) to avoid getting DQ'd.

Last edited:
Top Bottom