• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Anything Can Change! - The Chrom Social Thread (Now with a Proper Victory Theme!)

What should we call Chrom's infamous zero-to-death Soaring Slash suicide string?

• Total voters

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Chromgratulations Chrom fans. Though now that he's in, I'm wondering who's gonna take his place in Pair Up.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
After the **** he went through in Smash 4 you’d better believe that it was no better time then now to get his chance.

Really happy for us!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Good to see him in. He was on my list for Smash 4 though I hadn't given him much thought this time around I'm still glad to see him.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm pretty glad to see it panned out alright this time - I really hated the Memetic Loser-period he was put through about up until Fire Emblem Warriors came along.

Also Opossum Opossum , I wonder if this old lady can ask to be on the supporter list, BTW.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So happy for you guys! There was no better time for Chrom to get his day than this!

Goddamn, WHAT A DAY!

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I'm pretty glad to see it panned out alright this time - I really hated the Memetic Loser-period he was put through about up until Fire Emblem Warriors came along.

Also Opossum Opossum , I wonder if this old lady can ask to be on the supporter list, BTW.

No need for a supporter list anymore hahaha! We won!

Burigu

Smash Ace
I am a huge FE fan going back to the GBA era, I didn't voice my support for Chrom because I though he was a bit unlikely, but here he is, the character that got me hyped during this direct, Congratulations, and remember there is nothing like "to many Fire Emblem characters"

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Going over the possible fighters for this direct, I was neutral on Simon, liked but didn't love K. Rool but was really hoping for either Ashley or Elma. Seeing Ashley get Assist Trophied stung, but it was more than made up for with Chrom! Feels good to see him finally get his chance!
Same, tbh. Chrom was my most wanted character for 3DS / Wii U, but after Robin and Lucina were confirmed, I made my peace with him not getting in, and was just happy to have any characters from Awakening at all. (I was still hyped about Robin and Lucina, NGL.) When "Echo Fighters" were announced for Ultimate and speculation started, it gave me a glimmer of hope that Chrom would actually get his chance this time around. Lo and behold, here he is! He's definitely going to be my new main!

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Been going through a lot emotionally today, both because of the Direct and personal stuff, so I wasn't able to get here until now. I honestly am at a loss, I don't know what to say other than we did it! And I do mean 'we,' hearing Sakurai say that Chrom was highly requested warmed my heart, the love and support we've shown for our dorky blueberry over the last few years didn't go to waste.

The only problem is that he also revealed Richter, Dark Samus and K. Rool. I'm going to end up maining the random button if this keeps up.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Chrom getting the respect he deserves at long last. A mix of Ike and Roy is pretty good in terms of repping him, I'd like a bit of horizontal movement on his up B but hey, he's in and that's what matters more.
And more work for my man, Matt Mercer. Bloody amazing guy.
Can't wait to mod in Matt's DM voice clips and make Chrom look like a DM whenever that may be

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Me: Hey Daddy Sakurai, thanks for giving me Marth back. He's great.
Sakurai: No problem.
Sakurai: Here's Lucina, a Marth clone
Me: HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I CAN'T ASK FOR MORE! THANK YOU!
Sakurai: No problem.
Sakurai: Here's the boi Roy back
Me: PRAISE THE SUN AND PRAISE THE NAME SAKURAI! I KISS THE FLOOR WHERE HE WALKETH!!!
Sakurai: Glad you are happy and enjoy it.
Sakurai: Chrom is a Roy clone with Ike's up B and down Smash
Me: I AM NOW SO HYPED I HAVE BECOME A NUCLEAR DEVICE! PLEASE STOP BEFORE I EXPLODE
Sakurai: Toon Link/Marth hybrid clone
*End of life as we know it*

(I am a huge fan of Marth clones btw because I love Marth's design in Smash. Absolutely thrilled with this Echo Fighter addition! He looks SO SMOOTH!)

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
Congrats to Chrom fans. We and the Roy fans were rivals during the pre-Smash 4 days. I did not like the arrogance of Chrom supporters, but even I thought it was cruel how Chrom was treated (through the Robin trailer and Palutena's guidance).

Well, thanks to our boy, Chrom got to have his chance another day. Congrats. Dark Samus, Chrom, and K. Rool all did incredibly things today. Dark Samus and K. Rool made their last appearance in their own series 11 years ago, and Chrom is from a FE game now three games behind (behind Fates, Shadows of Valentia, and now Three Houses). Anything can truly change!

Also, I have been looking at Chrom's screenshots, and noticed how his sword is red towards the the base of the sword:

I wonder what that means.
That's just an effect added to the side B. Marth, Roy and Lucina have the same, with different colors for each direction.

(**** quality, best I could find)

What's more interesting is the slashing effect.

Looking at standard moves, the slashing effects of Marth's sword glows brighter in the tip. Lucina's effect though, is completely even.

Roy sword slashes glow brighter near the hilt. Chrom's slashes? Completely even.

So this guy is basically Roy's Lucina, but with Ike's up+B.

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
That's just an effect added to the side B. Marth, Roy and Lucina have the same, with different colors for each direction.

Looking at standard moves, the slashing effects of Marth's sword glows brighter in the tip. Lucina's effect though, is completely even.

Roy sword slashes glow brighter near the hilt. Chrom's slashes? Completely even.

I just hope he doesn't inherit too many of our boy's physics (though he likely will) because Roy's air game is...really really bad...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

I am not sure. For Chrom's video, at :15, his sword glows blue near the hilt.

https://youtu.be/733o521fbdE?t=14s

We shall see what Sakurai says.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Today is a wonderful day. Chrom, my favorite Fire Emblem character, is playable in Smash at long last.

I'm just so happy. :')
I immediately thought of you as soon as I saw him.

I'm *so* glad we all have something to celebrate on this amazing day!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If he's an Echo, I'd say he has a decent shot.

Honestly the prospect of a playable Chrom is almost more exciting to me than any of the realistic newcomers. :estatic:
Who has two thumbs and is very happy right now? :estatic:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
You know...now that I think about it, they haven't really talked about anybody but Inkling and Simon so far. Sure, Ridley was in the demo anyway so it doesn't matter, but they've been oddly tight lipped about echoes don't you think? We know even less about Daisy than we do Chrom, who is probably the least mysterious echo fighter so far. Why are Richter's flames blue? What does Daisy even do? Does Chrom inherit Roy's god awful offstage capabilities? Is there even a reason to play normal Samus anymore considering how much cooler her edgy counterpart is?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Chrom got his day...and embarrassed himself in front of Lucina...oof

Anywho, now he can get revenge of Palutena/Viridi while teaming up with Robin(s) and Lucina in fights

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
I may be late to the party but I’m so glad Chrom is playable now! He deserves it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I mean the effect of the slash, not the sword itself.

Compare to the effects in Roy's attacks, which are brighter in the spot closest to him while getting more transparent outwards.

I see. Hopefully, Sakurai properly balances the two (and gives Roy some much needed buffs). However, considering Roy has always been screwed in terms of balance (aside from Project M), I am not holding my breath. I would like to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It feels like a dream come true to see my favorite FE lord, my second most wanted character for Smash Bros in the Smash 4 days finally getting the playable spotlight after his brutal deconfirmation in Robin's trailer back then. I'm really glad that he's in the the game! No doubt he will be main material for me alongside Greninja!

Congrats, fellow Chrom supporters! Our man is finally in Smash!

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Chromgratulations Chrom fans. Though now that he's in, I'm wondering who's gonna take his place in Pair Up.
That is, IF Robin keeps Pair Up at all. The most realistic choices for a new Pair Up partner would be: Morgan (easiest to make), Tharja (the only one mad enough to attempt to stalk him across dimensions), Lissa or Frederick (2 of his earliest allies).
There’s also the possibility of a Grima summon to blast away the competition.

Anyway, I hope Chrom doesn’t fall like a rock like Roy does.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Chrom has waited 4 years...
762B33E7-1059-4D0E-8820-13BC9E60EE46.gif
0D35584D-E596-48DF-80DD-82E7D901DFDB.jpeg
FAB41CA0-BD11-4510-AA9D-E9B61225BBA1.jpeg
...4 long years to finally have his revenge against those who did him wrong (to all but the Cinnamon Roll Pit and Lucina...and Robins)

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
By far my preferred of the 3 protagonists from Awakening, it’s nice to see him here, he finally got his chance, and Chromgratulations to all supporters!

I kinda wanted Alm as an Echo, but i’m not complaining.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I can't believe the day in which I might actually be a Chrom main is here. I loved Roy in 4, but never liked his reverse tipper thing.
If Shulk doesn't get buffed, I might actually be a "Chrom main."

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That is, IF Robin keeps Pair Up at all. The most realistic choices for a new Pair Up partner would be: Morgan (easiest to make), Tharja (the only one mad enough to attempt to stalk him across dimensions), Lissa or Frederick (2 of his earliest allies).
There’s also the possibility of a Grima summon to blast away the competition.

Anyway, I hope Chrom doesn’t fall like a rock like Roy does.
Double Robins or Robin and Sumia/Cordelia would work aswell...or Anna

Gildiss

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9270-5127
It's wonderful that Chrom made it to smash, I hope he has his revenge against Palutena and Viridi.

NintenJen

Smash Cadet
NNID
DictatorChoco
So Chrom got his chance after all! Welcome aboard Chrom, now you can fight with your wife Robin and daughter Lucina. ;)

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
All 3 protagonists of Awakening are in Super Smash Bros.

I didn't support Chrom before Robin was announced for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, but after seeing how he was treated I could not help but feel sorry for him. Glad he finally got his chance!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
It's really nice to see Chrom here. My friend was really hoping for him, so I'm glad he made it. It's also cool to to see one of the Gematsu characters. If only we could get the last one...

Top Bottom