• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Hype! Jan 30-Feb 1 Results, brackets and videos are up!

Derek Bancarz

Smash Cadet
I kind of have the same question as Quail93. I haven't been to a tournament before yet I consider myself OK from playing LD all the time, and just being online with my green rat here and there. If I were to go to apex (assuming I can get off of work somehow), what's the procedure? I haven't been to a qualifier but could I still play? Also whats a good hotel room going at price wise?
AND though I dont have much of a name in smash, would it be possible to commentate ? I love getting things hyped

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
1000chars, long post, etc, hello mobile browsers, sorry.

I kind of have the same question as Quail93. I haven't been to a tournament before yet I consider myself OK from playing LD all the time, and just being online with my green rat here and there. If I were to go to apex (assuming I can get off of work somehow), what's the procedure? I haven't been to a qualifier but could I still play? Also whats a good hotel room going at price wise?
AND though I dont have much of a name in smash, would it be possible to commentate ? I love getting things hyped
1. Check the schedule * once it's releaed on the apex site. Make sure to pre-register, earlier is better as it is less expensive. Plan your trip up here earlier if you are coming from further away. Make sign-in easier for people by getting there when the schedule requests you to. Also, make your pool matches, or else people will get byes where they really don't want one (people came to play obv.)

* That should be very soon.

2. There are no qualifiers for ssb64, only for melee. In terms of 64, you will be seeded rather low but only since we don't know you at all. Surprise us, do well, you'll be seeded better next year. The only point qualifiers for melee is to make your seed better in a much more massive event. (outside the obvious tournament experience/money for top players.)

2.a. Also, FYI, in terms of seeding, if it is anything like last year, most pools have 2-4 very big killers in pools and then the rest are somewhat just put in (well we aren't seeded too much but it's enough to make it not too top heavy.)

3. I don't know the prices *, the hotel is up but they definitely have a rate for this event. Be prepared to stay with the nicest strangers you'll ever meet to make your prices low. Just stick with the 64 folk (or anyone in the melee scene who has been around over 3/4 years) as we are the nicest.

* It probably says the rate in the main Apex thread.

4. Uhh maybe record a video of you commentating on another set like Battlecattle did. Maybe try one of the apex sets that has no commentary...or do it on one with but have the sound for it low (maybe make sure you don't remember the hype moments to make it not seem so artificial). or go to an earlier event and commentate.

*Though we are pretty lax and we'll probably allow commentary for a less important match even if you don't do this. I won't say much but we have the main stream for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
So I haven't played Smash in like 4 months but decided today that I'm going to register anyways. It looks like there is a problem with the site and my payment won't go through? Anyone else having this problem?

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
So I haven't played Smash in like 4 months but decided today that I'm going to register anyways. It looks like there is a problem with the site and my payment won't go through? Anyone else having this problem?
last time i tried i wasnt able to register either i kept getting an error message

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Lets have a crew battle for people north and south of the Mason Dixon line. It'll be all the best players versus me and sedda with 12 stocks each.

juddy96

Smash Lord
You are all talking about a crew battle, meanwhile 64 gets the 3pm slot on Sunday before Smash 4. Get hype!

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
listen up idiots im busting my *** trying to figure out a way to get to apex despite being in multiple ****ty situations that would prevent the faint-of-heart from showing up

Better not be seeing any bull**** excuses from any of yall
Word up. I don't have any work between next weekend and Apex to make money off of and all of it's going to rent anyway so I'm having to sell stuff and do unspeakable things on the internet to pay for my 12 hour bus ride. If we both make it I'll give you a high-five for your perseverance. Don't give up. Live the dream!

MasterSplinter

Smash Cadet
I'm having some difficulty registering for APEX. I'm planning on going although I'm only ok at the game but when I sign up for Smash64 Singles, i keep getting redirected with this error message, "
This transaction is invalid. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow."
Is anybody else encountering this problem or is it user error on my part. Thanks in advance,

MasterSplinter

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I'm having some difficulty registering for APEX. I'm planning on going although I'm only ok at the game but when I sign up for Smash64 Singles, i keep getting redirected with this error message, "
This transaction is invalid. Please return to the recipient's website to complete your transaction using their regular checkout flow."
Is anybody else encountering this problem or is it user error on my part. Thanks in advance,

MasterSplinter
send a message to Alex Strife.

nvm got ninja'd by the alex strife, lol.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Word up. I don't have any work between next weekend and Apex to make money off of and all of it's going to rent anyway so I'm having to sell stuff and do unspeakable things on the internet to pay for my 12 hour bus ride. If we both make it I'll give you a high-five for your perseverance. Don't give up. Live the dream!
im not gonna let this be the first apex i miss in 4 years

Shears

Smash Master

MasterSplinter
This is happening to everyone. Haven't been able to sign up either.

10DDOSchars

banze

Smash Journeyman
Whaaattt ! we got stream on sunday afternoon !!! thats gonna be so hyped!!
are we doing only LF/WF/GF or the entire top8 like last year Alex?

And yeah, we only got EC here (wich is the best) ahah. But seriusly, are we not planning any crew battle this year again?
common fellas ! lets make it happen !
draft was already hyped as F*** with our hands in the air and all ! imagine a real one!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
pretty sure it's top8

if everyone likes this plan, we can go ahead and try to go through with it:

doubles ends at 5pm. we can do EC v WC crew battle as well as draft crews (i really want team solo v team banze redraft and rematch) after that, around 7 or so.

hopefully we'll have some recording setups dedicated to the crew battles. we should also really try to have our own version of the salty suite, or at the very least, a dedicated mm recording setup. if we have mics and stuff, that'd be even sicker.

this should all bring us to closing time for day 1. day 2 starts at 11, so...might need to get some sleep. but we all know how that goes.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
guess what?

I made it happen.

See you guys there.

The Star King

Smash Hero
ahahaha west coast desperate for any glimmer of hope, even pulling foreigners in

east coast vs west coast has ALWAYS meant USA only for these sorts of things, we all know this

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
tbh we should just let them have mariguas

as things are now, EC would absolutely ****ing embarrass WC

we can all sit here talking **** but at the end of the day that's just the god damn truth and we all know it

them having mariguas certainly wouldn't change anything but it might make this cb a little more interesting

we should probably give them tacos too

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if we bet enough money on the crew battle and the odds are good enough Isai will show up at the last minute and put a bunch of his own money on the West Coast.

Edit: Wait a minute... isn't gambling legal in NJ? This changes everything

Last edited:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
SheerMadness is not going to apex this year.

But if I do pray that the pairing gods are with you.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I will not be able to go to Apex because I have to pay for my classes NEXT semester. Paying for my classes > paying for the flight to Apex

So unless people start a near fund (lel), I am pretty much 100% confirmed for not going.

ありがとう。

Last edited:
Top Bottom