• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
its on the op here

Schedule

Friday

10:00am - 11:30am : Check-in + Free Play
12:00pm: Melee Doubles Bracket Begins
1:00pm : Soul Calibur V Begins
2:00pm : Brawl Doubles Bracket Begins
3:00pm : Super Smash Bros. Begins
4:00pm : Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v. 2012 Begins
5:00pm : Pokemon Black/White 2 Begins
10:00pm : Brawl USA vs World Exhibition Begins

Saturday

8:00am-9:30am : Check-in + Free Play
10:00am : Melee/Brawl Singles Pools 1-8 Begins
12:00pm : Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 Begins
1:00pm : Melee/Brawl Singles Pools 9-16 Begins
2:00pm : Persona 4 Arena Begins
4:00pm : Melee/Brawl Singles Pools 17-24 Begins
4:00pm : Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Begins
7:00pm : Melee/Brawl Singles Pools 25-32 Begins
10:00pm : Melee USA vs World Exhibition Begins

Sunday

8:00am-9:30am : Check-in + Free Play
10:00am : Melee/Brawl Singles Bracket Begins
9:00pm : Tournament ends
10:00pm : Closing Ceramonies

Battlecow

Play to Win
This is the surri-sama we know and love

dude it's been like years since you went full ******. BRING IT BACK, MAN, we don't even know who you are any more.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm really not

you're precociously, adorably stupid though. That certain special kind of stupid that makes everyone exposed to it feel giddy and light-hearted and ingenious. You haven't shown it for a while now, which was making me sad. But it's baaaaaaack!

Battlecow

Play to Win
No no no, that's just incoherent. Come on, keep talking about why hori minipads should be banned.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Jaime Boom Isai Kefit

then who? there are two more spots for top 5 (two fifth places). Sensei? Maybe. Nintendude's washed up though (YEAH I WENT THERE MELEE TRAITOR).
i would say DEFINITELY sensei. I'm sayin he gets 4th this year, kefit 5th. Sensei is harder to beat against IMO. I didn't Dexter was crazy good, though I haven't played him super recently. I would say high B or low A.

I thought there was a clear 5th place last year, since the top 5 got payouts... Well if there isn't then maybe he can finish top 6. I still like Firo, Megavolt, possible European representative over him though. But he is using that goddamn hori so all bets are off.

TANK64

Smash Lord
inb4 dexter gets top 5
This.

He prolly will
Agreed.

Jaime Boom Isai Kefit

then who? there are two more spots for top 5 (two fifth places). Sensei? Maybe. Nintendude's washed up though (YEAH I WENT THERE MELEE TRAITOR).
Agreed.

This is the surri-sama we know and love

dude it's been like years since you went full ******. BRING IT BACK, MAN, we don't even know who you are any more.
Why must you start an immature back and forth of personal insults >___>

Pretty sure he's talking about the Hori having a greater range than the OG. Which is a fact.

Didn't we JUST talk about this somewhere else? or was it this thread lol.

He just thinks it's a bigger deal than you (and most of the community) does.

Kind of like how you think splitting is the end of the civilized world.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
This.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Why must you start an immature back and forth of personal insults >___>

Pretty sure he's talking about the Hori having a great range than the OG. Which is a fact.

Didn't we JUST talk about this somewhere else? or was it this thread lol.

He just thinks it's a bigger deal than you (and most of the community) does.

Kind of like how you think splitting is the end of the civilized world.
Wow, and to think i stole ricky from you.

I'm sorry tank :(

And since this seems like the first chance someone might be willing to answer a legit questions of mine regarding this issue.

Why doesn't the community think it's a bigger deal? And does anyone actually remember my first statements where mostly about getting this controller tested (yoshi jump test or something maybe) to see exactly what level of difference we are talking about.

But once i made those statements battlecow comes out of the woodwork, derails everything progressive and starts on with ****. I'll admit this time i obviously didn't start with an intelligent statement, but some how THIS TIME i ended up getting a respectable reply.

Odd stuff O_O

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I will also probably want Sensei , Nintendude, and Hambuglar to be interviewed by Screwattack since I know them enough to say they represent the community.

TANK64

Smash Lord
@Surri, Wait... you stole Ricky from me?

Naw, I broke up with Ricky :p

He developed a spamming problem, and was playing too much PSA on the side. He wasn't the same man I met those many years ago...

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Wait... you stole Ricky from me?

Naw, I broke up with Ricky :p

He developed a spamming problem, and was playing too much PSA on the side. He wasn't the same man I met those many years ago...
Ah, well then he;s all mine either way ;)

But on a serious note would you mind reading the edited part of my last post, i REALLY wanna see if i can get a progressive conversation going about this damn controller once and for all.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I think it's a big enough difference where you can feel and see it easily in like 2 seconds lol. Proper testing isn't really necessary.

But at the same time, it's 2012 and I've never seen it abused to anything resembling any broken standard. Plus people are too lazy to DI lol. The OG controller for example can get a lot more DI than people want to work for.

The hori is just kind of easy-mode, but won't make a difference at top level play.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I think it's a big enough difference where you can feel and see it easily in like 2 seconds lol. Proper testing isn't really necessary.

But at the same time, it's 2012 and I've never seen it abused to anything resembling any broken standard. Plus people are too lazy to DI lol.
I've never used a Hori before so i don't actually know what we're dealing with, so I'll just take your (and snakes) word for it.

We both know the second part isn't REALLY a reason though lol. Potentially it can be used and could have been used already to give someone and advantage.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Ok so as someone who's not at top level play, if i wish to go and compete i just have to deal with being put in a disadvantage because isai (top level player) doesn't care about horis?

Also I'm not sure if you can actually say it wont make a difference in top level play. Considering players like Isai and Boom both do great with a standard controller. Doesn't it just seem logical that one could be doing better if they where given a Hori and time to get comfortable with it?

TANK64

Smash Lord
Ehh I think you're better than the level I'm talking about. But yes, I do think that at mid level play it gives a bit of an edge.

Other than against Samus (render upB irrelevant), I don't think it's a real game changer.

I know you're salty with Pika, and peeps DIing your fair. But once again, you're gonna have the same thing happen if you're playing a good player with a regular controller anyways.

Sorry but I don't think it will ever change until someone demonstrates it to be broken (Even if it's excepted as less than level playing field.).

Majority rules. And as of right now, we are the minority.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Ehh I think you're better than the level I'm talking about. But yes, I do think that at mid level play it gives a bit of an edge.

Other than against Samus (render upB irrelevant), I don't think it's a real game changer.

I know you're salty with Pika, and peeps DIing your fair. But once again, you're gonna have the same thing happen if you're playing a good player with a regular controller anyways.

Sorry but I don't think it will ever change until someone demonstrates it to be broken (Even if it's excepted as less than level playing field.).

Majority rules. And as of right now, we are the minority.
<3

I don't actually have specific examples at this point, but since you brought one up for me, I'll run with it. The simple fact that something like this exists should almost be enough to get rid of them.

Now now, Fair is one of my least used attacks, and i REALLY hate the Fair combos seen in training mode.

And SIGH yes, your last statement is true, I admit defeat...no point to say anything more. (In case this seems like sarcasm let me say im 100% serious..and 100% sad)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
we talked about this earlier, and I was actually against hori's UNTIL I found out that the hori's were created BY NINTENDO, BEFORE super smash bros came out. Which means that the original game was designed with the intention of being played on both types of controllers. So whether or not there is an advantage with hori's is irrelevant because the hori is just as much a legitimate nintendo endorsed controller for this game as the original n64 controller.

Keyboards are not okay though.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
inb4 dexter gets top 5
He probably will as well long as he is good offline as he is good online/he is seeded well enough not to lose to Boom or something

In terms of this quote:
Jaime Boom Isai Kefit
I'd potentially switch Dexter and Kefit also. I wonder how he'll do vs. someone like Kefit.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I finally have my controller and adapter again. Time for hardcore training between now and Apex. Shooting for top-3... expect to see me online a lot.

Doomolish

Smash Journeyman
we talked about this earlier, and I was actually against hori's UNTIL I found out that the hori's were created BY NINTENDO, BEFORE super smash bros came out. Which means that the original game was designed with the intention of being played on both types of controllers. So whether or not there is an advantage with hori's is irrelevant because the hori is just as much a legitimate nintendo endorsed controller for this game as the original n64 controller.

Keyboards are not okay though.
Do you have a source of that Hori fact? You could put a link to that thread, though, it would be more productive.

Why keyboards are cheat?

Top Bottom