• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

= Apex 2012 Official Melee Videos Thread! =

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Are all the matches listed going to be uploaded or is this it?
No, I'm still updating it as links get posted. Might be hard to notice since there are so many links (good job, everybody!)

Notable sets that were definitely recorded, but haven't been uploaded yet:
Mew2King/Armada vs PP/LoZR
Stabbed vs Bladewise
S2J vs Bladewise
ChuDat vs Bladewise
Javi vs Lovage (losers bracket)
Javi vs VaNz
KirbyKaze vs Hungrybox (winners bracket)

Notable sets that were not recorded:
Sol vs Ice
Mango vs Tope
Mango vs Lovage
Javi vs Redd
Javi vs Weon-X

We did the best we could, but the TOs had to work with a ridiculous schedule/deadlines so not everything could be sent to a recording setup. Still, over half of the bracket sets were recorded (almost two thirds if you exclude 1st Rd Losers) pretty damn good!

HUGE props to Eclipsing Binary, a complete beast who recorded camera footage of sets that weren't sent to recording setups, often having to hold the camera for dozens of minutes at a time. Every Melee national needs someone like this!

DWiens421

Smash Cadet
it's not tho =/ after apex many people switched their minds so the community is just split up now. Most locals around here ban him (west coast/japan/europe are mk-legal tho but i don't live there) so i get no tourneys, but most big nationals except a few majority are keeping him legal. Overall it's a pretty split brawl community now, but yeah, i think i sucked rly hard at apex compared to usual and im kinda sad about it
I am, and always have been, a really big fan of your Fox. I think it's one of the best out there even though you rarely use it. Have you considered about bringing it back as a main instead of just a secondary you use in matches against Peach/Jigglypuff/Ice Climbers?

DWiens421

Smash Cadet
No, I'm still updating it as links get posted. Might be hard to notice since there are so many links (good job, everybody!)

Mew2King/Armada vs PP/LoZR
Stabbed vs Bladewise
S2J vs Bladewise
ChuDat vs Bladewise
Javi vs Lovage (losers bracket)
Javi vs VaNz

Sol vs Ice
Mango vs Tope
Mango vs Lovage
Javi vs Redd
Javi vs Weon-X

We did the best we could, but the TOs had to work with a ridiculous schedule/deadlines so not everything could be sent to a recording setup. Still, over half of the bracket sets were recorded (almost two thirds if you exclude 1st Rd Losers) pretty damn good!

HUGE props to Eclipsing Binary, a complete beast who recorded camera footage of sets that weren't sent to recording setups, often having to hold the camera for dozens of minutes at a time. Every Melee national needs someone like this!
Can you post in here telling us what updates you made to the initial post when you find new videos to upload? My memory is not the best at remembering each and every match I've watched when new ones are still rolling in.

idk who to use vs anyone anymore
Keep your head up. I know it must be frustrating to have so many people against you in the community, but you still have a bunch of fans who remember how you used to play, and believe you can still do it.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord

Mango vs Tope
pretty sure this was recorded

edit: i can't find the link atm... but i know one game was falco/sheik dl64 and i remember it was on a recording setup....

edit edit: nvm i cant find it. i know i deleted what i caught of it too lol. i had a bit of it on camcorder, but someone said the laptop next to it was already recording... >_>

edit^3 (last one i promise lol):

Mango vs Tope
Javi vs Weon-X
-kk hbox will be uploaded after a few hours...
-i found one game of mango tope i think it's game 1. the game i deleted was probably g2 cuz the camera wouldn't focus properly cuz ppl bumped into me (the camcorder was dead at this time of the day lol). i didn't bother trying to recapture g2 at that point cuz someone had told me it was on a recording setup (and i personally saw it recording too =\)
-i have g2 of javi weonx but i panned away (in the middle of the game, but went back to it after) after i found out his translator, i think it was, was recording those games too but i don't know if he'll be uploading them cuz it doesn't seem like he has been

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
-kk hbox will be uploaded after a few hours...
-i found one game of mango tope i think it's game 1. the game i deleted was probably g2 cuz the camera wouldn't focus properly cuz ppl bumped into me (the camcorder was dead at this time of the day lol). i didn't bother trying to recapture g2 at that point cuz someone had told me it was on a recording setup (and i personally saw it recording too =\)
-i have g2 of javi weonx but i panned away (in the middle of the game, but went back to it after) after i found out his translator, i think it was, was recording those games too but i don't know if he'll be uploading them cuz it doesn't seem like he has been
Ah, very nice. Keep us posted.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
plz main marth!!!!!!! He is/was your best character!!!!

I know you can win tourneys again and marth is going to be the character that will get you there
I would love to see marth beating falco at the highest level but for now I'm practicing falco since I just feel at a disadvantage against falco sheik and fox with marth. Someone bring my hopes back for using marth again its nice going in and poking instead of lasering like a ****er who never runs out of bullets/lasers/things that make me need to power shield better.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Heh, I didn't know I had any bracket matches.

But I have

Mango vs Tope
StriCNYN3 vs Unknown522
Possibly Hax vs Jman

possibly a few more, but looks like friendlies.

Shall upload soon

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yes! Javi vs lovage were the best fox dittos I saw at all of apex. Prob the best I've seen period.

LLDL

Smash Hero
All of Javi's performance at apex is recorded besides weon-x and redd, and I THINK that his translator may have those matches but just hasn't uploaded yet.

Keep tabs on this http://www.youtube.com/user/hugorhbpd

Not to put more shine on his videos than any other OOC of course. I just think it's important for the Mexico scene to get a lot more recognition, they have great videos that not a lot of us watch.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Did any of these two tournament sets get recorded? Both sets were on the same TV, but I don't know if there was a recording setup or someone was randomly recording with their camera.

Me/Alukard vs. Alan/Shroomed and Me/Alukard vs. PC Chris/OTG

idea

Smash Master
hey, uh...haven't read the rest of this thread, but did anyone record me vs. m2k in R2 pools? that pool was on the streaming setup so i assumed someone would have it. kinda wanna watch that :awesome:

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
im curious if any more vids will be uploaded, or if thats it? either way post ast the end of this thread if you are adding a video!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There is no "end of the thread" as long as videos keep getting uploaded. Hell, I was still updating the *Pound 4* videos thread with new links several months into 2010. I'll do the same here if necessary!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not yet. I'll post them when I have lol. Been super busy with college this semester -_-

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
lol are you "smashspencer" on youtube?

i was wondering who would make a comment that stupid. glad to hear it wasn't a well known/respected player
Not sure how the comment is stupid. Explain if you will. PM me though. Don't bog down the thread.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
it's stupid because you are calling unknown out like he did something incredibly wrong or negative, when it is 100% his choice and im sure he was still happy with it. i can respect unknown alot for giving himself that rule, even if i would never do it.

he clearly wants a fair fight, he's not that desperate for the W obviously.

just comes off like you are personally being cheated out of something lol

Top Bottom