• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17-19, 2014 - Somerset, NJ

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Have fun registering.
:troll:

Just messaged Alex to increase the cap lollllll (and to change Ruoka..again)

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
I believe there's just a spot being held for me in the tournament.
what does this mean? that we're at 127 with one spot left, and you have a spot left for you, and ruoka is left in brawl, and with no cap raise that'll be 129 people, so one bracket is going to be really weird with one bye or something, and we'll be over the cap, and just, what?

Also, we still could use more commentators. Anyone else interested? If you don't express interest ahead of time you won't be able to just randomly jump on the mic like at zenith.
attention Han Solo, KeroKeroppi, Karajan, Superboomfan, Star King, Pete, and Banze

yes sk on LIVE STREAM FOR THE WORLD

The Star King

Smash Hero
LD said he was interested in doing commentary I think. I'll tell him to tell the Apex staff if he hasn't already.

He also asked me to commentate with him... I was mildly interested to maybe casually do so, but I don't know if I want to do so "officially" for tournament games and such. Probably best left for others.

I fear commitment if you haven't noticed ;)

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
LD was iffy about going though when i talked to him. maybe he's just being weird as usual and not ever telling the truth

no but for real i'm really close to ****ing erupting on apex staff for not fixing this when we asked them to WEEKS ago and if ruoka gets ****ed out of a spot...jesus ****ing christ

edit: sk just email them and ask to be refunded for melee

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
He's not going to be kicked out.

I mean put it this way. they are forced to increase the cap due to that error

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
officially capped, with Justin from VA being the 128th man to enter.

so uhh yeah. let's see how this turns out.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
lol secret time: i registered all the japanese players myself and registered rouka for brawl on purpose so that they would have to raise the cap cause smash players are super flakey and wont fix things until after it really matters

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I think the real question is who will make top-8?

I believe there's just a spot being held for me in the tournament.

Also, we still could use more commentators. Anyone else interested? If you don't express interest ahead of time you won't be able to just randomly jump on the mic like at zenith.
Interested

mixa

Banned via Warnings
secret time: this event is so hype that even the pre-event is an event in itself. to put hype into it, the staff is laconic and late, constantly giving the impression everything is lost.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
What happens if star king and killer play each other, who gets to use the keyboard adapter? Or are there 2 kb adapters?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
calling dibs for my man STAR KING with the kb if there is only one. respect the dibs guys

aa you have to come

ruoka should just stay in brawl and beat them all with low tier brawl falcon

tank isn't coming what?

HYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE-EE NEW YEARS GUYS!!!!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
before i actually commit several thousand dollars, i want more evidence than one nintendude post of my going being worthwhile

i can always fall back and play pokemon cards, but that ****s over 99% of the reason i would even go to apex to begin with

this kind of feels like a flake-out post but money is kind of a thing in my life, so im holding out until the cap has actually been raised

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
So how is keyboard adapter going to work for multiple people? The bracket better not be seeded so that keyboard players don't have to face each other.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
msg him directly, aa, or strife or chibo i guess

gl getting a response though

yo clubba needs to update yolo ratings so they have ADDITIONAL ACCURATE SEEDING INFO

The Star King

Smash Hero
Also we are planning on teaming so yeah

I guess it's a question for Karajan. I'd wait for him to respond before flipping out. Also bloodpeach was making a keyboard adapter a while ago, dunno if he finished that.

If it comes down to it I'll just play on controller I guess.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I am really gonna have to get some help on those threads seeing as how I'm now the laziest poster ever

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
well i don't know how to do anything java related and i don't know how to add people to the googlemaps thing but if you give me a tutorial on it i can do it

the elo stuff occurs less often, though

Skrlx

Smash Champion
192? DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNn.

When's Ruoka?

Top Bottom