• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Anyone else get screwed?

Valacar

Smash Cadet
Disqualified from singles at Apex because the 9:15 shuttle never showed up, so I missed my pool and thus disqualified. Several people near me also waited for the shuttle that never came. How can they disqualify people who waited for this provided shuttle that never came?

PGHDAD

Smash Rookie
sorry dude, that sucks.

I'm curious if anyone else was disqualified because of transportation issues.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Dabuz got disqualification that threw him into the loser's bracket. Anyone have any idea why he got disqualified?

AlphaQHard

Smash Apprentice
Ouch.

P.S. it's cool that you've played every Smash games and pikachu is your main for all of them. respect.

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
I'm making a documentary outlining all the dumb bull**** that went down at Apex 2015, the preview for which can be found here
http://youtu.be/VLP_r6zvyuc

I have a friend who volunteered to help run some matches, and he had to disqualify some people because their shuttles where so late. He said he really didn't want to, but the shuttles where just too late.

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Me and my cousin had the same problem. 9:15 shuttle. matches at 10:30, figured 45 min drive we get there a half hour early. shuttle arrives at 10:50. We miss our singles, 2 of our friends end up giving us their spots just so we can compete cuz they're amazing. my cousin has his singles and our doubles held till 6.

he speaks with tournament organizers multiple times(every 15 min) from 5:45 till like 8 about how he has to do both singles and doubles and is assured that if he does doubles he can still do singles after without being DQ. We do doubles until we're knocked out, he keeps asking if singles pools are continuing yet, is told no. eventually he finds out that lo and behold, they dq him in singles for not showing up for his 6 o clock makeup bracket time. It's really revealing for how poorly the tournament ran.

Did i mention they chose a 2 star hotel for an international tournament? I really hope they step up their game next year, so much happened and screwed so many players that wasn't the players fault AT ALL.

Top Bottom