• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else + Ultimate's DLC = underwhelming?

Khao

Smash Lord
What a very long post just to tell you can't stand that some people don't like the same thing as you do. Unless I'm mistaken and your whole post is only directed at the very specific portion of disappointed people who bought the passes early and talk now about treason, manipulation and stuff like that,. But it sounds like you're englobing all the people who are not thrilled by every newcomer reveal.

You have enough free time and money to buy and play every character in Smash and the games they come from? That's great. But maybe don't blame the people who don't.

You enjoy experimenting new movesets regardless of the characters themselves? Again, that's great. But Smash is many things and has many aspects. One of those is being a lively, playable tribute to Nintendo and other video games companies, whether it's important for you or not. So for some players, most of the joy comes from playing as someone they like against other characters from other franchises they also like.

Also, saying that you don't like something doesn't mean that you hate it and that it should have been different. Do you lecture everyone saying that they're not interested in a game and tell them the game wasn't meant for their taste specifically ? There is nothing wrong in saying that something is not for you. Most of us have to choose what we buy and what we play.

I do agree with you on one point though, I'm actually glad for the Mii costumes. Didn't buy any of them for the same reason I didn't buy any DLC (it's not for me), but I'm glad that Skull Kid got a nice outfit and sometimes I like to play with it on Great Bay against Young Link : I would have prefered the full character, of course, but it's way better than nothing.
That... was not the idea. Yes, my post is directed at a very specific portion of dissapointed people. I've literally never said that no one should have a right to complain. Quite the opposite.

Again, I'm fine if people are dissapointed. I'm fine with people expressing that they're dissapointed too. I'm fine if you even dislike the game outright. I'm not fine when it crosses to a point where people act as if they were outright wronged and insulted. I'm not fine when people adopt this strangely cynical attitude dismissing the content and it's value as if they were just scammed. I'm not fine when people start attacking the devteam because of a character decision when they're ultimately working on a game and ultimately doing a fantastic job at it despite how one might feel about their decisions. Especially not when people attack another character's fans as if it's their fault.

I'm not saying everyone who has the slightest negative feeling is doing these things. I'm not even saying anyone on this thread is doing that right now. Heck, right after that post I went over to the Shantae thread in the character forum and was very pleased to see that the people's reactions in there were generally pretty reasonable. And let's be real, I've myself have been dissapointed more than a few times with specific character selections. My absolute #1 most wanted character since Brawl is Isaac. I wish he was in the game. He's not though, and I can't do a lot about it other than enjoy the things that are here, and if I can't, well, I don't have to get the rest of the cast. There's a lot of ways to be dissapointed. Some of them are expected. Some of them are healthy. Some of them are outright harmful.

Some people genuinely take it to a level that's beyond reasonable and it gets tiring after so long, you know? Like, my first reaction to Byleth was along the lines of are you actually joking right now but I don't have to act as if Sakurai and Fire Emblem fans just murdered my family. Yet some people kinda do.

And again. Not saying it's you. The intention is absolutely not putting everyone on the same bag. But it's definitely a thing that happens and I hate it.

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
That... was not the idea. Yes, my post is directed at a very specific portion of dissapointed people. I've literally never said that no one should have a right to complain. Quite the opposite.

Again, I'm fine if people are dissapointed. I'm fine with people expressing that they're dissapointed too. I'm fine if you even dislike the game outright. I'm not fine when it crosses to a point where people act as if they were outright wronged and insulted. I'm not fine when people adopt this strangely cynical attitude dismissing the content and it's value as if they were just scammed. I'm not fine when people start attacking the devteam because of a character decision when they're ultimately working on a game and ultimately doing a fantastic job at it despite how one might feel about their decisions. Especially not when people attack another character's fans as if it's their fault.

I'm not saying everyone who has the slightest negative feeling is doing these things. I'm not even saying anyone on this thread is doing that right now. Heck, right after that post I went over to the Shantae thread in the character forum and was very pleased to see that the people's reactions in there were generally pretty reasonable. And let's be real, I've myself have been dissapointed more than a few times with specific character selections. My absolute #1 most wanted character since Brawl is Isaac. I wish he was in the game. He's not though, and I can't do a lot about it other than enjoy the things that are here, and if I can't, well, I don't have to get the rest of the cast. There's a lot of ways to be dissapointed. Some of them are expected. Some of them are healthy. Some of them are outright harmful.

Some people genuinely take it to a level that's beyond reasonable and it gets tiring after so long, you know? Like, my first reaction to Byleth was along the lines of are you actually joking right now but I don't have to act as if Sakurai and Fire Emblem fans just murdered my family. Yet some people kinda do.

And again. Not saying it's you. The intention is absolutely not putting everyone on the same bag. But it's definitely a thing that happens and I hate it.
That's great then. I'm sorry I overreacted. That's the kind of stuff Internet can to do us sometimes, I guess, you misinterpret a message and then get caried away. Again, my apologies.

I also had a look at the Shantae thread out of curiosity and was also glad to see that people there are actually kinda happy.

Edit : And it seems to be the same for the Dragonborn supporters!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The only characters on the fighters pass that really disappointed me were Byleth and Sephiroth. Byleth, because it's yet another character from a franchise that's comparatively over-represented while others go ignored this time around (Star Fox, Kirby, F-Zero, Kid Icarus). Sephiroth because quite honestly, I don't think Final Fantasy 7 deserved another rep. Square-Enix already had two characters in the roster (Cloud and Hero) and if they were going to throw in another character from that company, it should have been from something unique like the Mana series.
How has Kid Icarus been ignored? The series has a total of two games and three characters.

(as far as Square Enix... I think Sora and Lara Croft would be a bang, be unique, and have huge legacies... as well as sales).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Three games. People tend to forget Pit had a sequel on the original gameboy.
Doesn't really change the point that Kid Icarus has more than enough characters compared to
1- Sales
2- Number of Games
3- Variation of characters (not that others couldn't be fun, just that we have the most important ones in the game)

I'm ngl, something that is most disappointing to me about Smash, is which echoes they decided to make.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I can't help but feel like I wish fan requests has been honored more. Maybe K Rool, Ridley, Simon, and Banjo have spoiled me, but Kazuya's reveal just left me feeling kinda hollow. I don't think every character needs to be someone who is popular with fans, but I would have liked to see just one or two more who were. We have 11 characters, 12 if you count Piranha Plant, and of those, I'd say Banjo and Steve are the only ones who were popular requests. 2/12 is honestly very low. I know our last character has yet to be revealed, and could be a popular request, but there's also a chance they won't be.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I personally really like both passes minus maybe Joker and Steve. Honestly, I'm not a fan of a majority of the smashboards pop picks; I'm fine with their lack of inclusion.

I've come to realize that the DLC characters I enjoy the most, Hero and Pyra/Mythra seem to be disliked by a majority of the people I talk to. It also seems that a large majority of people love Joker and Steve. So to each his own I guess. I mean if you get one or two characters you like in the pass, I would consider that a win.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I can't help but feel like I wish fan requests has been honored more. Maybe K Rool, Ridley, Simon, and Banjo have spoiled me, but Kazuya's reveal just left me feeling kinda hollow. I don't think every character needs to be someone who is popular with fans, but I would have liked to see just one or two more who were. We have 11 characters, 12 if you count Piranha Plant, and of those, I'd say Banjo and Steve are the only ones who were popular requests. 2/12 is honestly very low. I know our last character has yet to be revealed, and could be a popular request, but there's also a chance they won't be.
I honestly don't mind the characters who have an insane legacy and place in video game history- even if they weren't the 'popular' ones.
So Sephiroth and Kazuya, even Terry, they all make sense to me. I also understand wanting to flesh out Nintendo characters more, so I understand Pythra and ARMS.

Byleth and Joker still blow me away for choices. The hard on for Fire Emblem is legitimately absurd, and there is no logic behind it wherein the explanation of anything other than favortism can be legitimate.

Honestly, my biggest gripe is just that we don't have more characters coming. I've got a list of about 50 more characters that would all be very sensible (from a legacy perspective, being as objective as I can, given my genuinely solid Video Game knowledge- but not perfect, of course).

Of these, though, my top 20 are a bit more bias, though still I think pretty sound.

Ten First Party--
Dixie Kong, Eevee, Isaac, Chibi Robo, Andy, Captain Toad, Excite Biker, Chorus Kids, Balloon Fighter, Dragaux
(close- Meowth, Lip, Paper Mario)

Ten Third Party--
Frogger, Bomberman, Rayman, Crash, DoomSlayer, Scorpion, Lara Croft, Agumon, Red Bird, Jill Valentine
(close-- Tracer, anyone Warcraft, Jonesy, Ryu Hayabusa, Master Chief, Kratos, Spyro, Sora, Nightmare)

Last edited:

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Other than Banjo, I find the Fighter pass currently unbearably tiring. And even still, I was never actually hyped for Banjo, but at least I know the character and has for a long time. Smash 4's DLC was done by far better. Ultimate's DLC, the characters for most are too recent and some feel like shill picks. There's no real magic.
Still wish Ultimate got more old modes as DLC for the game.

Like Break The Targets

Smash Run

Board The Platforms

Multi Man Smash

Race To The Finish As A Separate Mode

A Boss Rush Mode

Maybe even an Arcade Mode (Like The One From Injustice/Mortal Kombat) or a Volley Ball Mode like that one Melee mod.

Heck. It would have been neat to see an Old Mode Pass sometime after fighter pass 2 was complete.

That was what so underwhelming about Smash Ultimate's DLC in my book.

I also wish Ultimate's DLC had gotten more cartoony platforming characters instead of so many realistic looking human people.

Feel free to either agree or disagree with me

Minix0

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I don't really care who's in the game and who isn't tbh. Part of what made growing up with Melee so magical is not knowing who Ness and Fox were. Heck, I didn't even know who Link or Ganon were at that time. While there were some picks I'm not thrilled about (Steve, Pythra, Byleth), at the end of the day in a roster of 80 characters they're all after thoughts anyway considering my personal picks are either in the game already or have no chance of happening at this point.

That being said, I can't exactly say I'm thrilled about a lot of these characters. They were well made (uh, kinda...) at first, but it seems as we go on, they get less and less fun. Of all the DLC we've gotten, I can only say that Joker and Sephiroth are the two I'm mostly pleased with. Kazuya is cool as well but idk how to feel about his "meter" thing. The rest are characters that are designed in ways I'm mixed about, and some are just genuinely unfun (Terry, Banjo, Hero).

If you ask me I think DLC hurts games more than it helps them. I'd rather a game have tons of hidden collectables/unlockables that you have to unlock yourself than a nifty new character you can mash with and win for the low cost of 5.99. Its just so much more rewarding to, you know, EARN your character than to get mum's credit card. What made games so fascinating to me back then was the mystery as to just what all is in the game, I'm convinced that's what made games like FNAF so popular. I was genuinely surprised when I unlocked Mewtwo and Game & Watch and that feeling stuck with me. I can't say I feel that same way about getting a DLC character. Mystery aside, grinding hard for a character and finally getting it after a struggle is so satisfying. DLC removes both mystery and the satisfaction of completing a challenge.

I'm by all means a proponent for free/general updates and paying developers for their hard wok and whatnot, but I dunno, DLC just encourages devs nowadays to make bare bone games and slap on the meat later. And in other cases, DLC takes away part of what makes games enjoyable in the first place and turns them into cash grabs disguised with a funny picture on the front.

Anyway, I'm going on a tangent. Tl;dr-- Sephi cool k thx bye

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Honestly I don't really care who's in the game and who isn't tbh. Part of what made growing up with Melee so magical is not knowing who Ness and Fox were. Heck, I didn't even know who Link or Ganon were at that time. While there were some picks I'm not thrilled about (Steve, Pythra, Byleth), at the end of the day in a roster of 80 characters they're all after thoughts anyway considering my personal picks are either in the game already or have no chance of happening at this point.

That being said, I can't exactly say I'm thrilled about a lot of these characters. They were well made (uh, kinda...) at first, but it seems as we go on, they get less and less fun. Of all the DLC we've gotten, I can only say that Joker and Sephiroth are the two I'm mostly pleased with. Kazuya is cool as well but idk how to feel about his "meter" thing. The rest are characters that are designed in ways I'm mixed about, and some are just genuinely unfun (Terry, Banjo, Hero).

If you ask me I think DLC hurts games more than it helps them. I'd rather a game have tons of hidden collectables/unlockables that you have to unlock yourself than a nifty new character you can mash with and win for the low cost of 5.99. Its just so much more rewarding to, you know, EARN your character than to get mum's credit card. What made games so fascinating to me back then was the mystery as to just what all is in the game, I'm convinced that's what made games like FNAF so popular. I was genuinely surprised when I unlocked Mewtwo and Game & Watch and that feeling stuck with me. I can't say I feel that same way about getting a DLC character. Mystery aside, grinding hard for a character and finally getting it after a struggle is so satisfying. DLC removes both mystery and the satisfaction of completing a challenge.

I'm by all means a proponent for free/general updates and paying developers for their hard wok and whatnot, but I dunno, DLC just encourages devs nowadays to make bare bone games and slap on the meat later. And in other cases, DLC takes away part of what makes games enjoyable in the first place and turns them into cash grabs disguised with a funny picture on the front.

Anyway, I'm going on a tangent. Tl;dr-- Sephi cool k thx bye
The internet really ruined any surprise factor that a game can have. I'm curious if you know of another option for this, short of a potential stealth drop without an announcement, which...would still get ruined, quickly.

I also wish Ultimate's DLC had gotten more cartoony platforming characters instead of so many realistic looking human people.

Feel free to either agree or disagree with me
Me too. I'm still hoping the last is Frogger, Rayman, Red Bird, or Crash. Though I do wish Bomberman had gotten in.

Minix0

Smash Apprentice
The internet really ruined any surprise factor that a game can have. I'm curious if you know of another option for this, short of a potential stealth drop without an announcement, which...would still get ruined, quickly.
I'm merely addressing the problem, I have no idea how to "fix" it. Though, honestly you can't really make things entirely spoiler free, even back in the day. Short of somehow heavily barricading the code of the game so that no one can access its files, most people are going to find out one way or the other.

Alternatively, just avoid spoilers for as long as possible in whatever way lol.

UserKev

Smash Champion
In my personal objective, Sora redeems Ultimate's fighter pass, now I can give Ultimate its props in terms of DLC.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Hate Sephiroth, Steve & Joker. I only like ( Pyra & Mythra ) & Sora. Was really hoping for Ahri.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The final fighter was not what I was hoping for, but it was a good day for the Kingdom Hearts fans. At least now we can move on without talking about any more DLC speculation.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I love the fighter pass characters. I think that these fighters were great both for gameplay and hype. None of theme felt like they were made specifically to please a crowd or promote a game. Most people enjoyed Joker, Japan was popping off for Hero, Terry was niche but well received, and Byleth had hate but their fans really enjoyed it. Min-Min was incredibly unique and the trailer was good, Steve in smash broke twitter, Sephiroth was very hype, Pthra had Xenoblade fans popping off despite the gross reactions of “boob funny”. Kazuya brought Tekken into smash. Sora was a combination of Disney, Nintendo, and Square Enix. Let me say that one more time. Sakurai brought NINTENDO and DISNEY together for smash. That is BEYOND Insane. I personally didn’t want Sora, but holy hell I was hyped anyway.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I’m don’t have a personal connection to a lot of the characters chosen and I have expressed in the past some sort of cynisism over it that Nintendo was going on a collectathon of high selling series, but I knew what I signed up for when I started Smash speculation and only play like Mario and Splatoon.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
My opinion on the Fighters Passes hasn't really changed now that we know who everyone is. Good for people who wanted them, I guess, but big crowd-pleasing, headline-grabbing characters like Sora and Sephiroth really don't do much for me. Not that it really matters, since I'm out here having a great time with NASB anyway.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Will admit I personally preferred the 1st pass roster over the 2nd but feel both were generally good, especially with bringing in new franchises.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Now that the FP2 is finished, my only underwhelming addition was Pyra/Mythra. I would have far preferred Elma if we were to add a secondary XBC character. Still, they present an interesting mechanic that’s expanded upon from the last tike we saw it.

Overall, the FP1 and 2 were home runs out of the park. Excellent picks, amazing amount of content, great stages, and representative to gaming as a whole while also keeping variety and popularity. Sure, both passes have only two of my most wanted characters, Banjo and Sephiroth. Even then, I silently supported Sephiroth since I didn’t really consider him possible. Terry was an older favorite of mine but Nakoruru, Iori, or Athena were my picks for a KoF/SS/FF rep. Kazuya was an extremely pleasant surprise. I really didn’t want Steve but the possibility of his building mechanic interested me before his reveal and didn’t let me down. Byleth is super fun to play as and someone I consider my secondary after Zero Suit. Hero, while it didn’t excite me as others, was an understandable addition to the roster. I nearly forgot my love for this series and how deep the games get so seeing Hero reminded me of the times as a kid where I played DQ. Same goes with Fatal Fury. And Sora was the perfect ending to the a great game.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I've felt Ultimate in general has been a bit underwhelming.
I understand why others might have been blown away but it's just not captured and held my attention in the way even Sm4sh did.

I didn't find the return of Solid Snake, Wolf, Pokémon Trainer, Pichu, Young Link or Ice Climbers exciting after the initial surprise. I'd have preferred more newcomers on base instead of the rather underwhelming amount we got.

Some of the additional fluff we got such as the coloured smoke somehow makes Smash more of a confusing visual mess than previous titles. I guess this is barely a footnote for most people but I've noticed a few people state it's harder to keep track of.

The DLC period honestly felt a little too long and my interest in Smash definitely dipped some time between Steve and Sephiroth's introduction.
Got into plenty of other Switch titles in the meantime but Smash was definitely dropped as the killer Nintendo app for me during the Fighters Pass period.

I kind of resent paying almost the cost of Smash Ultimate again to have the full roster too. It's just a hard sell for me to pay out that much for any DLC, even if the fighters passes were both full of my most wanteds I think I'd struggle to justify it over a whole brand new game and experience.

It's a bit sad really since the original Smash 64 was what got me into gaming in the first place, but this one just left me hollow.

I do think Ultimate has a lot of good stuff for other people, but barely any of the changes or additions gave me the excitement of 8-player Smash in Sm4sh, the SSE in Brawl, or even the trophy collecting in Melee.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Kazuya- I respect his inclusion... not gonna lie though would have preferred Jin or Heihachi over Kazuya, but still a good pick to represent Tekken. May update after I've had a chance to play him.
After playing as and against Kazuya has made me realize... I actually dislike how fighting game characters are implemented in smash. To me it's cool in concept but i dont vibe with it in practice may be because i havent played many fighting games since the PS2 era. I still respect the inclusion of the fighting game characters though. Now moving onto Sora... Another one of my most requested characters got into smash so I'm happy. Overall satisfied with the DLC for this game.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Oh boy, I sure do love how people complain about characters not having a legacy or being "too popular."

Firstly, Smash is a celebration of gaming, both new and old, not just what you grew up with or what you're playing now.

As for the people who want obscure picks and are mad that they aren't DLC - DLC is meant to be sold, so it's just objectively smarter to offer things the most people want to buy.

Smash Ultimate's DLC literally offered characters with a legacy, and new ones, from a bunch of different genres and styles of games - if you didn't like any of them, then you have a very narrow mind.

Even the characters I think were the weakest additions - Kazuya, Byleth, and Min Min - I've had loads of fun with, so open up your horizons more.

Arthur97

Smash Master
is it though? theres an awful lot of gaming thats missing
This is only like, half true. They say that, but it's still heavily rooted in Nintendo as much as they try to change that. Earthbound/Mother is nowhere near as important as its represented for example, and on the flipside, they'll pretty much never get it all. Sora for one, is likely a one time deal given how hard it probably was to license him. Plus, at least for base games, first parties are cheaper when you aren't charging so much for each one to make the money back. So in practice, it's still kinda Nintendo and friends even if they're pulling away from that and some of those friends aren't super friendly.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This is only like, half true. They say that, but it's still heavily rooted in Nintendo as much as they try to change that. Earthbound/Mother is nowhere near as important as its represented for example, and on the flipside, they'll pretty much never get it all. Sora for one, is likely a one time deal given how hard it probably was to license him. Plus, at least for base games, first parties are cheaper when you aren't charging so much for each one to make the money back. So in practice, it's still kinda Nintendo and friends even if they're pulling away from that and some of those friends aren't super friendly.
well thats kinda the point. you hardly call it a "celebration of gaming" if for the most part the focus is on nintendo and that which isnt is rather selective

Arthur97

Smash Master
Well, it has to be selective to a point. Both in what is negotiable and reasonable, even if Sora may have bordered on unreasonable since this is Disney we're talking about here. Having a series like Sonic or Mega Man have as many fighters as Mario or Pokemon would be far less likely if just for practical reasons so they tend to just pick a good rep (or two on occasion) and go from there. So by sheer limitations of practicality, it will likely never be what some people think it is. Especially for base newcomers and even potentially veterans which I'm all for. Maybe when it's not DLC we'll get more first party content again.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Smash Ultimate's DLC literally offered characters with a legacy, and new ones, from a bunch of different genres and styles of games - if you didn't like any of them, then you have a very narrow mind.
That's funny, I just read about a person saying they played none of the games featured in the Fighter's Passes. Admittedly, I'm close, having only played ARMS. Technically, there's also Byleth, but only if you count Awakening for it. (I'm not getting Three Houses because I found Awakening boring, FYI).

Honestly, it's not that hard I believe to miss out on the DLC. If you don't like Fighting Games or RPGs like I do, you're left with Banjo, Steve, and maybe Min Min, given how different ARMS is from the traditional fighting game.

Remember that this thread is for underwhelming, not necessarily bad or awful. I'd personally find the roster underwhelming, with only about half the DLC being interesting to me, and there being a lot of monkey's paws for the ones I do like.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Oh boy, I sure do love how people complain about characters not having a legacy or being "too popular."

Firstly, Smash is a celebration of gaming, both new and old, not just what you grew up with or what you're playing now.

As for the people who want obscure picks and are mad that they aren't DLC - DLC is meant to be sold, so it's just objectively smarter to offer things the most people want to buy.

Even the characters I think were the weakest additions - Kazuya, Byleth, and Min Min - I've had loads of fun with, so open up your horizons more.
"If you don't like it, you have a very narrow mind." I just... yeah, sure. You are enlightened. The people who don't like the same things as you are petty. Because it's a known fact that we humans have total control of our feelings.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, it has to be selective to a point. Both in what is negotiable and reasonable, even if Sora may have bordered on unreasonable since this is Disney we're talking about here. Having a series like Sonic or Mega Man have as many fighters as Mario or Pokemon would be far less likely if just for practical reasons so they tend to just pick a good rep (or two on occasion) and go from there. So by sheer limitations of practicality, it will likely never be what some people think it is. Especially for base newcomers and even potentially veterans which I'm all for. Maybe when it's not DLC we'll get more first party content again.
I never said it didn’t have to be selective. Point is celebration of gaming just isn’t the right term

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
"If you don't like it, you have a very narrow mind." I just... yeah, sure. You are enlightened. The people who don't like the same things as you are petty. Because it's a known fact that we humans have total control of our feelings.
Half the people who whine about the DLC haven't even played the games they come from.

Not to mention they literally told people not to buy the fighters pass if they weren't going to be happy regardless of who got in. If you don't like any characters in them but bought them anyway you've got no one to blame but yourself.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
I mean, I bought the whole pass so I was ensured to have the full game roster once it was completed. Doesn’t mean I have to love every single pick regardless of if I’ve played the games or not. Heck, I wasn’t thrilled with a few of the base roster picks but I still got the game. You’re allowed to spend money and then not feel like all the picks were great.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I never said it didn’t have to be selective. Point is celebration of gaming just isn’t the right term
Never said I disagree with this point. Just kinda going over why the term doesn't fit. Though, going forward, I wonder how they're going to handle the series. There will almost certainly be cuts again, and the "more hype" third parties would be logical realistic choices to cut. Especially as several seem to be more complicated in implementation. I highly doubt Sora will ever be back, and Steve might free up a not insignificant amount of resources by cutting. Guess we'll have to wait and see what the next Smash holds.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Eh, I‘m not gonna play more games I potentially don’t like just to be somehow less blindsided by Smash DLC. If knowing games is only a gateway to having more fun with Smash DLC, that’s the real narrow mindset. I get the characters chosen, I get how I set myself up and I like the characters chosen too but I’d dislike it if this was the direction of Smash from now on.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Half the people who whine about the DLC haven't even played the games they come from.

Not to mention they literally told people not to buy the fighters pass if they weren't going to be happy regardless of who got in. If you don't like any characters in them but bought them anyway you've got no one to blame but yourself.
you know it possiple to be disappointed with characters you like getting in?

Top Bottom