• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Tips Fighting Shulk?

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I find shulk to be a difficult match up as young link. I dont seem able to punish any of his attacks because he's so lagless, and his sword out ranges even my zair. Are there any weakness's or moments of lag somewhere I can exploit.

"Bn"

Smash Cadet
Isle of Wight. It's in England by the way......
Hello! While it is true that his endlag is very small, the startup is some of the worst, leaving him opened to be pressured to fast attacks up close. His aerials are also a huge commitment as he can usually only do one per jump, try to stay well out of his way and harass him with projectiles and punish every wiffed aerial you can. It'll be an uphill battle; Yink has a lot of multi-hit moves and Shulk can just tack on shield art in between hits and even punish you for landing them.

So in summery, keep your distance (more than you would most characters) and apply pressure with projectiles. Don't shield his attacks, if you do, and you'll probably have to when he switches to speed, don't punish unless he spaces poorly, punished wiffed aerials but before he lands. Finally, try and bait out shield art and only try and kill him when it's gone.

Hope I've helped, it's been a while since you asked.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
While he's in his Smash monado art, it also applies to you. Try to use that time to your advantage. You know he'll be going for a smash, so space out with your boomerang, then when he approaches, attack.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Appreciate the help BN and Aqua. That makes alot of sense. Ill be sure to keep my distance though difficult it may be

Top Bottom