• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips on being good/great in Smash Ultimate?

EDJRMorpheus95

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1525-3312-9039
Hello guys, and as you can see this is my first post in SmashBoards. Anyway, I've been thinking on how to be better in Smash Ultimate. Is there anyone here that can share some great tips for me to become better?

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Play people and learn their habits, then practice working around those habits.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Hello guys, and as you can see this is my first post in SmashBoards. Anyway, I've been thinking on how to be better in Smash Ultimate. Is there anyone here that can share some great tips for me to become better?
Save the games where you lose, and watch them over frame by frame in the video editor. See why you lost, what you're doing wrong. Then, improve on your mistakes. Also, learn everything you can about your main.

AbsyntheMinded

Smash Rookie
Spacing. If there is one thing that will increase your game tenfold, it is spacing. Properly spacing out your attacks is the difference between them punishing your attack or them whiffing.

Secondly, stay away from certain characters. If you really want to learn the game, focus on fundamentals and play characters that heavily rely on those fundamentals to win. I'd stay away from any super small, super fast, combo characters like the Chu's, I just see too many **** players with them online just going HAM. They have no fundamentals, they just run around constantly pressing buttons, relying on being, small and fast. By and large, against bad competition they'll get away with it. But once they start facing better people they get creamed because they never learned to space properly, when to jump and what button is block.

a lot of people suggest a swordie as spacing is their bread and butter (lucina). I agree with it to an extent, although by and large she is still fast and has great hitboxes. However if you don't space your aerials and tilts correctly you'll consistently get grabbed and naired until you learn your lesson.

Top Bottom