• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Tips for Using Ice Climbers?

TheBrill

Smash Rookie
I use the Ice Climbers in Melee, but since Wobbling is absent in PM I was wondering what can they do exactly that would garner them potential to use? I know I can use the downthrow to Nana down-air re-grab, but that's about all I know right now. Any advice?

Samwisely

Smash Apprentice
This is all assuming a Popo grab to start, and can lead to regrabs, either on reaction, or by tech chase:

Popo pummel to Nana solo-squall, dthrow to Nana fair spike, Popo dthrow to Nana regrab, back throw to Nana short hop iceblock-reset (personal fav on spacies), dthrow to up tilt (possible to SDI or jump out), fthrow to Nana regrab (useful to push towards ledge), dthrow dair, etc.

Basically, instead of wobbling, I've found that 3-5 regrabs/chain grabs put my opponent at kill percent, towards the ledge for an edgeguard, or trains them to DI out, at which point you get an early fsmash kill.

It'll take more work than wobbling, because you have to mix it up to thwart DIing out and to force missed techs, but it's a lot of fun to use all their tools.

TheBrill

Smash Rookie
This is all assuming a Popo grab to start, and can lead to regrabs, either on reaction, or by tech chase:

Popo pummel to Nana solo-squall, dthrow to Nana fair spike, Popo dthrow to Nana regrab, back throw to Nana short hop iceblock-reset (personal fav on spacies), dthrow to up tilt (possible to SDI or jump out), fthrow to Nana regrab (useful to push towards ledge), dthrow dair, etc.

Basically, instead of wobbling, I've found that 3-5 regrabs/chain grabs put my opponent at kill percent, towards the ledge for an edgeguard, or trains them to DI out, at which point you get an early fsmash kill.

It'll take more work than wobbling, because you have to mix it up to thwart DIing out and to force missed techs, but it's a lot of fun to use all their tools.

Yeah I honestly have a ton of fun with them, being able to utilize their grab game, which now thanks to your post has been maximized. Damn. I didn't know they had all that stuff, I'm going to try out some of those tricks now

Top Bottom