• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Hype! Jan 30-Feb 1 Results, brackets and videos are up!

juddy96

Smash Lord
I paid a a week ago or so. Can't figure out what's wrong. They sent me an email to click on a link to confirm registration but there is no link in the email. Anyone else have a problem like this?
You should probably either tweet @apex_series or post in FB event page

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I think I am going to go to this, but I need to know the schedule first. What days/hours is the 64 tournament being run?

Also, Han Solo you better be there.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
it's broken to us, probably because lol CloudFlare atm also cookies OP

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
gangstassssssaaaa!!!

i forgot to post this earlier

ok as some of you know me and roberto have this bet going for apex

i make top 8, he does the chicken dance on stream

i don't make top 8, i have to like read a book or play a game or something

i don't even know tbh because LOL @ me not making top 8 ahahaha

ok

so i messages rob the other day and was like listen niggg

top 8 is TOO FUXKING FREE without the japanese going

I NEED AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT OF A CHALLENGE

SO

let's change it top 4 instead

he was about it

still kind of LOL tho tbh i have no intentions of getting 5th or lower

i'm kero the great

i'm going all the way

y'all muhphuckas are gonna get REKT

k

that's all

cashbah *******

The Star King

Smash Hero
top 8 might be too easy this year compared to last year, good change

please don't be that guy who tries to backpedal on this change of conditions if you get 5th or something

Last edited:

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Does this ****ing website work yet or whatever? I'm finally sure I can go. Unless I get a real job before the 30th somehow. I'm already giving up a chance to make 200 bucks that weekend by coming to this so I think I'm still pretty top-tier in terms of most clutch financially irresponsible tournament attendance.

Morin0

Smash Lord
So the easiest way to get from Newark Liberty International Airport to the Apex venue is Airtran Newark and then take some bus (2 or 129)? That's what Google Maps says. Dat public transportation life. Instead of driving 19 mins to the venue, it goes up to an hour.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
If it lists that under apex, then yeah. Otherwise, call the hotel, they might be able to make a shuttle from Newark or something.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
[12:23:57 PM] Rob Stone: someone post this in apex 2015 thread
[12:23:58 PM] Rob Stone: 12am EST 1.5.15 -- Venue price increases to $45 and no more refunds will be eligible.

11:59pm EST 1.11.15 -- Due date for all registration, no exceptions!

12am EST 1.13.15 -- Final date for all teammate match-ups, there is no on-site matching, this must be all done online

#legalizeRobStone

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
if u need help just message me on fb i'll help.

for the website link try enabling the link once it is in inbox

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Zenith is smaller so I can set up RR pools.

The pools at Apex will not be like last year but will have less people (16 people per pool) and we are working on (if the community helps) 32 Smash 64 setups.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I dunno what Alex is talking about. EWR is 14 miles (or 19 minute drive) away from the Apex venue. Maybe he's referring to JFK? That's 32 miles away from the venue according to Google Maps. The closest airport to the venue is EWR (Newark Liberty International Airport)

Last edited:

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
How does the seeding and pools work for apex? Is it double elimination in your pools as well? What about for doubles? Is there a losers bracket for those matches?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
How does the seeding and pools work for apex? Is it double elimination in your pools as well? What about for doubles? Is there a losers bracket for those matches?
In terms of seeding, it's based on previous results/perceived skill. In a pool of 16, there is 1 person who is basically guaranteed to get out (Boom, Isai, etc) 1 person who really should, and 2 more who should be really close to getting out. (And then another 4 who are at a lowe-B level, and the rest are unknowns or people who haven't had amazing results.)

At least that is supposed to happen but in terms of last apex and who seems to be registering now, there are more well known strong players than there are weaker/unknown players.

Like for last year, pool A was ridiculously difficult but then again all of them were pretty strong)

And yea,, doubles has a loser's bracket. It'll probably be bracket pools or be round robin pools (there is no way 64 singles will be round robin,) it really depends on size and number of consoles (especially overclocked)

Last edited:

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
In terms of seeding, it's based on previous results/perceived skill. In a pool of 16, there is 1 person who is basically guaranteed to get out (Boom, Isai, etc) 1 person who really should, and 2 more who should be really close to getting out. (And then another 4 who are at a lowe-B level, and the rest are unknowns or people who haven't had amazing results.)

At least that is supposed to happen but in terms of last apex and who seems to be registering now, there are more well known strong players than there are weaker/unknown players.

Like for last year, pool A was ridiculously difficult but then again all of them were pretty strong)

And yea,, doubles has a loser's bracket. It'll probably be bracket pools or be round robin pools (there is no way 64 singles will be round robin,) it really depends on size and number of consoles (especially overclocked)
Thanks, so is it only the top players that make it to the finals? Is it double elimination within the pools as well?

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, so is it only the top players that make it to the finals? Is it double elimination within the pools as well?
If I understand it correctly, the top 2 from each pool will make it into the top 8. Certain people in the top 8 will be in losers and some in winners, so some of them will have to lose twice while others only have one shot. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sedda

Smash Champion
If I understand it correctly, the top 2 from each pool will make it into the top 8. Certain people in the top 8 will be in losers and some in winners, so some of them will have to lose twice while others only have one shot. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
we're gonna have 16-man pools now.

also i just registered. 100 entrants now

Alt$FL
Super Smash Bros. 64 2v2
Super Smash Bros. 64 1v1

Sheer?

Last edited:
Top Bottom