• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

beans

D

Deleted member

Hello.
I just would like to say that it's best to save these kinds if posts for this matchmaking thread for the sake of organization, and not having too many scattered posts like this.

Unfourtunately, I do not have Sm4sh on me right now, but I can remember to add you when I get my hands on the game again.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Sounds good, and should I move this to the matchmaking thread? Or is it fine?
Since you can't really delete posts I'd say it's probably ok to leave this here. The thread I linked to is usually for a more momentary basis. (as in, you might post there multiple times whenever you feel like playing, so including the other info probably wouldn't be a good idea.) It's the best place to find games quickly though.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I do, and if you couldn't tell by the 3 Toon Link icons under my Profile Picture, I'm a Toon Link main.
I play Toon Link too! Though, I play many characters too! However, I may get a rocky start but I will be grew much stronger over time. If you want a friend code, here! 3067-7373-5050.

However, if you see constant exits from me mid-match, it is probably my internet preventing me. I may stop if I exit too much.
Otherwise, if you have good internet connection, then we're set!

korokuro

Smash Cadet
I play Toon Link too! Though, I play many characters too! However, I may get a rocky start but I will be grew much stronger over time. If you want a friend code, here! 3067-7373-5050.

However, if you see constant exits from me mid-match, it is probably my internet preventing me. I may stop if I exit too much.
---------------

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Eh, Smash 3DS has pretty crappy online, so I won't really know who to blame too often. Tournament rules or FG rules? (I have to see if I even have access to "More Rules" because I literally just reinstalled the game to my 3DS today.)
I don't mind but keep in mind that I perform pretty mediocre at platform stages since I didn't play these stages that much, but do pretty good at FD.

I found out that the legal stages in Smash 3DS (According to Smash Wiki) were:
*Battlefield
*Final Destination
*Yoshi's Island
*Dream Land
*Prism Tower

Duck Hunt, Arena Ferox, and Umbra Clock Tower were consider legal in Smash 3DS according to Smash Wiki but since it's ruleset is outdated, these three were obviously banned imo.

korokuro

Smash Cadet
I don't mind but keep in mind that I perform pretty mediocre at platform stages since I didn't play these stages that much, but do pretty good at FD.

I found out that the legal stages in Smash 3DS (According to Smash Wiki) were:
*Battlefield
*Final Destination
*Yoshi's Island
*Dream Land
*Prism Tower

Duck Hunt, Arena Ferox, and Umbra Clock Tower were consider legal in Smash 3DS according to Smash Wiki but since it's ruleset is outdated, these three were obviously banned imo.
============

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
No problem.
You are good at finding the opponent's moves and know how to combo efficiently. However, you overrelied on dash attacks and airdodges, which when abused, you will be punished. Since you main Toon Link, I recommend using projectiles much often since that is what Toon Link's playstyle is about.

There is a video for you to improve your Toon Link. Izaw is amazing at knowing about Toon Link since he is a Link main himself. This will definetly help you :)

There is a beginner's, amateur's, and master's guide to all about competitve Smash in general! These video help you learn more about smash so you can be a top player!

Last edited:

korokuro

Smash Cadet
You are good at finding the opponent's moves and know how to combo efficiently. However, you overrelied on dash attacks and airdodges, which when abused, you will be punished. Since you main Toon Link, I recommend using projectiles much often since that is what Toon Link's playstyle is about.

There is a video for you to improve your Toon Link. Izaw is amazing at knowing about Toon Link since he is a Link main himself. This will definetly help you :)

There is a beginner's, amateur's, and master's guide to all about competitve Smash in general! These video help you learn more about smasher so you can be a top player!

=

Last edited:

JuicyJuniorReal

Smash Rookie

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Thanks I guess. I need to research zones
Zoners are character who used projectiles as there main weapon. They are great at defensive and campy play. They can get bodied by aggressive, rush down characters.

Duck Hunt, Toon Link, Lucas, and Mega Man are examples of zoners since they use projectiles in their playstyle.

Players who fight against zoners may feel annoyed and difficult to react as many swirls of projectiles were hitting them randomly. However the key of fighting against zoners is to get in, in which I couldnt do.

Keep in mind that I am super rusty right now, especially when I got the switch. At the same time, zoners are hard to counter. Still nice battle but I gotta slep

See you soon!

Last edited:

JuicyJuniorReal

Smash Rookie
I prefer to call myself asswhooper. Your ness was predictable. you always did that short hop near the edge leading in with that forward air when recovering after being launched. I knew exactly where you were gonna be and you never changed strategy.
Your ladder with bayo was spot on too bad lag prevented you from following through. It also allowed you to pick up the win. That would be an interesting match up in a local session. Good game bud I hope to play again soon I love this game.
Thanks I guess. I need to research zones

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I prefer to call myself asswhooper. Your ness was predictable. you always did that short hop near the edge leading in with that forward air when recovering after being launched. I knew exactly where you were gonna be and you never changed strategy.
Your ladder with bayo was spot on too bad lag prevented you from following through. It also allowed you to pick up the win. That would be an interesting match up in a local session. Good game bud I hope to play again soon I love this game.
Makes sense, bye

JuicyJuniorReal

Smash Rookie
Makes sense, bye
After researching what others have said about zones or the act of zoning I have come to the conclusion that all the characters I play with are zoners. It is a strict philosophy I practice to stay out of the hitboxes of my opponents known attacks regardless if I have many projectiles like duckhunt, or none like little mac.

Top Bottom