• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone willing to help me train a little bit for my first ultimate tournament

mrbigbuds69

Smash Rookie
If anyone is willing to help me train for my first tourney I would be ultimately;) greatful haha seriously tho I really need help improving slash just need someone to play with message me on here I’m brand new to the whole competitive scene but I’ve been playing smash forever and am super passionate about it anyone whose experienced tourneys And could give me some tips on getting in the competitive mindset Thanks to whoever responds

Lypion

Smash Cadet
Tbh you don't need to train bevore your first tourney. People often go with the mindset that they have to do well on their first tournament but you don't. The tournament is the place where you truly train since there is no input delay as well as really good players that can give you advise. It's not like you go the the tournament and leave as soon as you're out, you can freeplay players that are better than you and learn from them. I'd go with the mindset that you go there to get your ass clapped and after that comes the training. If you want to train anyways to get fit i'd go into training mode and practise all sort of techs, shorthops, perfect timed fastfalls, b reverses all that stuff since playing online with delay really messes up your timing but is good for matchup knowledge. Hope that helped

Top Bottom