• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips for clearing event 50?

Yori

Banned via Warnings
So, I'm having a lot of trouble with the 50th event. Some of the others were weird, but this isn't even Smash. I can't even recover when I'm hit by one attack sometimes. Normally I would've given up but FD.
Any tips for this one? I've Googled for a bit, and I didn't find any tactics/characters that worked for me. And I understand the worst has yet to come :o.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
50 is master hands, right?
Ganon is nice, because his upsmash hits them for easy damage, but mostly you need to learn how to evade their attacks. Just have a look at them and try jumps, rolls, shielding and ledge invulnerability (timely grabbing the ledge and then rolling up combines for a long spree of invulnerability.

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
First character I managed to do it with was Samus, then Ganon I think. Make good use of air dodges and ledge invulnerability.

Mysterii

Smash Rookie
Nintendo Power suggests using Ganondorf, but I managed to do it with Captain Falcon seeing that he's faster and lighter, making for more hits to be landed and a better recovery

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
From one Marth main to another, all I can say is keep practicing. Specifically you're aerials. I only managed to beat all 51 events after hours of training.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
And then whenever you get to event 51, my advice is to just use Jiggs. Giga-Bowser's hitbox is so big that you almost always land Rest.

EDIT: *Hurtbox. Took me a third of a year before I realized my mistake lol.

Last edited:

Mysterii

Smash Rookie
And then whenever you get to event 51, my advice is to just use Jiggs. Giga-Bowser's hitbox is so big that you almost always land Rest.
And yet I used Peach and spammed the hell out of her side-B move for massive damage on the villains

FrenkM0J0

Smash Apprentice
I used Sheik, because of her speed. What you need to do is learn the moves that the hands are capable of doing. The way the game makes it easy for you is that it is rather simple to, when you know the moves, which moves are coming. All you need to do then is know how to react. This is where Sheik comes in handy, with her speed. What you can also do, if that doesn't work, is use ganon. His upsmash is amazing in this event match. Make sure you still know how to react to certain moves and don't spam upsmash. Then be ready to retry a lot, and don't get frustrated when it won't work. It took me a few weeks.

Top Bottom