• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Anything Can Change! - The Chrom Social Thread (Now with a Proper Victory Theme!)

What should we call Chrom's infamous zero-to-death Soaring Slash suicide string?

• Total voters

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’d especially like to thank the gentleman or lady in charge of the title. Those puns, they keep you going.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Today is a wonderful day. Chrom, my favorite Fire Emblem character, is playable in Smash at long last.

I'm just so happy. :')

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Stop grinning, you shameless fools! ...You want to make me smile, too?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Did you guys notice he's got some moves from Ike and Marth, and some stuff seemed new too??
I saw stuff taken from Roy too.

This is like a dream copy of an echo, not just a copy of 1 character :O

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Did you guys notice he's got some moves from Ike and Marth, and some stuff seemed new too??
I saw stuff taken from Roy too.

This is like a dream copy of an echo, not just a copy of 1 character :O
How do you distinguish what is from Roy and what is from Marth?

But still, why does he get this treatment? I like Chrom, don't get me wrong, but he makes Lucina's cloniness stick out even more.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739

But still, why does he get this treatment? I like Chrom, don't get me wrong, but he makes Lucina's cloniness stick out even more.
A bit strange to say the least, even Dark Samus and Richter didn't get that love. At least Lucina isn't as cloned as Dark Pit though, haha.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
He got his chance after all....

Chromgratulations you guys!

Guess this means Robin’s Final Smash will changed, I’ll admit I kinda wanted Chrom myself during the early WiiU/3DS and got disappointed when he got panned but now he’s here in a bittersweet fashion!

...Does this mean Marth has three Echos now?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

He's got Roy's jab which is that one hit upwards. That's the one I can tell most easily. you can see it in the trailer. (at 6 seconds)

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
A bit strange to say the least, even Dark Samus and Richter didn't get that love. At least Lucina isn't as cloned as Dark Pit though, haha.
Doesn't take much though at least he has a mildly different move or two, and Dark Samus at least has extensive animation differences.

He's got Roy's jab which is that one hit upwards. That's the one I can tell most easily. you can see it in the trailer. (at 6 seconds)

Maybe because he's a Roy echo?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Doesn't take much though at least he has a mildly different move or two, and Dark Samus at least has extensive animation differences.

Maybe because he's a Roy echo?
He seems to have some moves from marth, and his up-b is like Ike's

You might be right that it's mostly a Roy clone?, or they just really made him mixed.. it's hard to tell right off the bat

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Chrom finally got his chance! Now I can bring my Fem!Robin/Chrom ship to Smash! Brawling for all the family! So hyped to see him in!

Arthur97

Smash Master
He seems to have more moves from marth, and his up-b is like Ike's

I feel like it's more of a marth clone, or they just really made him mixed.. it's hard to tell right off the bat
He's literally listed as a Roy echo. Even his up smash is multihit despite making no sense. Aether is a bit of an anomaly, and it's unknown if Roy and repeatedly turn while charging Flare Blade (he can reverse it, but Chrom was turning repeatedly).

Also, anyone else like that FE actually has an item now?

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
So Chrom echoes Roy, which makes him a clone of a clone. Certainly an interesting development.

Still, glad to see him in, now it feels like all the major FE faces are covered. Maybe he'll have another FE ally to join him in the future.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Congrats guys, you suffered probably the biggest blow with Smash 4 considering how cruely they disconfirmed him, so it's good to see that it ended on a positive note.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Though I honestly would rather have had him as an Ike Echo, it does make sense to make Chrom a Roy Echo. In the end, we needed a replica of Roy whose power was evened along the blade, and I always felt Chrom or Alm fit that role perfectly.

Good to see him in the game. I wonder what Robin's Final Smash will be now.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Quite impressed he's a Roy-echo, BTW. I can now switch to him no problem.

Some also have implied he might be Lucina-esque take on Roy, being basically sweetspot-less version of him with unique Up B and FS.

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
OMG It finally happened, I'm so happy. I've been supporting Chrom for 4 years and never lost hope

My most wanted character in Smash 4 arrive 4 years later. He's totally gonna be one of my mains

Sakurai has listened to all of us, our dream has come true!!!

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
If Chrom is Roy without sourspots, he's essentially Roy without his biggest flaw, aside from maybe recovery (which, based on the height his Aether traveled, I'm guessing won't be the greatest either). Guys...Chrom could be...dare I say viable?

Laniv

Smash Champion
As a K. Rool supporter, I'm just stopping in to offer my congratulations!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ok,
He's literally listed as a Roy echo. Even his up smash is multihit despite making no sense. Aether is a bit of an anomaly, and it's unknown if Roy and repeatedly turn while charging Flare Blade (he can reverse it, but Chrom was turning repeatedly).

Also, anyone else like that FE actually has an item now?
Ok, I might've jumped the gun with this one. It really looked more mixed, but I might be wrong.

Arthur97

Smash Master
So, question for the Chrom fans, will you all be giving the echos their own slots? I probably will.

Teeb147 Teeb147 Yeah, I thought so too to start, but closer inspection shows mostly Roy.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Congrats to all you ppl who enjoy the blander things in life~ ;D
Especially you, Opossum Opossum . Today goes to the anti. :laugh:

While I might not have supported him, I did, while grumbling thoroughly, anticipate him. I put direct clones (even though he's an amalgam, yes?) + popularity focus + past planning together, and it fit. I just never dared express that, because then it became real, haha. Here's my only proof:
Screen-Shot-2018-08-08-at-7.56.10-AM.png

Also nailed the Shovel Knight part. :awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The one thing I will say is that Roy's Jab is kinda awkward on Chrom. I'm VERY happy he uses his own Aether animation for the Final Smash though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't say I expected Chrom to be a Roy clone.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Chromgratulations, Chrom. Your time has finally Chrom. A bit weird that he’s Roy’s Echo Fighter instead of Ike’s but I’ll take it. Time for some sweet revenge on Cpt. Falcon and Palutena.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
GUYS IT HAPPENED! Been waiting for years and it actually happened! I can't believe it! It has been a WILD ride, especially for the people that were here in the Smash 4 days. We stuck together and thanks to the support and votes, he's in!
ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!

Top Bottom