• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Wishful Thinking Characters?

Is a hot dog a...

• sandwich

• sub

• taco

• wtf is this doing on smashboards

Results are only viewable after voting.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Marina Liteyears from Mischief Makers. She's been my dream since the N64 days. I would kill for any reference to it at all, even a sticker.

nuJack+

Smash Rookie
After playing the latest Kirby? Gooey. Gooey so bad. He would be such a great wtf character.

Also Zant from TP was my main wish back during Brawl and I still think he'd be awesome, but that's never gonna happen at this point.

I know some people think Banjo-Kazooie is not necessarily a "wishful thinking" option, so my 2nd Rare choice would be Conker. That would just be hilarious.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
A hot dog is none of those things, your poll insults me.

Anyway my most wishful thinking newcomers would be Mike Jones, since he's such an old character with no support, and to top it off it was a western only release, so I have no hope at all.

I guess Bonk, the little bald caveman from the old Hudson platformers is another one... Konami owns him now, and they don't do crap with their IPs. Not to mention his new game getting cancelled years ago... Real shame. I feel like he coulda gone the distance like Mario and Sonic, but the localization teams just didn't care and gave things the dumbest names, and then didn't market the series at all.

ArcticKat

Smash Rookie
From King’s Quest, the royal family of Daventry.
King Graham, Queen Valanice, Prince Alexander, and Princess Rosella.
… And Connor could be an assist trophy at best.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Persona 3 protagonist. Even chance of getting any ATLUS character is miniscule but man, it'd great to hear "Mass Destruction" in a reveal trailer.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Dante from devil may cry. Even though there were leaks or I guess hints of him being in smash. I highly doubt him getting in. But just wishful thinking ^~^

Khao

Smash Lord
A hot dog is a hot dog.

And a sub is a sandwich so what the hell is that poll.

Anyway, I know it's a massive impossibility at this point, but I really wish we could get Ridley some day. Sucks to know it's never gonna happen.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
SMT1 Hero with Jack Frost.jpg

A Shin Megami Tensei protagonist would be nice.

Please check out the support thread in my signature. PLEASE.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Someone from Girl's Mode and Urbosa from BOTW con Nintendo we need more females! But anyways, with Link borrowing his BOTW appearance I think that puts a nail in the coffin of every champion getting in. And with Girl's Mode despite it being successful and Nintendo, I think it would be too wtf for the Smash community and the moveset could be hard to make so...

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Prince Fluff from Kirby’s Epic Yarn is my favourite one-off Kirby character and I’d love to see him being a kirby semi-clone utilizing EY’s transformations and grabbing abilities.

Sadly he doesn’t have much support anywhere and with him being a spinoff character he won’t even be playable in Star Allies. Frick.

EDIT: But with Epic Yarn getting an upgraded rerelease for the 3DS next year I can still hope for that Epic Yarn stage that was scrapped during 4’s development.

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
I got 2 of them.

1. Reimu from Touhou.

Touhou's my favorite game series of all time, I'd love to see some rep in Smash.
Now, I explained how high her chances may be on her support thread so I'm not gonna reiterate myself. Bottom line is; I know it's a very long shot, but she's not AS unlikely as many people think. Visit her support thread if you wanna see my full argument **plug plug**
Here's a snippit:
I think some people may be undermining Touhou's popularity a little bit. I don't blame them though, because being in the west really doesn't help you grasp how big this series really is. But Touhou in Japan, and in East Asia as a whole, is not just 'popular', it's almost a PHENOMENON. You can't imagine how popular this **** is around here. Everyone in East Asia who's a fan of Japanese culture, probably heard of Touhou's existence at least once. I'm not exaggerating. (...) This is something I find a little hypocritical in some parts of the western Smash community. They say Shovel Knight or Shantae deserve to get in despite them being very obscure in Japan but then says characters like Reimu can't get in cuz she's too obscure where they live in. (...) I'm not saying that she will get in, I still think it's a very long shot. But, I think many people are undermining her chances a little too much. Let's be honest, if Shovel Knight can make it in as an Assist Trophy, Reimu's chances for at least being in the game, is much, much higher than people may think. She may not get in as a playable fighter, but I'm fairly positive that she might get some recognition.

2. Adeleine from Kirby 64.

She's best girl, probably the purest and the most adorable girl Nintendo has ever produced, and I really really want her in.

However, I'm sad to admit that she actually has zero chance...
If we get a Kirby rep, it's gonna be Bandana Dee no doubt. And even if we somehow manage to get 2 Kirby reps, the second one's gonna be Marx. Her chances seem to be almost slim to none, and that makes me so sad.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Sudowoodo. Or really any WTF Pokemon pick. I get why they choose the most marketed and recognisable Pokemon, but it's kind of a shame as it can be a bit boring and predictable.

D

Deleted member

Well my wishful thinking characters are Kazuya, Aleph, Demi-Fiend, Flynn, and the Strange Joruney Marine-all of which are from SMT.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Henry Fleming from Codename: S.T.E.A.M, a game that Nintendo has probably already forgotten about after how much of a commercial flop it was. I loved it though (one of the best games on the 3DS), and I’d love to see it get represented in Smash.

Last edited:

ThatPikminGuy

Smash Rookie
Any new Pikmin representation. If that is Louie or Plasma Wraith I just want more Pikmin characters in Smash

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Kraid. I know he's more than two stories tall (Official Metroid: Zero Mission Web site), which is ~30 ft., assuming he's 3 stories, rather than 2.1 stories, or 20.67 ft. He was small before.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Doomguy.
I've already accepted it'll never happen, too obscure in Japan.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Celica (if she doesn't get in now, she probably never will), Merric, Caeda, Chandelure, Decidueye, and Henry Fleming. Also Frogger.

Top Bottom