• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
^ sorry, not gonna happen. We've done our best to stretch out the amount of streamers we have/time slots so it will ease a lot of those problems.

S l o X

Smash Champion
if you guys want a successful tournament you should PROBABLY get good players (smart) who actually know how to seed pools.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
1 stream for Brawl
1 stream for Melee
1 stream for other games
BAM! Problem solved.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I would suggest setting aside a time-slot for Concept Matches.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I find it funny that people keep saying this before every big tourney.
It's like staring at a toaster and telling "NOW" every second till it pops and saying "ha, told u." Doesn't work like that lol.

:phone:
Don't take anything Illmatic says seriously, he's quit like 4 times and had himself banned but he always comes back.

:017:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
1 stream for Brawl
1 stream for Melee
1 stream for other games
BAM! Problem solved.
Don't worry guys, streaming will be at least twice as enjoyable for both the Smash and FGC community this time around. You can specifically thank Chibo/Keitaro for this :p

Take my word, cause I know what you all want, including FGC players.

Regarding A LOT of things, this tournament will be more fun than the last actually. The drive of the staff to do bigger and better things is immense this time around. Think that was covered in the opening post but just wanted to make sure others know.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Sorry, FGC is going to be around lol. But don't worry, Smash is going to be on overdrive this time. There will always be Smash available on a stream, and there will be TONS of resources at the tournament for Smash.

Don't worry guys, streaming will be at least twice as enjoyable for both the Smash and FGC community this time around. You can specifically thank Chibo/Keitaro for this :p
Yes, this was a very important topic we made sure was fixed.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Take my word, cause I know what you all want, including FGC players.

Regarding A LOT of things, this tournament will be more fun than the last actually. The drive of the staff to do bigger and better things is immense this time around. Think that was covered in the opening post but just wanted to make sure others know.
Well, that's a relief. ^_^

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I wonder what the fgc games will be

I know AE and marvel. Probably sfxt (blah) Hopefully KOF or skullgirls as well

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Don't take anything Illmatic says seriously, he's quit like 4 times and had himself banned but he always comes back.
Pretty sure you've quit this game too and came back.
I'm not even "back", I don't care about this game competitively anymore. I just have a lot of time on my hands right now, need something to do, and like talking to people I've met through smash.

Regardless, my post was sorta unnecessary - SO SORRY SMASH COMMUNITY.

M@v

Subarashii!
Why is the fgc community back? Last apex turned into a fgc first tournrey, all they did was *****, and sapped valuable floor space and to focus from smash.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
There was a lot of problems with last years FGC events including the planning, staff, schedule, and more. Still though, we broke good ground. It was an Evo qualifier, and it brought in hundreds of entrants. We're carefully planning Apex this year to make it bigger and better for the FGC, with not only not sacrificing any of the Smash experience, but growing the Smash experience further with getting rid of the downsides Smash had last year from FGC. This includes a better layout that will incorporate more room for Smash setups and players (including friendly setups), a better schedule to get events done quicker, and a much better stream setup so there is always Smash and FGC to be watched concurrently.

Patches

Smash Master
Dear Mods: please make a MM subforum for this. Not one giant thread.

@Leon: I wanna see you come to this tournament and do work man.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
There was a lot of problems with last years FGC events including the planning, staff, schedule, and more. Still though, we broke good ground. It was an Evo qualifier, and it brought in hundreds of entrants. We're carefully planning Apex this year to make it bigger and better for the FGC, with not only not sacrificing any of the Smash experience, but growing the Smash experience further with getting rid of the downsides Smash had last year from FGC. This includes a better layout that will incorporate more room for Smash setups and players (including friendly setups), a better schedule to get events done quicker, and a much better stream setup so there is always Smash and FGC to be watched concurrently.
I dont see whats the deal with the FGC...
Why not Smash only?
It would make it a better event FOR EVERYONE (FGC can have their own event, smash players get full attention by the hosts etc.)
I just dont get it q_q
Leave the FGC alone and let them make their own tournaments ._."
Right now I think its great to do such big smash only events, just to show that Smash on its own is SO great that it can get players from around the world and fill a whole location.
Let it be the GREATEST SMASH Event in History. There is no need to make it +FGC...

Well but do whatever you think you have to do. I know I'm not alone with my opinion and many people would prefer a smash only event. Only a few people actually prefer "All in One", guess who ;)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
wtf does concurrently mean, please tell me there'll be two separate streams for FGC and smash
It means at the same time. Smash will be streamed a lot more than last time. At least 100% more aka twice as much. I don't wanna go into full details cause it may be announced later.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
It means at the same time. Smash will be streamed a lot more than last time. At least 100% more aka twice as much. I don't wanna go into full details cause it may be announced later.

Dual Stream Power!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom