• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else feel witch time is much weaker?

horizons889

Smash Apprentice
First off, this is not a complaint thread. I know witch time is a bit over the top. But after the recent patch I feel like it's much weaker. I understand according to the patch notes they only changed startup and ending lag but the duration of it seems much shorter and I find it harder to land those witch time punishes that I was able to do before, for the KO. Maybe it's just the placebo for me but just wanted a clarification.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The slow duration scales half as much with damage as it used to, is penalized much harder for being spammed, and recovers lost duration more slowly.

So no, it isn't placebo.

You're still getting a 3+ second slow off a fresh Witch Time though.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
It's not completely crippling, but yeah it's weaker.

Actually, post 1.1.5 is the only time I've managed to 0-death someone out of Witch Time (Thanks, ledge attack.), so you don't have anything to worry about there! lol

KingCapital

Smash Cadet
NNID
KeeganIsTopTier
The slow duration scales half as much with damage as it used to, is penalized much harder for being spammed, and recovers lost duration more slowly.

So no, it isn't placebo.

You're still getting a 3+ second slow off a fresh Witch Time though.
If I understand what you are saying correctly, the damage scaling has changed in WTime? If this is the case, then I believe you are incorrect. This has not been stated by any Bayonetta player I have seen talking about the nerfs so far. What you might be feeling is the damage nerfs to her smash attacks and her WTwist. Her WTime also lasts shorter but no one has stated exactly how much shorter the time slow is. Other than this, then you are correct on the WTime nerfs. This doesn't really change much if you know what you are doing with the character though.

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
The move is a lot less fun. It sucks but I can understand balance needs to be attained in order to please everyone. I wish the move didn't cancel when bayonetta gets hit. It makes the move almost useless in doubles

Darksydaz

Smash Cadet
NNID
LordDarksydaz
I think the move is fairly balanced... make us Bayo players take considerations as to what we witch time and the best way to approach it so we don't just "Witch Time > Smash > Smash > Smash. And when she was hit in her games Witch time would Drop.. Well in Tag Climax...

Top Bottom