• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone notice more wario players in the bigger tourneys?

crazyninjagod

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5215-0713-5279
Back then a wario player was considered rare in ssb4. I've started to notice in an increase in wario players for some reason ( boss plays him now and a couple). He also moved up a lot on the tier list randomly. Am I missing anything to this reasoning?

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Maybe Jeepy winning a streamed tournament with him convinced more US players to give him a try.

Saturn_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Saturn.1000
Magik, one of the best active players in Austin, TX is a Wario main.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
And the japanese tier list may have convinced some people
The Japanese have always ranked Wario in the top 10, or close to it, iirc. Keep in mind too that they use FD, Bf, SV and omegas only for stages too. Also, Abadangos Wario is ridiculous, taking games off Mr R and beating international monsters with him.

I'll admit that I started using Wario when I saw him ranked high in the 2nd Japanese tier list. I was glad to see him still ranked high by the 3rd iteration.

Idk about Warios, he's still pretty rare. I was the only Wario player this past weekend at Toryuken 4, and I only know of one other Wario up here in Ontario.

I'm not even a Wario main myself, he's my secondary whom I use when people take me to Lylat or Duck Hunt, which I prefer to use him in over Fox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom