• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone know how to perform the Platform cance Nair?

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
I've seen abate and vudujin do it all the time, but I can't seem to get the timing down. Can someone help me with it? What exactly do I have to do? I press down on a platform and press as fast as i can but no dice.

Kale.

Smash Cadet
I use z to do it because I just find it easier. I flick the control stick down and then press Z. You need to play around with it and get used to the timing. Plug in another controller to do it since you need to be doing it on a shield or another character. OR a CPU on training mode with a star to make them invincible.

Check out the ssbwiki for the exact details of it.

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
I use z to do it because I just find it easier. I flick the control stick down and then press Z. You need to play around with it and get used to the timing. Plug in another controller to do it since you need to be doing it on a shield or another character. OR a CPU on training mode with a star to make them invincible.

Check out the ssbwiki for the exact details of it.
Wait why does the opponent CPU need a star to do it?

Elza~

Smash Cadet
You need to basically have done all the inputs within a second.

Flick the control stick down to drop. Input N-air/L-cancel. If you do it too fast, you will D-Smash. If you linger on the control stick, you will D-air.

As a note, doing a platform drop cancelled Up-air is easier and actually has more utilization in my opinion.

https://gfycat.com/SociableShinyHeron

Last edited:

Elza~

Smash Cadet
I'm finding PC uair to be easier than nair...does anyone if dair or fair can also be platform cancelled?
D-air has too much start-up to be possible.

F-air would be unreasonable. You wouldn't be able to combo off F-air as you would likely hit them off the platform.

Top Bottom