• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Tips for Landing Sing?

SirWoo

Smash Rookie
I haven't found very many good ways to land sing. I only consistently land it when covering get-ups from ledge.

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
Sing has decent horizontal movement when done in a short-hop and then moving the stick in the direction you want to move kinda like a B-Reversal Sing.
When playing on stages with platforms look for openings when your opponent whiffs an aerial and lands on a platform above you.
Also when edgeguarding, try to fake and edge guard when they are recovering high, that will usually force them to use their recovery and then it just a matter of punishing the landing with a Sing.

A simple Sing string that I have pulled consistently against almost every character but the superlight ones is:

- Landing Nair / Fair **
- Run to opponent to F-tilt **
- Run to opponent and punish the roll they use with Sing / Rest.

** Can be teched

Also, if they don't tech and don't roll but instead do a get-up attack, full-hop Sing into them to punish that.
I always go for the Full-hop Sing on get-up attacks since most of them, to my knowledge only have hitboxes on the left and right side but almost never above them so that is a Free Sing.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I have a friend that’s pretty good with Jiggs and he lands sing a lot on tech chases and mostly off punishing rolls. Idk if he uses any combos but he lands it consistently

SirWoo

Smash Rookie
Sing has decent horizontal movement when done in a short-hop and then moving the stick in the direction you want to move kinda like a B-Reversal Sing.
When playing on stages with platforms look for openings when your opponent whiffs an aerial and lands on a platform above you.
Also when edgeguarding, try to fake and edge guard when they are recovering high, that will usually force them to use their recovery and then it just a matter of punishing the landing with a Sing.

A simple Sing string that I have pulled consistently against almost every character but the superlight ones is:

- Landing Nair / Fair **
- Run to opponent to F-tilt **
- Run to opponent and punish the roll they use with Sing / Rest.

** Can be teched

Also, if they don't tech and don't roll but instead do a get-up attack, full-hop Sing into them to punish that.
I always go for the Full-hop Sing on get-up attacks since most of them, to my knowledge only have hitboxes on the left and right side but almost never above them so that is a Free Sing.
Thanks, I'll try some of this stuff.

Love Tap

Smash Cadet
This isn't a very professional answer, but honestly, you won't figure out until you just kinda spam it. Sure, you'll get bodied quite a few matches but that's the best way to do it, in my opinion. Your brain will pick up which spots work and which don't via osmosis. One thing that's worked for me is when you're not guarding the ledge, but you're chasing an opponent to the ledge. 8/10 they're going to roll behind you or jump on the platform just above you.

King Ching

Smash Cadet
I haven't found very many good ways to land sing. I only consistently land it when covering get-ups from ledge.
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Jab Lock Sing, probably Puff's best set up for Sing.

So while attacking with Puff, certain moves can cause opponents to tumble and hit the ground. If the opponent misses the tech on the ground, then puff can run up to them and jab lock them using jab 1, jab 1, and use sing. Its a true combo once you get the timing of the jabs down. You also need to use sing IMMEDIATELY after the jab1. Alternatively, some people just use jab1 then sing and don't use the second jab1.

The following attacks can put opponents into a jab lock situation:

Dash attack (weak)
Dash attack (strong) at low percentages
Nair (weak)
Nair (strong) at low percentages
Fair (strong)
Dair at low percentages
Bair at low percentages
Ftilt
Dtilt

Then Jab1, Jab1, Sing, and Punish with either:
Rest