• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Apex 2015 - New Venue - Official NEW SCHEDULE

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Apex 2015
Updated January 30th - 10:27PM​

Notes
  • Reference the OLD pool/schedule document to get your wave/pool assignment
  • USE THE NEW VENUE DOCUMENTS FOR THE NEW TIMES FOR YOUR POOLS!
  • No events have been cut at all
  • Phase 1 of Melee/Wii U doubles is now a top 2 advance (instead of top 4)
  • Phase 2 of all Melee and Wii U events occur immediately after phase 1 is completed
  • FGC registration will end an hour before the tournament will start
  • Pokemon Registration will end an hour before tournament will start
  • Venue opens at 8AM
  • Shuttles *should* start around 7AM - Twitch is working on this but this will not be 100% confirmed until early Saturday morning - at this time you should rely on community support in case these shuttles are not available and make a backup plan accordingly
  • Huge props to the volunteers, Twitch, Apex Staff, Nintendude/Dr. Z for a huge amount of work on the schedule, Crismas, Red Bull, Nintendo, Curse, Jebailey and the new venue, among many, many others, to even get to this point where this event will occur and be completed
  • The first pools start at 9AM. It is a 1 hour drive from the old venue to the new venue. Plan accordingly, be early, DQs will be occurrin this first wave. Apex will be relying on players to be awesome and cooperate. No johns.
  • Splatoon will remain in the old venue (has not moved to new venue)
Click here for floor plan and schedule (new venue)
Click here for detailed schedule of waves and finals (new venue)

Click here for your pools number, wave, and details - then reference the NEW SCHEDULES, IGNORE PAGE 1 - 8 OF THIS DOC!

Attachments

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What are the hours for Splatoon?? Is it only January 30 to 31st or is it to the 1st of Febuary

Deidd

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deiddmage
3DS FC
3711-8869-5675
It's nice to see that the tournament is back in action! :joyful:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
WE BACK. Anyone got a simplified version of the schedule?
Like I'm back at reading these kind of things, and mainly just wanna watch Melee singles and Wii U singles. :p

EDIT: Figured it out, I'm such an idiot sometimes.

Last edited:

acekingoffsuit

Smash Rookie
Can someone explain to me what FGC is?
Short for Fighting Game Community. It's being used as a catch-all for the "traditional" fighting games at Apex - Ultra Street Fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Guilty Gear Xrd, and Killer Instinct.

Icemanx5746

Smash Apprentice
You guys over there are pulling through, the Smash community never disappoints. Will we get a stream schedule soon? Will finals for all events still be streamed?

Charlesz

Smash Champion
what's going on with the salty suite
nvm I see it

Last edited:

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I'm so glad that things are still going to work out despite all the setbacks. The community really came together on this one...

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Very odd that Splatoon is staying in the old venue, not going to any play then.

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
So I just get there and say my name? Then I get in? Is that how it works? Do I have to print out tickets? I already paid for 4 and Melee, I know where to go.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
It's unfortunate that splatoon didn't move with the rest of APEX. It's understandable, though. I don't know if I would to unecessarily move devkits, builds of unreleased games, and props/custom stream equipment if I were nintendo. But at least they had the heart to remain a sponsor.

Still, I'd prefer it if they relocated as well. Then again my opinion doesnt matter much. I'm just a stream monster this year...

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
We all got to try Splatoon today, now we're all just looking forward to smash

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
The year is 20XX : Nintendo tweeted about us and linked this thread. WE ARE LIVING!

Now all we need is the new streaming schedule for VGBootCamp and Team Spooky.

Namagem

Smash Rookie
NNID
Namagem
3DS FC
2621-2623-0411
Okay, so my friend hasn't checked in yet, he was gonna do it tomorrow, and he's in Smash Wii U 1v1, Wave D, which starts at 1:30pm. Will he be able to check in and get to his pool without a problem before that, given the state of everything that's happened? I remember on the original schedule Check In was available basically all day, so I can't imagine if we got there around noon that he'd have trouble getting in for his fights, but I wanted to ask just in case. Thanks.

Last edited:

Melbo

Smash Rookie
If I'm playing an FGC game in Wave J, do I have to get there at the start of the tourney at 9am? Or can I show up an hour before my wave starts?

Namagem

Smash Rookie
NNID
Namagem
3DS FC
2621-2623-0411
If I'm playing an FGC game in Wave J, do I have to get there at the start of the tourney at 9am? Or can I show up an hour before my wave starts?
Hey, that's actually pretty similar to my question. Anyone know? We'd appreciate the info.

Namagem

Smash Rookie
NNID
Namagem
3DS FC
2621-2623-0411
So I just get there and say my name? Then I get in? Is that how it works? Do I have to print out tickets? I already paid for 4 and Melee, I know where to go.
You have to get in line to check in, where they see your State ID and issue you a "Competitor" badge for the weekend. No tickets to print out, just have to wait in line, is all.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Any word on when that Newcomer Preshow/Nintendo Announcements that people have been hyping up will occur? Or if the schedule for those has changed at all?

Bladeshard

Smash Rookie
Can someone tell me how much it is to get into the venue and watch? first tournament so I would like to know how much pocket money to bring. Im not entering im just a spectator :D.

Last edited:

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
You have to get in line to check in, where they see your State ID and issue you a "Competitor" badge for the weekend. No tickets to print out, just have to wait in line, is all.
I'm a minor I don't have an ID

Namagem

Smash Rookie
NNID
Namagem
3DS FC
2621-2623-0411
Can someone tell me how much it is to enter and watch? first tournament so I would like to know how much pocket money to bring. Im not entering im just a spectator :D.
It was originally $10 for Friday, $10 for Saturday, $20 for Sunday, and $30 for all weekend. Not sure what it is now, but there ya go. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Bladeshard

Smash Rookie
It was originally $10 for Friday, $10 for Saturday, $20 for Sunday, and $30 for all weekend. Not sure what it is now, but there ya go. Hope that helps.
Originally? Hopefully it didnt change, but thanks for the help man!

Namagem

Smash Rookie
NNID
Namagem
3DS FC
2621-2623-0411
I'm a minor I don't have an ID
Force of habit for me to say State ID. I believe you just need some viable way of proving your identity and payment. It wouldn't hurt to have the email confirming your payment/entry ready to show, just in case.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Whoa! 1316 guests in this thread (at the time of this post) Well here's hoping the special announcement is good, and the finals are exciting, I really hope the special announcement is:wolf: Wolf being confirmed for Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS as his own playable character via DLC. As for the finals, I'm hoping to see ZeRo in the finals, and hopefully Mew2king if he entered.

Namagem

Smash Rookie
NNID
Namagem
3DS FC
2621-2623-0411
Originally? Hopefully it didnt change, but thanks for the help man!
Only reason I put it that way is because now that Apex has been condensed into 2 days, I'm not sure what the rates will be, but what I said can't be far off. You're welcome, dude.

Top Bottom