• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone from North Dakota?

Furphy

Smash Rookie
still lookin for melee players, got some guys here who meet up occasionaly to play, hit me if your in the area!

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
I surprised Fargo doesn't have a bigger scene. I live in Fergus Falls, MN, about 45 min away and I have recently been checking out Fargo for smash options... Otherwise I gotta drive to St. Cloud, or the cities.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I feel like there's enough people that with the proper announcements we could have a decent showing for a smash gathering at section nine sometime. Also Rob (guy who runs s9) said that he'd be down for another smash tournament.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If you play melee you should look up Rayku, he's on the military base but in ND, he plays with Blubbapinecone.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
Hey if you guys are still looking for people I'm down to play. I'm from Connecticut and I'll be in North Dakota for a while. Please inbox me contact info.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hey @ C cyclone248i , if you are still interested theres a really good player at their base I just told about this thread.

@ P Papito , where in ND? You may want to try the facebook Minnesota group or the South Dakota smash groups depending on where you are at.

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
I live in the Fargo/Moorhead area. I mostly play Brawl, havent played melee in like 8 years and Im going to be giving PM a shot here pretty soon.

Also on a side note, I am hosting a Brawl tournament at the west acres mall 6/28 in the community room downstairs next to big nicks. Registration starts at 12pm. Check facebook.com/ironboots.3 for the event details and tournament rules.

Last edited:

Chris Robinson

Smash Rookie
Hey, if people are still looking for new players, I live in Grand Forks, ND and I'm down to play whatever. I mostly play Melee, though.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
He's the Jason white in the South Dakota Smash Group. Also in the Nebraska Smash Group and Minnesota Smash groups.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I didn't think anyone would respond my name is Miguel and I'm in the watford city area. I'm pretty good and I can't wait to school done of you guys in melee. My number is 860-808-4681 feel free to call or text me. I would love to play people on my time off from work.

heysuess

Smash Cadet
Sup peeps! I'll be in Dickinson, ND on Monday, August 4th, and leaving on Thursday, August 7th. Anybody close to there want to play some PM???

heysuess

Smash Cadet
Lol I'm here for work! I leave on Thursday. Does Dickinson have any type of scene at all? I wanted to get some friendlies in!

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
well you can come to fargo on the other side of the state and beat all of our scrub asses but to my knowledge dickinson is pretty devoid of anything aside from oil workers. Are you there for oil or what?

heysuess

Smash Cadet
I noticed the oil workers...

I do IT Consulting so I'm here for that. I won't be able to make it to Fargo :(

Would have been awesome to get some games in!

JIoe

Smash Rookie
NNID
Joebin
Hey I live in D ickinson, North Dakota, and I'm looking for some Smashers! I started playing I would say less than a month ago and really want to get a group to play with! I play PM, and Melee. Pref Melee. Either will honestly do. If you want to contact me my number is (701)-590-0953. Feel free to call / text me.
Also if the number isn't working I have skype and If I'm not at work I'm usually on.
Skype username: whatsjoesnameagain

SOMEBODY HAS TO BE OUT HERE!

Last edited:

Rayku

Smash Lord
Going to keep reiterating that I'm in Minot, ND and if you're willing to make the drive here you will have a guaranteed 2 people of competition and other random people to play against.

We play every Tuesday and Thursday evenings in the mall for at least 5 hours so come at us.

Also, I have a Facebook group called Minot Smash Brothers and there are a few other people in the state who have their own little groups that I don't know about so join that and let's start a scene going.

Edit 2: A card store owner messaged me earlier from Williston expressing interest in running Smash tournaments. I'm going to talk to him tomorrow about running them but I will try and keep this post posted with that information

Last edited:

Wylia

Restore faith in humanity
3DS FC
4184-2201-1910
Yoo all these smash scenes at universities that are far away from me. Are there any smash scenes at MSU?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
($1100 pot bonus warning)
Okay, Guys, it's tournament almost season in Nebraska

October 11th is Roll Tier X4($1100 total pot bonuses), which features $500 pot bonuses for both melee and PM each and $100 on a free sm4sh tournament (must sign up for at least 1 other event to register for it and byo3ds), free Pizza from Little Caesars and free Venue fee amongst tons of other hype bonuses!

However, you must PRE-REGISTER for this event!

October 18th is IT HAS BEGIN (possible pot bonuses TBA), which features 64, brawl and the very first open sm4sh tournament Nebraska smash is running, Free Pizza from Little Caesars and free venue amongst tons of other awesome bonuses!

RTx4
https://www.facebook.com/events/334665033369521/363630763806281/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_mall_activity

http://smashboards.com/…/oct-11-2014-roll-tier-x4-remix-11…/

IT HAS BEGUN

https://www.facebook.com/events/1453310801604341/?ref=70

http://smashboards.com/…/oct-18-2014-it-has-begun-ne-first…/

Please, sign up for Roll Tier X4 if you haven't already
https://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/42457

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I'm the other dude up here in Minot. Like Rayku said, we're at Gorilla Games in Dakota Square Mall every Tuesday and Thursday from about 6 to 11 PM. We typically play Melee.

I'm more than willing to sit down and take the time to teach newer players the mechanics of the game, and of course playing as many matches as you could possibly stand.

I also have a rather free schedule right now, and am up to play at times other than Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Contact me either on here or through our prior mentioned Facebook group.

Arcade

Smash Ace
I wish you could sort members by location and send out mass PMs to people in ND with information about local events. I bet everyone just assumes there's nothing.

Arcade

Smash Ace
where are you located?
Williston.

Unfortunately my erratic work schedule is just not lining up with the Minot group's Tuesdays and Thursdays this week, nor next week probably. Eventually I'll get some Tuesdays and Thursdays off though. I'd be down for more Doc dittos, or Smash 4.

JIoe

Smash Rookie
NNID
Joebin
Williston.

Unfortunately my erratic work schedule is just not lining up with the Minot group's Tuesdays and Thursdays this week, nor next week probably. Eventually I'll get some Tuesdays and Thursdays off though. I'd be down for more Doc dittos, or Smash 4.
I live in (D ickinson, ND)
There is no scene here. I'm willing to start one, but I can't find anybody :(

Top Bottom