• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Anything Can Change! - The Chrom Social Thread (Now with a Proper Victory Theme!)

What should we call Chrom's infamous zero-to-death Soaring Slash suicide string?

• Total voters

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Welcome, loyal Shepherds, to the Barracks. Leave all bladed weaponry, tomes, and bows at the door and join me at the table, for there is much to discuss. Specifically, we will be discussing Chrom, the Exalted Prince of Ylisse, and his potential entrance into the realm of Smash.

Didn't Sakurai say...
...Yes, we're all well aware. No one here should be saying Chrom has the best odds in the world considering the nature of his home franchise, as well as what happened in Smash last time.

That being said, this will be a place to discuss Chrom's potential in Smash, regardless. And who knows, though unlikely, maybe things will change. After all, anything can change.

What could Chrom offer in Smash?

As an example, here is my latest updated moveset for Chrom. Many of the moves are taken straight from Fire Emblem Awakening, Smash, Project X Zone 2, and what little we've seen of Fire Emblem Warriors, in an attempt to give him an authentic, yet unique, moveset.

Introduction: Setting the Exalt Apart

It's no secret at this point that Sakurai reached a bit of a snag when it came to adding Chrom to the roster. Sakurai had, indeed, initially planned on adding him into the game, and even devised a moveset for him. However, at the end of the day he wasn't satisfied. Nothing made Chrom stand out. In Sakurai's own words, he didn't "dance" the way Robin did. But...what if it didn't need to be that way? What if Chrom could be made to be unique, without forcing him into a role that doesn't canonically suit him? What if he actually could dance? If I could design him for Smash, Chrom would fill the niche of a weapon-switching rush down character.

Playstyle Description: Promoting from Great Lord to Smash Lord

In Fire Emblem Awakening, Chrom is of the Lord class. However, if he is at least level ten and has a Master Seal, he can promote to the Great Lord class, which over all has much higher stats. While the standard Lord class can only wield swords, a Great Lord can utilize both swords and lances. Chrom would follow suit in Smash, using both his Exalted Falchion and a Blessed Lance. Each weapon would have different uses in combat.

Smash Feasibility: Technically Possible?

Some may question whether or not this approach would constitute Chrom being technically feasible, and often times point to Zelda/Sheik's and Samus/Zero Suit Samus's separation, as well as Pokémon Trainer's removal. Simply put, this wouldn't apply to Chrom.

Yes, Chrom would have access to different moves when using the Exalted Falchion or Blessed Lance, but his model, voice clips, certain animations, and personal stats like weight and jump height would remain the same. A few altered damage outputs, hit box sizes, and attack animations changing isn't comparable to swapping out entire characters like Pokémon Trainer.

The only model switching out would be his weapon, and similar things already happen with the likes of Robin, Bowser Jr., and Pac-Man without any issues at all, while Ryu also has many additional attacks in his moveset without causing problems. From this, I think it's entirely possible that this playstyle idea is feasible from a technical standpoint.

Moveset Canonicity: Is It a Stretch?

Some may understandably question whether or not this type of moveset is representative of Chrom as a character, instead of unique for the sake of being unique. Some may wonder whether or not it is forced onto him. I believe this type of moveset is not at all forced, and instead completely within the scope of his canonical character.

First, let's go over the usage of lances in his moveset. Some may feel that using weapons that aren't usable in Chrom's default Lord class would lose his moveset authenticity. In a way, I understand this claim. It's for this reason that this moveset doesn't utilize Bow or Axe or Tome attacks, despite Chrom having access to the Archer, Cavalier, and Dread Fighter class lines.

Chrom using lances from his Great Lord class, though, is a different and much more suitable case, as the Great Lord class is the standard promotion for Lords, as opposed to a reclassing option. Additionally, some may not see Chrom using the Exalted Falchion when all promotional material shows Chrom using the normal Falchion. Sakurai has been on record saying that he likes having the Fire Emblem characters have the ultimate version of their weapons, as noted with Ragnell, the Binding Blade, and Omega Yato. Likewise, then, the Exalted Falchion and lance access wouldn't be a stretch for Chrom to use.

Furthermore, having Chrom have a weapon switching mechanic is also true to Awakening. In the game, Chrom is the only character with full access to the Convoy at all times, allowing him to seamlessly alter his inventory at a moment's notice. As well, different weapon types are a cornerstone of the Fire Emblem series' identity as a strategy and tactics franchise. Showcasing this in Smash Bros. through Chrom's weapon choice dictating his playstyle would be yet another added bonus and make Chrom more than just another ordinary swordsman.

The Moveset: "We're Not Done Yet!"

Specials:

Down Special: With this, Chrom would switch between the Exalted Falchion and the Blessed Lance using his Down Special, Convoy. In general, the Falchion provides more power while the Blessed Lance provides more reach.

Up Special: His Up Special would be Sol. Chrom can't get Sol as a skill in Awakening through normal means, but this was creative license, since Aether is just Sol+Luna and I didn't want more inevitable Ike comparisons. Plus he gets it in Heroes. Here, Chrom would leap up, and at the apex can do one of two things. He can hit left or right, making him do a somersault maneuver (like the Mii Swordfighter's Airborn Assault special) while crash toward the ground, like in the Two Falchions cutscene, or he can plummet straight down by pressing down, sending his sword into the ground (from yet another Awakening cutscene). The former does more damage with the Falchion, while the latter does more damage with the Blessed Lance.

Side Special: Chrom's Side Special would be Luna. Chrom will take out a Spear and aim. Think of the Cracker Launcher in Brawl. You can aim the move and walk at the same time, but releasing the button tosses the spear. This does more damage if the Blessed Lance is equipped beforehand.

Neutral Special: Chrom's Neutral Special is Rightful King. One big part of Awakening's final act is having Chrom be blessed by Naga's flames and having the Falchion exalted. This would be incorporated into Chrom's moveset by him holding his weapon skyward. He is surrounded by white flames from Naga that build as the move is charged. However, the flames don't cause knockback, only damage, so foes can walk right up to Chrom and hit him out of it if he's not careful. That being said, if Chrom completes this move, the area around him gets doused with Naga's holy fire, causing major damage. Additionally, if Chrom is equipped with the Exalted Falchion and hits the opponent with a fully charged move, he gets a bit of health healed. The sweet spot is right above Chrom, where he's holding his blade.

Finally his Final Smash is the Shepherds' Assault. Here, Frederick arrives on the stage and rides a horse around the stage, striking foes with a Silver Axe for heavy damage. All the while, Chrom can still move about and attack with increased defenses, all thanks to a guard boost from Frederick.

Normals:

Jab: (Sword) A three strike move in which Chrom holds the Falchion in two hands. Strike from left, strike from right, overhead strike.
Jab: (Lance) A two strike move involving two pokes and a lunge.

Dash Attack: (Both) Chrom performs a shoulder bash.

Side Tilt: (Sword) Chrom does a wide sideways slash. Similar to and slightly slower than Marth's, but more powerful.
Side Tilt: (Lance) Chrom juts out the Blessed Lance and twirls it for a three hit attack.

Up Tilt: (Sword) Chrom performs an upwards slice in a way similar to Little Mac's upward angled side smash. It has two points of damage, making it a swift, two hit attack. The animation is taken from Awakening.
Up Tilt: (Lance) Chrom twirls the Blessed Lance above him like a helicopter.

Down Tilt: (Sword) Chrom ducks down and does a chopping motion with the Falchion.
Down Tilt: (Lance) Chrom pokes the Blessed Lance forward, almost like a billiard cue.

Aerials:

Neutral Air: (Sword) Chrom takes on the pose of his Awakening box art and lunges his sword forward.
Neutral Air: (Lance) Chrom extends his lance at a downward angle similar to Corrin's Dragon Lunge.

Forward Air: (Sword) Chrom performs a quick midair somersault with his blade extended. May meteor smash if it hits at the beginning.
Forward Air: (Lance) Chrom extends his Blessed Lance forward.

Back Air: (Both) Chrom flips around and swiftly kicks the foes twice.

Up Air: (Sword) Chrom swings his Falchion twice above him in an arc.
Up Air: (Lance) Chrom twirls the lance tall-ways above him.

Down Air: (Sword) Chrom slams the Falchion down beneath him, causing him to fall toward the stage before reaching the point of impact on the ground.
Down Air: (Lance) Chrom holds the lance facing downward as a burst of light emits from the blade.

Smashes:

Up Smash: (Both) Chrom bashes the Fire Emblem skyward as it erupts with heavenly light.

Side Smash: (Sword) Chrom leaps forward and slams his sword from overhead onto the ground. This is Chrom's best kill move and is taken from his critical hit animation.
Side Smash: (Lance) Chrom thrusts the Blessed Lance forward. If it connects, another hit occurs as the blade erupts with Naga's holy light.

Down Smash: (Sword) Chrom slams his sword in front of him while taking a knee, planting it firmly into the ground. Like a few other down smashes, this only hits one side.
Down Smash: (Lance) Chrom ducks down and swings the lance across the floor, hitting both sides in a more traditional down smash.

Grabs:

Pummel: Chrom sheathes his blade and punches the opponent.

Forward Throw: Chrom tosses the foe forward.
Back Throw: Chrom throws the foe over his shoulder in a judo-styled maneuver.
Up Throw: Chrom lobs the opponent skyward.
Down Throw: Chrom slams his enemy downward and impales them with either the Exalted Falchion or the Blessed Lance.

Extras:

Taunts:

Down Taunt: Chrom twirls his Falchion or Lance before planting it into the ground, taken directly from his victory animations in Awakening, all while saying "Well fought."

Up Taunt: Chrom lifts his current weapon skyward while saying "I will not falter."

Side Taunt: Chrom takes his trademark pose from his official art and shouts "Anything can change!"

Entrance Animation: Chrom appears from a Warp spell and draws his weapon.

Victory Poses:

Victory Pose 1: Chrom takes Falchion out of the ground and announces "For the Halidom of Ylisse!"
Victory Pose 2: Frederick rides in on horseback as Chrom's cape billows in the wind. Chrom states "It appears our training has paid off."
Victory Pose 3: Chrom does two wide slashes with the Exalted Falchion before sheathing it. During this, he says "Our bonds are stronger than any destiny."

Special Victory Quotes (Victory Pose 3) :

VS. Lucina: "You're skilled, but there are still a few things I can teach you."
VS. Robin: "You tactics can only get you so far, friend."
VS. Marth: "It's been an honor, great Hero King."

But Why Chrom?

Despite Sakurai's dismissal of Chrom due to not standing out in a fight, Chrom honestly has a fairly impressive résumé.

Chrom is incredibly popular as a Fire Emblem character and as a Smash candidate.

Within the Fire Emblem fanbase, Chrom is notably popular. If proof is needed, look at the Fire Emblem Heroes ballot. Among male characters, Chrom ranked fourth, only behind Ike, Roy, and Hector. Of those, only Hector is not yet in Smash. Given how many characters Fire Emblem has, the fact that Chrom ranked that well is an impressive feat.

For Smash, Sakurai even noted Chrom's popularity when discussing Robin's placement on the roster. As well, he was given a DLC Mii costume and sparked a lot of discussion once he was deconfirmed.

Chrom may as well be the face of modern Fire Emblem.

He arguably shares this title with Lucina, but the point still stands. Chrom is the main character of Fire Emblem Awakening, the game that revitalized and singlehandedly saved the previously-dying franchise. Chrom (alongside Lucina) appeared as a duo of Nintendo guest characters in Project X Zone 2, a crossover featuring Bandai-Namco, Capcom, and Sega characters. Chrom made an appearance in Fire Emblem Fates during a special DLC map that takes place prior to the events of Awakening. Chrom was featured quite heavily in the trailer for Fire Emblem Heroes. Chrom was also the first confirmed character, and seemingly one of the more important characters, of the upcoming Fire Emblem Warriors.

Essentially, the only things Chrom truly missed out on were Smash and things that required an amiibo, like Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. or Super Mario Maker. And considering that Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina only received amiibo because of Smash, I'd say Smash itself was the only relevant thing that Chrom was missing out on.

What could potentially change Sakurai's mind?

There are a few things that could potentially change Sakurai's mind when it comes to Chrom in Smash, but it's very much dependent on several factors.

The Switch receives a brand new Smash, and not just a port of Smash for Wii U.

Chrom has little to no chance of getting into a port, in my opinion. Simply put, I don't see Sakurai altering Robin's moveset for what should be another version of an existing game.

A direct sequel to Awakening happens that stars Chrom.

Sequels aren't unheard of in Fire Emblem, with New Mystery of the Emblem and Radiant Dawn being notable examples (seeing as Marth and Ike are in Smash). Considering how important Awakening is to the franchise as a whole, I could see this happening in the future. But keep in mind...

Chrom is featured in a way that brings something truly unique to the table.

...If an Awakening sequel happened and Chrom starred in it, he'd need to have some form of unique attribute to him. Perhaps he could use a lance in addition to his Falchion from the start? Perhaps he could have a new flashy unique move?

Chrom keeps making regular appearances.

At the very least, Chrom should do this. Given the nature of Fire Emblem, relevance is incredibly important. If this happens...

Sakurai takes attack inspiration from third party titles.

This isn't unheard of, seeing as, for example, Super Mario RPG and Marvel vs Capcom have moves present in Smash. Project X Zone featured Chrom using a lance pretty heavily, while Fire Emblem Warriors could also bring some unique skills to the table.

All together, while he doesn't have great odds, Chrom does have a good amount to work with, as well as a legion of supporters. So with that, let's have another great discussion about the Exalted Prince. Chrom for Smash!

Supporters:

Opossum
Zebei
Yomi's Biggest Fan
Aussie the Shinobi
Erureido
Rider Gwen
Lord-Zero
Kirbeh
Cyro_
CardiganBoy
False Sense
Tord the Red Leader
GM_3826
L2 Sentinel
NSSKG151
Impa4Smash
SEGAGameBoy
Exalted Prince
smash puffle
Nintenzilla Reboot
Yarael-BJ-Poof
ThoughtfulWanderer
ShinyLegendary
Fell God
Captain Shades
Frizz
Red Dead Redeemed
Oblivion129

~ Valkyrie ~
Flik

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Anything can change.

I still want Chrom in Smash damn it.

Personally, I think being the face of FE warriors puts Chrom at a non-zero chance for smashing. And that is pretty cool. Just make sure he uses a spear or is paired up with lucina and I would be super happy.

. . .I really need to get to replaying awakening and actually getting past Chapter like . . .11
:061:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My favorite Fire Emblem lord still has my firmest support for Smash Bros. If Fire Emblem Warriors is anything to go by, he's becoming one of if not the main face of the newer Fire Emblem games, and contrary to what Viridi thinks, Chrom does have ways he can stand out from Marth and Ike by being a "middle weight" between the two characters with several new moves thrown into the mix. He could even use a lance to reference his Great Lord class.

He still has to overcome the hurdle of escaping Robin's Final Smash, but if he does, I'm all in to see him in Smash. Perhaps this time, he will be treated with the respect!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Keep fighting the good fight Chrom people. Actually it's not a great fight, but if you insist on fighting it, the more power to you.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
At the moment, the supporter list is fully updated!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If only we can get more Fire Emblem Warriors news.

I need more Chrom in my life.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Speaking of FEW, I wonder if they will make up characters like they did with Hyrule Warriors.

Whenever (hopefully summer) I get my Switch, Im getting FEW. (and DQHI.II)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Speaking of FEW, I wonder if they will make up characters like they did with Hyrule Warriors.

I wonder if they would do this too.

That's mostly depending if there will be an original story similar to Heroes instead of mashing all the continents and characters together.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord

Original characters are almost 100% confirmed since they would be what sticks this "story" together.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Original characters are almost 100% confirmed since they would be what sticks this "story" together.
Pretty much. Fire Emblem's ever-changing cast + precedent with Hyrule Warriors + justification for all Fire Emblem games getting content = OCs are practically a certainty.

Definitely looking forward to seeing Chrom's role in that game.

Well we can add axes to Chrom's moveset potential

And rabbits to his alt potential :p

EDIT2 reuploaded

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Well we can add axes to Chrom's moveset potential

And rabbits to his alt potential :p

EDIT2 reuploaded
Well if we want to get technical, some of his Awakening reclasses (Great Knight and Dread Fighter) can use Axes. This is more apparent though. :p

Now to change my avatar.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
The axe has carrots on it, glorious.

Also, we're getting fabulous Xander before the normal Xander...

I'll wait for Bikini Ninian and Surfer Eliwood in the summer event.

Last edited:

Cyro_

Smash Cadet
Oh man Chrom should of been in the game as a playable character day 1. Support.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm a reasonable woman, so I demand bunny Chrom as an alt
Seriously, why aren't we funding this?

It's too good to miss out on. Why don't we throw in his trunks for extra measure?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chrom (default)
Great Lord Chrom (promotion)
Spring/Bunny Chrom (Heroes)
Exalted King Chrom (from the Cipher card)
Risen King Chrom (Cipher card)
Mirage Chrom (TMS)
Swimsuit Chrom (Summer of Bonds)
Red Chrom (enemy unit)

There. :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Chrom (default)
Great Lord Chrom (promotion)
Spring/Bunny Chrom (Heroes)
Exalted King Chrom (from the Cipher card)
Risen King Chrom (Cipher card)
Mirage Chrom (TMS)
Swimsuit Chrom (Summer of Bonds)
Red Chrom (enemy unit)

There. :p
Beautiful, just what I want to see.

Too bad we will get s bunch of recolors in the end.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Beautiful, just what I want to see.

Too bad we will get s bunch of recolors in the end.
Realistically if Chrom were to get in, I'd only expect one full-on alt at best. In that case it'd probably be Great Lord.

But even then, each would get their default, red, and green swaps (the latter two of which would reference enemy and neutral units, respectively), making six costumes with an in-game basis. Then the last two would just be non-canon colors.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Probably an alt based on Spring Chrom's colors instead. Oh yeah, I pulled Spring Chrom yesterday!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Probably an alt based on Spring Chrom's colors instead. Oh yeah, I pulled Spring Chrom yesterday!
Congrats!

I still haven't even pulled regular Chrom yet, haha.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Regular Chrom still eludes me. Now I'm after Spring Xander and Spring Lucina.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Echidna Gods were kind today.

I finally pulled Chrom in Fire Emblem Heroes. :D

. . .Hello?

Anyone?

Did we all die from the hype of this?

"screw smash, i'll get my own spinoff to get an amiibo for!"

"Chrom doesnt even have an amiibo" is yet another point gone against him. shame there are still the ones that matter

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
. . .Hello?

Anyone?

Did we all die from the hype of this?

"screw smash, i'll get my own spinoff to get an amiibo for!"

"Chrom doesnt even have an amiibo" is yet another point gone against him. shame there are still the ones that matter
That's what happens when you don't let me double post. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's been in the works for a while now, but I've finally completed my new and improved fully fleshed out Chrom moveset! Make sure to check it out in the OP and tell me what you think. :D

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
This reminds me i need to finish Awakening, i don't really know that much about who are the best units, but my Chrom is pretty beastly, so i would like to see this guy kick some butt on Smash too, and i hope i don't get hate, but i would accept Chrom as an alternate character like Olimar/Alph, either way i support!

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
As long as he doesn't replace any of the other Fire Emblem characters, I'd be completely fine seeing him in.

Also, congrats on the amiibo! It felt really odd not having the Awakening trio complete.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Silly Nintendo, you are making me want to buy all of the Amiibo.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Personally, I've never disliked Chrom. If anything, I found him to be an impressive main character. Unlike the royals in most Fire Emblem games, whom have a more regal air, Chrom is more mercenary-like.

Despite actually expecting Chrom to be playable in Smash 4 (due to his role and popularity), at heart I wasn't supportive of him--because we already had a ton of sword users. That said, I was glad Robin was chosen instead for his magick tomes.

If Smash for Switch isn't a direct port, the only way I see Chrom getting added is if (1) Fire Emblem: Awakening gets a sequel, and (2) in the sequel Chrom attains a special weapon or ability that would give him a unique moveset in Smash. For instance, I thought of an idea: What if the two Falchions were fused together, giving Chrom a Darth Maul-like fighting style? That would enable Chrom to use the weapon not only as a double blade, but a spear as well. He could also throw it in a spinning motion.

Since it's semi related to Chrom, I was actually expecting Frederik and Lissa to appear in FE: Warriors--because of their close connection to Chrom. Not surprised Robin and Lucina are in.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally, I've never disliked Chrom. If anything, I found him to be an impressive main character. Unlike the royals in most Fire Emblem games, whom have a more regal air, Chrom is more mercenary-like.

Despite actually expecting Chrom to be playable in Smash 4 (due to his role and popularity), at heart I wasn't supportive of him--because we already had a ton of sword users. That said, I was glad Robin was chosen instead for his magick tomes.

If Smash for Switch isn't a direct port, the only way I see Chrom getting added is if (1) Fire Emblem: Awakening gets a sequel, and (2) in the sequel Chrom attains a special weapon or ability that would give him a unique moveset in Smash. For instance, I thought of an idea: What if the two Falchions were fused together, giving Chrom a Darth Maul-like fighting style? That would enable Chrom to use the weapon not only as a double blade, but a spear as well. He could also throw it in a spinning motion.

Since it's semi related to Chrom, I was actually expecting Frederik and Lissa to appear in FE: Warriors--because of their close connection to Chrom. Not surprised Robin and Lucina are in.
I agree that his best odds rely on an Awakening sequel happening with him as the star (since theoretically Lucina could star and, well, that'd bode ill for Chrom :p), and him having unique characteristics to set him apart.

On Warriors, yeah, I was actually surprised that Lissa and Frederick seemed to blindside some people. Early on I was iffy on Lissa for combat reasons, but once they said reclassing/promotion was in the game I had no doubt she'd be in. Granted, she's a War Cleric from the start with no promotion needed, but still. :p And Frederick was a no brainer, haha.

As for my predictions for the rest of the roster, well...mine kind of got thrown out of whack when they revealed the three games won't have the same roster sizes. :laugh: So I'm less confident on the number, but I'm fairly sure the newcomers will come from this list.
Shadow Dragon: Tiki, Caeda, Jagen, Merric, Camus, Draug, Minerva, Gharnef

I don't think we'll be getting all of these (I think them saying the games won't necessarily have equal numbers meant "Shadow Dragon will have less" sadly), but I definitely think we'll get Caeda and Tiki at the very least (especially because of Tiki's amiibo). Merric could get in due to his relative importance and unique wind magic with Excalibur. I have Draug on here only because they may opt for an armored unit from one of the three games, and they used him in TMS. Jagen and Camus? I think we'll get one, not both, since I don't think they'd double up on Paladin styled lancers. Minerva is important, but I feel she may get snubbed due to overlapping with Camilla (I doubt they'd have her use lances when she's so associated with Hautclere now). Gharnef is there for a villain.

Awakening: Tharja, Cordelia, Gaius, Virion, Gangrel

I don't think we'll get more than two of these, but I'm just covering all the bases. Tharja, Gaius, and Cordelia complete the Awakening popularity trio. Virion is decently important to Awakening's Valm arc, was playable in TMS, and was the first hero you summon in Heroes, so they promote him a bit. I'd say he'd be a shoo in if Takumi didn't make him somewhat redundant. It depends on whether they want two archers. Gangrel is there for a villain. Of these, I'm only truly confident in Tharja.

Fates: Azura, Takumi, Camilla, Leo, Hinoka, Elise, Sakura, Felicia, Odin, Selena, Laslow, Garon

Once again, I definitely don't think we'll get all of these. I'm just covering the bases. I am sure we'd get Azura, Takumi, and Camilla at the very least, and probably Leo too. The rest of the royals are there to cover the bases, Felicia is there for being popular and Corrin's retainer, the Awakening Trio is there due to their recurring nature, and Garon is for a villain slot.

DLC is another beast entirely, but I'd think we'd get at least three packs: Valentia, Elibe, and Tellius. Yeah, it's mostly because they have pre-existing amiibo they'd be compatible with, but also because there are some really popular characters there. Sadly I don't think Jugdral or Magvel will be represented if Heroes is any indication.

Just some thoughts.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I agree about Tiki's amiibo all but confirming her playability. Also, I'll be surprised if Anna isn't playable.

I have to also agree that we'll probably only get a few Shadow Dragon characters. The only ones I see making it in are Sheeda (sorry, old habits), and if not Jeigan, then Abel and Cain--since they've appeared in multiple titles and spinoffs. Merric and Cheine (or Xane) are also personal favourites of mine. Cheine's attacks could involve him morphing into many different units.

And yes, I'll be surprised if Tharja isn't included. Though, I personally want Henry and Panne. Panne would be unique because of her Beaststone, and Henry could not only use Dark Magic, but also command crows. Henry's actually mine favourite character in Awakening, personality-wise.

From Fates: Royals aside (because I think they're likely), mine personal wants are Felicia, Kaze, Oboro, Kaden, Orochi, Effie, Arthur, and Keaton. I chose these because they would be unique, in terms of playstyle. For instance, fox transformation aside, Kaden could use the leaf illusion ability, which renders him intangible when he's not attacking. Personally, I see Laslow and Selena just being more sword users.

Lastly, DLC is probably inevitable. If nothing else, for the money.

Last edited:
Top Bottom