• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anybody else get error code 86420 every single time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Ever since I've had the game, whenever I do a "With anyone" match, after about 3 minutes of waiting, it tells me I've either been disconnected from other players, or I've been disconnected from the network and gives me error code 86420.

I called up Nintendo twice, both times they said it's just because of high server traffic, and refused to help me in any other way than to tell me to just wait and keep trying.

So I'm wondering if anybody else has had the problem and was able to fix it or is having the problem and can help. I'm using Nintendo's own Wifi USB Connector, and I checked Nintendo's site, and everything they have for 86420 is for other wifi adapters, so it doesn't really give me any help for the one I bought.

Does anybody know how to solve this or is it actually just the server?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I use a wireless connection but I have the same problem I don't know how to fix it. Even when I tried playing My friend who lives about a mile away and it still did it

l33tduck

Smash Rookie
i get that too, ive tried everything that everyones suggested and nothing works! just leave it for a few days and see what happens...

MochaSkin

Smash Rookie
I believe it's actually a firewall issue with your networks. You aren't going to be able to brawl 80% of the ppl on Smashboards. HOw to fix it? No idea.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I just let Nintendo call me when I had this problem. It could be a series of problems and lots of solutions, so I'd just let Nintendo call you straight up and fixed it in 30 minutes or so.

Don't expect it to NOT happen every time though. If it's constant, then you need to fix your internet.

But it should happen sometimes even after that mainly because of server overloads I think.

BSP

Smash Legend
I get the same code, pretty much every time(1/20 times it lets me on). I called nintendo and did every single troubleshoot. I've tried DMZ, opened ports, disabled firewalls, tried a wired connection, and same code. I can't join many of my friends and can't do basic or team brawl. Nothing worked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom