• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Money Matches

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
because jel's thread is for 2014 and it has become fraught with other games and alcohol related stuff
HERE'S MY HOPE
someone will bring a recording setup with COMMENTARY CAPABILITIES that we can record money matches on, since they'll be more high stakes than friendlies and what not. it'll be a nice departure from tourney sets, giving us matches that we would otherwise not be able to witness with both players trying their best.
if possible, we'll be able to get a lot of them done after teams wraps up on Friday (and then embark on crew battles and what not). or if both players aren't schedule for a bracket on saturday, at that time, if there's an open setup.
basically, i'd like to get this hyped and official-feeling. it'd help things a lot, i feel.
current list:
1. Star King vs KeroKeroppi - $20, 3/5, DL only, Yoshi v Pika.
2. Shears vs BarkSanchez - $50, 3/5, DL only, Sexy Blue Hat Pika vs Ugly Green Hat Pika
3. Shears vs Annex - $20, 2/3, Peach's only, Pika vs DK, 5 >5% beer minimum
4. Shears v Banze - $10, 3/5, Brazilian Ruleset.
5. KeroKeroppi vs Kyle Tree - $10, 3/5, DL only, Pika Ditto.
6. KeroKeroppi vs AtotheZ - $1.07, 3/5, Apex ruleset.
7. Stranded vs LD - $5, 3/5, DL only, Falcon vs Fox.
8. Stranded vs Star King - $5, 3/5, DL only, Falcon vs Yoshi.
9. Superboomfan vs Shears - $5, 2/3, DL only, upside-down TV.
10. Shears vs Sedda - $5, 3/5, DL only, Blindfolded Fox dittos.
11. Tacos vs The Z - $40??+, 12cb
12. Hero Pie vs Cobr - $5, 3/5, DL only, Fox vs Samus.
13. Cobr vs Anonymouschris01 - $5, 3/5, DL only, Samus Dittos
14. Shears vs Battlecow - $10, 3/5, DL only, Pika Dittos
15. Firo vs Anonymouschris01's Anonymous Friend - $5, 3/5, Ness Dittos
16. Ybombb vs Fireblaster - $50, 3/5, Apex Ruleset.
17. Madrush21 vs Sedda - $5, 3/5, DL only, Falcon v Fox.
18. Kyletree v Clubbadubba - $5, 3/5, DL only, Char Lock, Blind Pick.
19. Cobr v Wookiee - $5, DL only, 3/5, Samus v Pika.
20. BarkSanchez v Cobr - $5, DL only, 3/5, Pika v Samus.
21. BarkSanchez v lord narwhal - $5, DL only, 3/5, Pika v whoever narwhal plays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shears

Smash Master
Shears vs BarkSanchez - $50, 3/5, DL only, Sexy Blue Hat Pika vs Ugly Green Hat Pika

Also,

Shears vs Annex - $20, 2/3, Peachs only, Pika vs DK, 5 >5% beer minimum

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
I would love to do this just for the sake of getting some recording matches in. i'm down for 10$ money matches with anyone who I feel is at at somewhat similar level as me. We don't have to be exactly the same in skill i just don't want to be getting 3-4 stocked or vice versa. i'd be down for bo5 dl only or bo5 apex ruleset or bo5 hyrule only. lmk if interested

Olikus

Smash Champion
I would love to do this just for the sake of getting some recording matches in. i'm down for 10$ money matches with anyone who I feel is at at somewhat similar level as me. We don't have to be exactly the same in skill i just don't want to be getting 3-4 stocked or vice versa. i'd be down for bo5 dl only or bo5 apex ruleset or bo5 hyrule only. lmk if interested
If I go I would like to do this MM!

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
I've got some good recording capabilities. I'm even gonna look into downloading some streaming software to allow me to merge different camera/audio inputs and get some cool graphics or something.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff Cobr. For those that don't know (just about everyone), I brought this to Cobr last week because I'm most likely going to bring a setup to Apex just for this reason, to record money matches. There's some other stuff planned too that can't be discussed right now, so any suggestions for anything shoot me a message or post in this thread.

Serious about helping out? This is what could be helpful:

People willing to commentate
--Understand the community and preferably the relationship between those in the MM. Nothing crazy, nothing to think too much about.. Just need faces to have fun and spark interesting discussions on stream.

Video Editor
--Just something to manufacture hype. Let's be honest, 64 can be dull to watch for people who aren't involved with the scene like we are or understand the game like we do, so clever editing to catch hype moments whether in game or player reactions would be great. Just having an understanding of HYPE and creativity. Would be a good idea to have a video before Apex to hype up the planned matches ;]

Advisers
--I'd appreciate everyone being honest and sharing your input without worries of how it may be received. If people have suggestions or concerns, anything at all, don't hesitate to voice your opinion.

Let's do this.

Last edited:

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
I'll be contributing some money of my own to these money matches, so I'll bring that up when the times comes. As far as equipment though, what else would be needed aside from a PC and two webcams (one for commentators and one for players)? I'd lke input for mics, if there's a way to use this Blue Yeti I have with maybe a clip-on mic? Perhaps it would just be best to purchase two headsets?

I wanted to buy a camera like this to have some legit footage from Apex and for other projects I have in mind outside of this, warranting this purchase lol, so anyone have any experience with these cameras? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
hmm I might have some ideas for a video...

also, can we get some salty runbacks? Ie jam v Kero, me v firo, stranded v ybombb, ceasar v clubba, etcetc?

Sedda

Smash Champion
you probably dont need to spend that much money on a camera unk.

ive seen some pretty ****ty short films with great cameras and vice versa

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Not sure wizzrobe is entering 64 this year.

That's the impression that I got anyway. He said entering every game is too hard so he'll probably just stick with 2. Melee is definitely one and I think he's been into smash 4 so I'm guessing PM and 64 get the axe this year.

Just a guess though.

EDIT: He might still be willing to take people's $ though.

Last edited:

Soto

Smash Cadet
@ Cobrevolution Cobrevolution - Regarding stream setup; I'll be bringing a full quality setup. You're familiar with the capabilities and quality from our streams so I've got that covered.

Would really like dibs on this so please to prioritize the LASmash stream please, thanks!

-SotoH

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i had a dream that we were at a fest and tacos came downstairs and went over to z and they shook hands and agreed to do the $100 12cb mm

let's hope i'm foretelling the future

Top Bottom