• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone notice any changes in 1.0.6 to Palutena?

Sacredden

Smash Cadet
I was really hoping for something like better windbox, or less end lag on her ftilt and special moves, but playing I have not notice really any change to her...

NathanaelS626

Smash Rookie
Some say her F-Smash may be better; I haven't noticed anything except a nerf to her U-Smash, which I'm pretty sure used to do 27 maximum damage but only does 22 now.

NathanaelS626

Smash Rookie
Yeah, and thankfully they seem to have left her U-Air at least mostly alone (might have nerfed it's knockback a tiny bit), which is my primary kill method. And now that I've tested it more her F-Smash does indeed seem to reach slightly farther, as opposed to before when it blew them back at the tip. Now I need to return to testing to see what else I find.

samster

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamHdez
Some say her F-Smash may be better; I haven't noticed anything except a nerf to her U-Smash, which I'm pretty sure used to do 27 maximum damage but only does 22 now.
Nope! It’s always done 22% when fully charged. I have some of them memorized. The only thing that I did SORTA notice - not sure if it’s a placebo or sumfin’ - was that her dair is a bit easier to spike. Like @ Sacredden Sacredden said. But I’m not sure... That’s practically it. I didn’t notice anything different. As far as the popular dtilt is sped up, I honestly couldn’t tell you if it’s faster or not. I always thought it was decently fast, but who knows. It may or may not be faster.

Sacredden

Smash Cadet
Her Forward Smash is definitely easier to land , but everything else seems the same. She no longer does that awkward wing hug where you smash but they are way too close... And the dtilt thing @ samster samster

Last edited:

NathanaelS626

Smash Rookie
Some things are hard to tell since my mind might be playing tricks on me lol, but her grabs do somehow seem better. Not sure if the range is marginally better or something, but they seem different somehow. I cannot tell a difference in her D-Smash, but I never used it a whole lot anyway; her D-Tilt looks the same speed to me, but again I rarely used it. I'm glad Zelda's U-Smash and F-Smash seem better (or fixed maybe), since I main her too. But back to Palutena, her spike does seem ever so slightly improved, but I may have just had more accuracy this morning than usual.

samster

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamHdez
Her Forward Smash is definitely easier to land , but everything else seems the same. She no longer does that awkward wing hug where you smash but they are way too close... And the dtilt thing @ samster samster
Oh god yessssss. That was pretty annoying. I was testing out her forward smash, and I kinda wanna say it’s a tiny bit better when it comes to knockback and range... Just slightly.

I did discover a slight slight nerf though. Her autoreticle sometimes did 9% damage (it mostly did 8%) in the previous update, now it consistently does 8%.

Also, does anyone have any information about her u-air? Because it’s been bugging me, it’s such a good kill move and my brain isn’t sure if it’s nerfed or the same.

NathanaelS626

Smash Rookie
Oh god yessssss. That was pretty annoying. I was testing out her forward smash, and I kinda wanna say it’s a tiny bit better when it comes to knockback and range... Just slightly.

I did discover a slight slight nerf though. Her autoreticle sometimes did 9% damage (it mostly did 8%) in the previous update, now it consistently does 8%.

Also, does anyone have any information about her u-air? Because it’s been bugging me, it’s such a good kill move and my brain isn’t sure if it’s nerfed or the same.
It does seem a little bit nerfed, although I didn't keep raw data on it to know for sure. I think it kills on average about 6 or 8 percent later than before, but that might be me being pessimistic. Kills Mario at about 106 percent now on Omega Palutena's Temple, whereas before I thought it was around 100.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Auto Reticle does fractional damage. This is why you sometimes get 8 damage or 9 damage. It may round up to the next percent and depend on if the move is fresh or not.

There's no change to Auto Reticle (or anything from what I can tell)

samster

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamHdez
Auto Reticle does fractional damage. This is why you sometimes get 8 damage or 9 damage. It may round up to the next percent and depend on if the move is fresh or not.

There's no change to Auto Reticle (or anything from what I can tell)
That’s what I’m saying, the fractional damage doesn’t seem to be the same as the previous update. The 9% happened a lot more frequently. I didn’t manage to get a single 9% while in training mode... So I’m left to guess it’s at a solid 2.666 instead of whatever it previously was. As far as the move being fresh, I also used AR many times in training mode before 1.0.6, and I frequently got 9%. I’m pretty certain.

EDIT: Not that it matters, it’s not significant since AR is a bit difficult to land, anyway. But just a heads up.

Last edited:

Jahranimo

Smash Rookie
Her grab does feel a bit better, like there's more range but I'm not too sure. All her tilts and jab are the same. Aerials the same. Not sure about her smash attacks either.

NathanaelS626

Smash Rookie
Another piece of data is that U-Air kills Captain Falcon on the same stage at about 114% or 116%, and using Lightweight on either character reduces the damage need by roughly 15%.

Sacredden

Smash Cadet
Her grab does feel a bit better, like there's more range but I'm not too sure. All her tilts and jab are the same. Aerials the same. Not sure about her smash attacks either.
Forward Smash has improves a lot in range, up close and far away, but lag still feels the same. Her down smash range increased slightly, but still is not impressive. Up Smash looks pretty untouched.

NathanaelS626

Smash Rookie
Okay, CONFIRMED the Lightweight Glitch is still in place, tested it out on the platforms in Battlefield.

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
A lot of people have been saying her grab is better. Can someone with attention to detail eloquently pinpoint how exactly it's better?

NathanaelS626

Smash Rookie
Well, it definitely seems to me to have an ever so slightly longer range, and it may just be me but I think it may have a slightly better grip as well (allowing for an extra jab before tossing them in whatever desired direction).

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
What wing hugs / blind spot are you guys speaking of?

The only time I can think of that happened to me is if they were rolling into you and your hitbox doesn't come out early/late enough but your windbox still pushes them, in which case it's a timing issue and not a blind spot.

Last edited:

Sacredden

Smash Cadet
What wing hugs / blind spot are you guys speaking of?

The only time I can think of that happened to me is if they were rolling into you and your hitbox doesn't come out early/late enough but your windbox still pushes them, in which case it's a timing issue and not a blind spot.
That was probably it bc I have tried to punish a roll towards me (god knows why they are) and they would be standing in between the wings,but it seem to happen mainly when they were right in front of me.....

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I'm not by my 3DS or Wii U right now, but it seems these changes are mainly positive.

Can anyone confirm faster tilts?

Last edited:

Damonstrosity

Smash Rookie
This has probably been mentioned somewhere else already, but the reverse Jump Glide ledge grab tech is still in place.

NathanaelS626

Smash Rookie
I'm not by my 3DS or Wii U right now, but it seems these changes are mainly positive.

Can anyone confirm faster tilts?
Tilts are NOT faster from what I've seen, unless d-tilt is by a very small amount; even that doesn't seem to be the case.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Tilts are NOT faster from what I've seen, unless d-tilt is by a very small amount; even that doesn't seem to be the case.
Strange, I got back to it and I swear Utilt and Ftilt were slightly faster, but I may be wrong.

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
I rather trust other players here than myself. If there really are no changes, then I guess that's true!

Fz Truth

Smash Rookie
None of her frame data has changed. I haven't tested KB's. Her grab range feels the same. It was already pretty big to begin with

Damonstrosity

Smash Rookie
Did all of Palutena's up-tilt hits connect so reliably in the last patch, or is this new? I always remember only hitting a couple of them, then the opponent would fall out.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
Considering I just got done playing as Palutena in Smash 4 with a few people, I can attest that there are some definite changes.

For one I felt her up/down tilts and all her smash attacks came out faster. Considering there are countless of times where before the patch when I would try to use my smash attacks Palutena would usually do some extended animation before doing the attack and some extended animation when she finishes the attacks. Today the attacks came right in and right out, MILES faster than I felt before.

I also had an easier time spiking people with her down air unlike before the patch where I dreaded to even use her down air for anything. ALSO call me crazy, but I think the reflect comes out faster too, maybe by just a frame or two. I also did have an easier time grabbing people, and most of the time I could grab someone who was a bit farther than when I normally grab my opponents.

I DO hope the stuff I felt were not just lucky happenings and are actually legit because my favorite goddess NEEDED the buffs.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Guess I'm gonna keep typing it every like 3 posts.

Compared both versions, pre and post patch.

There is no changes on anything. Frames are nearly identical on everything when executing both at the same time. If there are any frame adjustments, we're talking less than 2 frames (hard to tell with the naked eye). I spent close to 2 hours testing her and double checking everything.

Guys, I don't know how many times I have to type it: It's all in your head. :(

Damonstrosity

Smash Rookie
Okay, good to know. It just seems odd to me that they'd buff certain high-tier characters like Yoshi(albeit only a slight end lag decrease on his ledge attack), but not Sakurai's own character.

Last edited:

xnine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xninebreaker
3DS FC
3582-8927-0427
They didn't take out the infinite Lightweight. I'll take that and be content.

Fz Truth

Smash Rookie
Considering I just got done playing as Palutena in Smash 4 with a few people, I can attest that there are some definite changes.

For one I felt her up/down tilts and all her smash attacks came out faster. Considering there are countless of times where before the patch when I would try to use my smash attacks Palutena would usually do some extended animation before doing the attack and some extended animation when she finishes the attacks. Today the attacks came right in and right out, MILES faster than I felt before.

I also had an easier time spiking people with her down air unlike before the patch where I dreaded to even use her down air for anything. ALSO call me crazy, but I think the reflect comes out faster too, maybe by just a frame or two. I also did have an easier time grabbing people, and most of the time I could grab someone who was a bit farther than when I normally grab my opponents.

I DO hope the stuff I felt were not just lucky happenings and are actually legit because my favorite goddess NEEDED the buffs.
Nothing comes out faster. I literally had two setups right next to each other with a splitted input and the frames were identical

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
I havent tested that much... but what I found:

Her neutral B is different: Before it shot 4 projectiles each dealing 2 damage for a total of 8 damage. Not she just shoots 3 projectiles, each dealing 3 damage, for a total of 9 damage.

Her Down-Tilt has a much less ending lag, but its hit-box goes away earlyer, too.

Her standing grab improved: Before, when rolling behind someone who's rigt at the edge she couldn't grab that character. Now it is possible. Also the range has been improved a bit, I think.

And now the things I am not sure about:
To me her down-Smash seems to have a bigger hit box upwards.
The end-lag after the down-throw-animation seems to be a bit shorter for easyer follo-ups.
All her airial-moves seem to come out faster - about 1 or 2 frames @.@
(I read, what you wrote... but... it really seems to me like that oO )

Last edited:

sleepy_Nex

Smash Journeyman
This is all Placebo also the Neutralb has always shot just 3 projectiles.

Fz Truth

Smash Rookie
I havent tested that much... but what I found:

Her neutral B is different: Before it shot 4 projectiles each dealing 2 damage for a total of 8 damage. Not she just shoots 3 projectiles, each dealing 3 damage, for a total of 9 damage.

Her Down-Tilt has a much less ending lag, but its hit-box goes away earlyer, too.

Her standing grab improved: Before, when rolling behind someone who's rigt at the edge she couldn't grab that character. Now it is possible. Also the range has been improved a bit, I think.

And now the things I am not sure about:
To me her down-Smash seems to have a bigger hit box upwards.
The end-lag after the down-throw-animation seems to be a bit shorter for easyer follo-ups.
All her airial-moves seem to come out faster - about 1 or 2 frames @.@
(I read, what you wrote... but... it really seems to me like that oO )
idk what to tell you man. visually wise all the moves haven't changed. going into shield after dtilt is just as fast as it was in 1.0.5. However I cannot debunk any hitbox related changes as I haven't probably tested for that and no longre have a 0.5 copy

takai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
infamoustakai
I find it pretty ridiculous that they haven't seen how many people complain about her lag on practically all of her attacks. I mean, she's not even heavy, and I'm finding myself losing out to almost everyone because of how slow her attacks are. I really don't understand why it isn't fixed/buffed.

Top Bottom