• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone notice any changes in 1.0.6 to Palutena?

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Because she has enough strengths to still be interesting. She's not a heavy but heavies also don't have a buckler that gives invincibility, allowing her to beat out options with attacks that you normally won't be able to do.

Her smashes are have endlag but are pretty fast and are strong like heavy's smashes, and have interesting properies like the wind effect and downsmash hitting both sides (as well as a decent close-up anti-air) and upsmash just hitting super high and setting a small lingering wall.

(In the shield attack grab rock paper scissors game, her buckler cheats by beating two out of 3 options compared to a normal attack which will normally only beat one out of 3. Thus her buckler has double the utility in this sense).

Etc.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Because she has enough strengths to still be interesting. She's not a heavy but heavies also don't have a buckler that gives invincibility, allowing her to beat out options with attacks that you normally won't be able to do.

Her smashes are have endlag but are pretty fast and are strong like heavy's smashes, and have interesting properies like the wind effect and downsmash hitting both sides (as well as a decent close-up anti-air) and upsmash just hitting super high and setting a small lingering wall.

(In the shield attack grab rock paper scissors game, her buckler cheats by beating two out of 3 options compared to a normal attack which will normally only beat one out of 3. Thus her buckler has double the utility in this sense).

Etc.
I know you want to give a positive twist on her. But its a fact that she is the lag queen and gets punished heavili on wiffs

NathanaelS626

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
Quite late to post possible changes I know, but I just saw a Twitch video with M2K testing out Palutena following the patch, and he says they buffed several things a little like less lag with n-air and better Auto Retical range. Unfortunately the video isn't very long and he didn't specify everything he found. As for how fast/laggy her moves are, I think her arials and smashes are fine but her tilts could use a little more speed.

Kinda late to post this I know, but I just watched a short Twitch video featuring M2K (who has been Palutena a lot lately) testing her out post 1.06; he says there are several small buffs including better standard b range and less lag on n-air. Unfortunately he didn't mention all the changes he noted. As for her speed or lack thereof, I think her aerials and smashes are fine, but her tilts could use a little more speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

faderpotater

Smash Apprentice
I didn't notice it but all my friends thought her counter seemed improved, now we have proof I guess. Also I really don't think palutena needs buffs, sure default palutena is extremely hard to get used to and you have to pretty much get really good reads to kill early and sometimes even late, but she is still a powerhouse with great mobility. Then you add in lightweight and she can suddenly start killing as early as 20-40% with good reads on di I've heard? She is far from bad, you just need to work a little harder to unlock the hidden potential.

As a side note I have been away for a month or so but everything felt pretty much the same to me, which leads me to believe that people thinking her hitboxes are different are probably placebo effects just like it has been confirmed the frame data was all placebo.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Im still figuring her out but overall she feels way better than before.

I- Frames on the Dash attack are kind of crazy

lostleader

Smash Rookie
NNID
lostleader
I find it pretty ridiculous that they haven't seen how many people complain about her lag on practically all of her attacks. I mean, she's not even heavy, and I'm finding myself losing out to almost everyone because of how slow her attacks are. I really don't understand why it isn't fixed/buffed.
I think it's because it re-enforces the way people play her. she isn't much of a rush down / aggro character. Going in like that will get you punished from laggy the endy attacky. Pretty Lady Palutena is more an opportunist / defensive character.

That being said, I honestly think all the nerf's to other character simply made all of Pal's attacks faster because they don't have as much power/priority/etc. Like she has no improvements, but improved because others were nerf'd. At least it seems to me because Sonic is a lot less scary with no Back throw terrors

Preggy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0860-3785-8303
I find it pretty ridiculous that they haven't seen how many people complain about her lag on practically all of her attacks. I mean, she's not even heavy, and I'm finding myself losing out to almost everyone because of how slow her attacks are. I really don't understand why it isn't fixed/buffed.
Palu is a goddess and shes moves as fast as she needs to. Using the wrong move situationally, using smash moves for more then hard reads or ko's, and running in ham will get you killed. and make palu feels slow. there is an airal, tilt, grab, upsmash for every situation, not knowing which move.. this is when youre gonna have a bad time.

Reactive, not proactive.

Top Bottom