• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else do this chain grab?

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
I hesitate to call this new. If I could figure it out after such a short time playing ICs it's most likely not, but I don't see people doing this. Does anyone out there incorporate this CG in their gameplay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUbDSz64DcU

As I down-throw, I foward smash with nana, then regrab. I do it three times before following up with regular CGs in the vid. It only works at lower percents. As you can see in the vid, I messed up the last one. I think that might be it's limit, but I'm not sure. It might work better/longer on other characters besides MK.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
You can only do it once (maybe twice?), because they'll get out, but it's good at 0 if you happen to get the grab in that spot.

lain

Smash Master
This actually might be really good since you can get on the damage quick by doing dthrows then you'll have enough time past like 40% to start infiniting.

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
This actually might be really good since you can get on the damage quick by doing dthrows then you'll have enough time past like 40% to start infiniting.
Yeah, that's how I was thinking it could be useful.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
i dont think you'd be able to buffer the nana fsmash along with the dash grab without making popo dash attack or something stupid.

just guessing, i havent tried it. i will later today

lain

Smash Master
It's doable. If three are possible (to get to ~45%), then that's a guaranteed infinite from a running grab, and quite an easy one.

swordgard

Smash Hero
You still have to shield holding Z in between, better solo cg all the way to the ledge then reverse solo cg until 40. Shield to shieldrop=free mashouts. Notice how he always shield or grab in between.

lain

Smash Master
Oh. I remember seeing something like that with Bowser. How fast do I have to do it? What are the specifics?

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Oh. I remember seeing something like that with Bowser. How fast do I have to do it? What are the specifics?
It's a simple as dash forward and immediately back and pivot grab, the timing is really strict.

lain

Smash Master
Do I run through them and pivot grab?, or do I do this motion on my controller: (assuming opponent is on right) Down (for dthrow), right, left, right+z. Like I do a mini dashdance in front of them?

B0NK

Smash Lord
Do I run through them and pivot grab?, or do I do this motion on my controller: (assuming opponent is on right) Down (for dthrow), right, left, right+z. Like I do a mini dashdance in front of them?
Yeah, it's like a mini dash dance in front of them, not through them like falco.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
fyi you can instant pivot grab

hold left, cstick right+z

10 frame pivot grab from standstill

r3d d09

Smash Master
i hope it works with sopo. that'd be broken. ha.

i guess i should look at the IC boards more often, and instead of the threads i've subscribed to.

Top Bottom