• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips on beating Fox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catfoodslvl100puff

Smash Rookie
I've been having a lot of trouble lately against Foxes. I find it hard to play oos because shine is a hard move to beat. Any tips?

Breatheezy

Smash Rookie
Realistically puff should be in the air most of the time if you do whiff a grab or something and get caught in shield imo up smash oos is worth learning but try not to spam...hope this helps in some way.

catfoodslvl100puff

Smash Rookie
Realistically puff should be in the air most of the time if you do whiff a grab or something and get caught in shield imo up smash oos is worth learning but try not to spam...hope this helps in some way.
Hmm, makes sense. But what if shine beats out u-smash, that's how Foxes tend to use shield pressure.

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
Generally you don't want to be in shield, but being on the ground is fine. Pay attention to how early/late the fox is doing his ariels. If he's nairing early, you can CC grab that any day of the week. If he's adapted to your crouch cancel and starts dairing (into a potential grab/shine) then you either want to practice smash DI'ing the drill and punishing him, or take to the skies and forcing him to use other methods. The only way puff has a chance in the fox matchup is if you can reliably make fox guess, as 50/50's in your favor can be devastating. If you notice a fox double jump above you (either before or during shield pressure) wavedash out of shield and fsmash his whiffed landing. This works because after a fox has double jumped, he has almost no ability to drift away from his originally intended location.

catfoodslvl100puff

Smash Rookie
Is there any other ways to avoid a drill? Also, been practicing cc grabs lately but I imagine I am hitting the Z button too early but after I pop back up Puff jabs.

Masondeanm

Smash Cadet
I used to never WD OOS because I though it was bad with Puff. Then I tried it an realized what I had been missing all this time.

catfoodslvl100puff

Smash Rookie
I used to never WD OOS because I though it was bad with Puff. Then I tried it an realized what I had been missing all this time.
WDing OOS is very crucial to playing Puff. Say a Marth tippers you while you are in shield. You proceed to WD OOS and get a grab. Then the 'rest' is up to you.

Melonsismyusername

Smash Apprentice
What the fox did you just foxing say about me, you little floaty? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Spacies, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on MIOM, and I have over 300 confirmed KO’s. I am trained in DK warfare and I’m the top laser camper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fox out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my foxing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, foxer. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spacies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the shine, maggot. The shine that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re foxing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bair. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Melee Scene and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your foxing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re foxing dead, kiddo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom