Anyone else claw?

I've asked a couple Ness mains on streams, but I've yet to hear of one that uses a claw grip instead of standard grip. Just wondering - and if I really am the only one, let me be the first to advocate how great it is for Ness. DJC stuff becomes a breeze, and I'm getting more and more consistent with harder stuff like DJC dair OOS and DJC wavedash. If you're a newer player, or you're willing to try new things out, I'd highly recommend giving it a shot.

FamiGrafx

Smash Rookie
I was toying with it the other day because I was really curious about implementing retreating DJC fair but couldn't get to the c stick in time. I think it's great, it only opens up more options without taking any as far as I can tell, but the adjustment is a bit much for me. It's almost like writing with my other hand. And insofar as wanting more c stick, I can just use z jump.
I'm curious to know how other people's control experiments have gone too.

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
I use different controls
R - Jump B - Shield
Y- Special
and I'm experimenting with setting z to footstool, since I can hit both B and A with my thumb to grab

shepdogg

Smash Rookie
I set both y and z to jump, r as up taunt, and x as grab. This let's me be able to jump instantly out of magnet with z and like you said it makes doing djc wavedash actually viable.

Boiko

:drshrug:
Premium
I do DJ wavedashes by sliding my finger from y to x. It's an old school melee Samus tech for double missiles on DL and Battlefield.

HarmakPaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
harmak
I do use claw and it is great! There's only one problem I have with it though - your index finger gets worn out more quickly b/c of how often you're using a knuckle to jump/djc/wavedash/etc. It also lets me turn off tap jump since I can do the things that I normally would need it on for if I used standard grip

Top Bottom