• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else claw?

redbeanjelly

Smash Cadet
I've asked a couple Ness mains on streams, but I've yet to hear of one that uses a claw grip instead of standard grip. Just wondering - and if I really am the only one, let me be the first to advocate how great it is for Ness. DJC stuff becomes a breeze, and I'm getting more and more consistent with harder stuff like DJC dair OOS and DJC wavedash. If you're a newer player, or you're willing to try new things out, I'd highly recommend giving it a shot.

FamiGrafx

Smash Rookie
I was toying with it the other day because I was really curious about implementing retreating DJC fair but couldn't get to the c stick in time. I think it's great, it only opens up more options without taking any as far as I can tell, but the adjustment is a bit much for me. It's almost like writing with my other hand. And insofar as wanting more c stick, I can just use z jump.
I'm curious to know how other people's control experiments have gone too.

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
I use different controls
R - Jump B - Shield
Y- Special
and I'm experimenting with setting z to footstool, since I can hit both B and A with my thumb to grab

shepdogg

Smash Rookie
I set both y and z to jump, r as up taunt, and x as grab. This let's me be able to jump instantly out of magnet with z and like you said it makes doing djc wavedash actually viable.

Boiko

:drshrug:
I do DJ wavedashes by sliding my finger from y to x. It's an old school melee Samus tech for double missiles on DL and Battlefield.

HarmakPaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
harmak
I do use claw and it is great! There's only one problem I have with it though - your index finger gets worn out more quickly b/c of how often you're using a knuckle to jump/djc/wavedash/etc. It also lets me turn off tap jump since I can do the things that I normally would need it on for if I used standard grip

Top Bottom