• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone willing to practice?

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
'Yo, I've been noticing lately that I'm not improving much with the players I've been playing on AllisBrawl. Is it possible that someone decent/well-rehearsed with the FALCO match-up could practice with me semi-consistently? I want to get ready for a tournie I feel that I gotta do my best to improve. Hit me up with your skype or facebook if you're down.

(P.S, I'm sorry if I've come to the wrong place, but I'm only asking because I'm only able to play wifi since I'm from Indiana and I figured that I should ask here since I live in the midwest.)

Roller

Smash Legend
If some random guy from another state whom you have never met and assume to be a troll can discourage you from joining an entire community; then please do yourself, and all the rest of us a giant favor and follow through on quitting. Someone like that would not last long in the scene anyway.

fZk

Smash Lord
If some random guy from another state whom you have never met and assume to be a troll can discourage you from joining an entire community; then please do yourself, and all the rest of us a giant favor and follow through on quitting. Someone like that would not last long in the scene anyway.
Why do you have to be such an ******* all the time?

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
What.. the ****? You're a total prick. I heard that this community HELPS other players. I've been determined for a long time, it's just that it's been hard finding practice. You're probably the only **** in this community. I never asked for you to come here and troll me, that wasn't my intention. I'm 15, you're probably much older than me so do me a favor and grow the **** up.

I thought people were supposed to be encouraging , and I'm slowly starting to think the opposite.. Would anyone care to prove me wrong? :/

Roller

Smash Legend
We help those who want to be helped. The people who continually get dismayed with each bump in the road eventually piss off those who are trying to help them.

I don't care if you're 15 or 37, if you keep blowing a gasket every time you don't like what someone has to say, nobody is going to be able to put up with you for long. So I'd suggest you buck up, see the wisdom behind the caustic vernacular, take the constructive criticism, and calm down before you make yourself seem even more childish by making another tantrum post.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
did trollby do something wrong? im confused.

roller quit being a bully he did nothing wrong. naughty boy

trollby you can add people to your ignore list in the options somewhere. Their posts wont show up when your browse the threads. If certain people bother you, you should try that out ^_^

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Yea Roller what the **** man why do you gotta be a ****ing **** all the time jesus.

If you ask nicely maybe roller can help you out, he knows a thing or two about brawl, or thats what he tells me.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
...u play wifi?

:phone:
I play wifi because I live in the deadest area in the united states. There is NO activity around where I live so I rely on wifi. -.- I'm trying my best to find a way to get myself to offline tourneys/find at least semi-consistent practice on wifi. :\

We help those who want to be helped. The people who continually get dismayed with each bump in the road eventually piss off those who are trying to help them.

I don't care if you're 15 or 37, if you keep blowing a gasket every time you don't like what someone has to say, nobody is going to be able to put up with you for long. So I'd suggest you buck up, see the wisdom behind the caustic vernacular, take the constructive criticism, and calm down before you make yourself seem even more childish by making another tantrum post.
Man.. I DO want to be helped. Am I just supposed to take your "yes" as a joke or get pissed off because that is the ONLY response you are going to give me? Well of, COURSE I'm going to "blow a gasket" because if I asked you another question, I knew that your response would be the same and your intention was to make me look like a moron, not help me. I've dealt with this before and I'm real tired with putting up with the bull **** that people are giving me. I JUST WANT TO GET BETTER. It's as simple as that. I'm asking for help not for your stupid, repetitive remarks. I never did anything wrong, YOU provoked me, and you made it obvious that you want to provoke me. I'm 15, but I'm not an idiot. And if you thought I was a ****ing random, why didn't you do the same thing as about 95 percent of the other people who viewed this and ignore the thread?

did trollby do something wrong? im confused.

roller quit being a bully he did nothing wrong. naughty boy

trollby you can add people to your ignore list in the options somewhere. Their posts wont show up when your browse the threads. If certain people bother you, you should try that out ^_^
Thanks. :\ All I want to do is get some help, honestly.., but I'm not going to let people ridicule me anymore just 'cuz a random has a wanting to get better. .

Yea Roller what the **** man why do you gotta be a ****ing **** all the time jesus.

If you ask nicely maybe roller can help you out, he knows a thing or two about brawl, or thats what he tells me.
Yeah, not sure if that's an option anymore, he probably hates me because of my reaction.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Roller likes doing stuff like that. I've already asked you to look through the forums, find your state, and post there. Have you done that yet? I've already mentioned that.

"I heard that this community HELPS other players. "

and we do. I've tried helping you in one of your thread. We're not gonna drop what we're doing to help someone out. Roller is right and I am right. You are a stranger to the community so of course we're going to be on edge.

I'll say it again: Go to your region, find your state, introduce yourself, then start asking to people to play with.

That's all that's need to be said.

Roller

Smash Legend
It's not because he's a "stranger" it's because every time I see him post it's with a negative, "whelp, guess I'm ****ed." Worldview. He's repeatedly ignored posts in multiple threads offering him help, then gets pissed off because he's allegedly not receiving enough..

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
What's the driving age for Indiana? I recommend getting your license as early as possible. I dunno about the rest of the people in your state, but I know that I'm only an hour away from you by car, and I'd be open to practice if you could get here.

SoulPech

Smash Master
It's not because he's a "stranger" it's because every time I see him post it's with a negative, "whelp, guess I'm ****ed." Worldview. He's repeatedly ignored posts in multiple threads offering him help, then gets pissed off because he's allegedly not receiving enough..
well..that too, lol.

:phone:

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Roller likes doing stuff like that. I've already asked you to look through the forums, find your state, and post there. Have you done that yet? I've already mentioned that.

"I heard that this community HELPS other players. "

and we do. I've tried helping you in one of your thread. We're not gonna drop what we're doing to help someone out. Roller is right and I am right. You are a stranger to the community so of course we're going to be on edge.

I'll say it again: Go to your region, find your state, introduce yourself, then start asking to people to play with.

That's all that's need to be said.
I did... how do you not understand that my state is dead.

Dude, listen, I apologize. . I've been looking for a long time. And I've been aggravated with my lack of ability to find a way to improve myself. :/

What's the driving age for Indiana? I recommend getting your license as early as possible. I dunno about the rest of the people in your state, but I know that I'm only an hour away from you by car, and I'd be open to practice if you could get here.
Yeah , one more year haha. I'm gonna get dat car ASAP :3

ook

Smash Lord
I play wifi because I live in the deadest area in the united states. There is NO activity around where I live so I rely on wifi. -.-
I'm sorry but that is SO toooooooooootally not true it's ridiculous lol. You're in chicagoland; you're actually relatively lucky with how close you live to an active(ish) smash community. Imagine living somewhere in Idaho, or even a different part of Indiana, out in ****ing Kokomo or something - maybe then you'd have a point. But hell, YoshQ lives 4+ hours away in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin and he used to go to all kind of tourneys.

That being said, have you looked into taking the South Shore trains into Chicago? You'd have to ask your parents or someone else to drive you to Gary, but they'd get you into chicago and then you could take the CTA or Metra from there to get wherever you needed to go.
http://www.nictd.com/

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry but that is SO toooooooooootally not true it's ridiculous lol. You're in chicagoland; you're actually relatively lucky with how close you live to an active(ish) smash community. Imagine living somewhere in Idaho, or even a different part of Indiana, out in ****ing Kokomo or something - maybe then you'd have a point. But hell, YoshQ lives 4+ hours away in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin and he used to go to all kind of tourneys.

That being said, have you looked into taking the South Shore trains into Chicago? You'd have to ask your parents or someone else to drive you to Gary, but they'd get you into chicago and then you could take the CTA or Metra from there to get wherever you needed to go.
http://www.nictd.com/
My dad wants to take me to my first tourney, but I'm alright with that. He just wants a glimpse of the smash community, but I don't know about Gary man I heard that ****'s scary LOL

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If you ever do make it into Chicago off Public Trans, you can get to me by taking the Red Line to Garfield and then the 55 Bus to Ellis. That stop is literally like, a block and a half from my dorm.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
If you ever do make it into Chicago off Public Trans, you can get to me by taking the Red Line to Garfield and then the 55 Bus to Ellis. That stop is literally like, a block and a half from my dorm.
Alright! :) Btw, if there's any bi-weekly tournies you may be going to or something before the tourney, let me know. :<

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
my bad i didn't check back on this thread
i really admire your motivation to improve
reminds me of myself 3 years ago
anyway hmu with a vm/pm
if you really want to wifi

Top Bottom