• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
It make more sense to have seeds 1-4 by playing out WF & LSF, Its what? 30mins more?

How many pools are there? So perhaps 2 hours more tops?

:sonic:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Alright everyone. Just a heads up we WILL have final sign-ups at the door for all traditional fighting games. Here are the times EACH of those games will end registration.

On Friday :

SCV Registration will end at noon
KOF Registration will end at 2pm
AE Registration will end at 3pm

On Saturday :

P4U Registration will end at 10am
TTT2 Registration will end at noon
Marvels Registration will end at 1pm

All registration will be done at the check-in station. Make sure to tell them who you are, if you are part of a team, and what you are entering. The prices will REMAIN THE SAME.

If you NEED anything else feel free to message me directly!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I will be posting up times the bus from the hyatt will be leaving to take people to the venue friday/sat/sun tomorrow!

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
From what I understand regarding how the bracket pools wrap up seeding, it's only going to be that way for the pools, and even if it isn't, don't get your panties in a bunch right away.

I'm sure Strife has got this **** together.

On a side note, I'm extremely anxious to see pools. Could we possibly get an idea of when they'll be up, please? :3

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Yeah I just didn't bother looking at the title since I've been in the thread looking at the comments and seeing if the OP or website updates lol

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Is there a thread where all the streams are going to posted, like the including the unofficial ones?

Yobolight

Smash Lord
no streams other then the official ones will be streaming at apex.
Hah thats what I thought but I wasn't sure.

Since that is the case can you guys not stream non-smash games in order to get some of the hype 64 matchups in the semi finals and stuff?

Also is PM getting streamed?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Hey I'm not sure if there's a transportaion thread, but a smasher from NM will be arriving at EWR around 9 pm Thursday night. I was wondering if there were going to be any other smashers arriving around that time that he could get a ride with back to the hotels (he would be willing to pitch in for gas of course).

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
check the scheudle online

top 4 of 64 is getting streamed that is it.

we are working on each pool having 1 recording station.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey I'm not sure if there's a transportaion thread, but a smasher from NM will be arriving at EWR around 9 pm Thursday night. I was wondering if there were going to be any other smashers arriving around that time that he could get a ride with back to the hotels (he would be willing to pitch in for gas of course).
Try here if you can't find anyone.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330985

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Same, I'm watching some speed runs from the speeddemosarchive. :3

Cassio

Smash Master
Is there any information on how to get from Newark Airport to New Brunswick using public transit or without breaking the bank in general? More specifically the Howard Johnson Express Inn, but even getting to the venue or general vicinity would be nice.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
It's godlike how Brawl has no definite favorite to win the tournament, makes stuff way more hype and unpredictable.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
It's godlike how Brawl has no definite favorite to win the tournament, makes stuff way more hype and unpredictable.
this so much.
2008-2010, ally and m2k yawn
2012, oh **** japan invasion!
but now japan, chile (or just zero =p), and NA are all so close. though im still predicting japan to win!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
What is the reasoning for the alternative method of pools? Advantages?
Better time management mainly. There are likely other advantages but it is the only one that stands out in my mind.

How will the bracket reset work with the Apex seeding points? When you reset it, are 1st and 2nd seeds (Nairo and Ally, or M2K and Peepee) guaranteed to be on opposite sides of the bracket, assuming they don't lose? Will the 16th seed be playing the 1st seed the round before WQF (as is typical)? In other words, do the Apex seeding points predetermine large portions of the bracket (as I expected them to), or are seeded players still going to get floated around a lot?
That's actually not completely decided yet. Will be talking to other TOs about this tomorrow.

zmx

Smash Lord

this so much.
2008-2010, ally and m2k yawn
2012, oh **** japan invasion!
but now japan, chile (or just zero =p), and NA are all so close. though im still predicting japan to win!
Seconded.

And even if NA or Japan was the favourite that still doesn't answer WHO in NA or Japan. There are so many players that could take this not even including wildcards or players that are slept on/are being forgotten.

Just look at the top 12 thread. Everyone's predictions are different.

Before last Apex people at least agreed that Nietono was going to either take the tournament or become very close to doing so. Here it's pretty much up for grabs entirely. There's no definite player people seem to be agreeing on, just maybe a few that people agree will at least place high.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Is there any information on how to get from Newark Airport to New Brunswick using public transit or without breaking the bank in general? More specifically the Howard Johnson Express Inn, but even getting to the venue or general vicinity would be nice.
Take the New Jersey Transit: http://www.njtransit.comhttp://www....ervlet.srv?hdnPageAction=AirportConnectionsTo

You can take it from Newark Airport to the New Brunswick stop which is a couple of minutes walking distance from the venue and Hyatt Hotel.

It's $12-$13 for one way.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
^ That video just made me really hyped over a game that I don't play at a tournament that I'm not even attending.
Well done!

W.C.N

Smash Lord
imi hyped to see those people get *****....too many dropped combos for melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom