• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Smashers in Maine?

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Looking to get a East Coast Tournament started soon, looking to see the Smash fan base near Maine (where I'm located) When at APEX I noticed I was one of the very few from Maine, Where all my Maine Smashers at? Hit me up lets get a tournament going!

MrRyanNess

Smash Cadet
NNID
MiniMarioBros
3DS FC
4554-0840-9499
I'm from Maine and have never been to a tournament. I've never heard of any Smash Bros tournaments in Maine, unfortunately. I'd definitely want to go to one though.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
I'm from Maine and have never been to a tournament. I've never heard of any Smash Bros tournaments in Maine, unfortunately. I'd definitely want to go to one though.
Ya closest one to Maine was Boston pretty much

blaZe Emberheart

Smash Rookie
You've got one Maine smasher right here. Me, 3 of my friends and a sister play Project M, and I live with Solar, who has communication with the Dazwa and a couple others. Funny to see this posted so recently, as I was just about to ask the same question, but more for PM specifically.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
You've got one Maine smasher right here. Me, 3 of my friends and a sister play Project M, and I live with Solar, who has communication with the Dazwa and a couple others. Funny to see this posted so recently, as I was just about to ask the same question, but more for PM specifically.
Ya, I'm wanting to get a good tournament here in Maine, I use to run a pretty good one in Cali back when I lived there, nothing wrong with PM, Im just really loving Sm4sh

MrRyanNess

Smash Cadet
NNID
MiniMarioBros
3DS FC
4554-0840-9499
I play Melee and Smash 4. Mainly Smash 4 because it has online. I would rather play SSBM though.

Last edited:

MrRyanNess

Smash Cadet
NNID
MiniMarioBros
3DS FC
4554-0840-9499
O Hi Blaze.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
I play Melee and Smash 4. Mainly Smash 4 because it has online. Melee is great because unlike the other games, it does not award defensive play very much.
Melee is what got me into competitive smash when I was a teenager, brawl had me over for a lil till PM , and now 95% is Sm4sh

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
You should add me, I'm on all the time for some friendlies (NNID:ZomBiehnU)

MrRyanNess

Smash Cadet
NNID
MiniMarioBros
3DS FC
4554-0840-9499
Do you own a Wii U? I don't play 3DS Smash 4 as much anymore.

MrRyanNess

Smash Cadet
NNID
MiniMarioBros
3DS FC
4554-0840-9499
I recently got a adapter for the GameCube controller, (obviously not the official Nintendo one because it's $69) Been trying to get used to playing Smash 4 with it, I was playing it with a pro controller before which honestly isn't that great for Smash Bros.

Last edited:

MrRyanNess

Smash Cadet
NNID
MiniMarioBros
3DS FC
4554-0840-9499
Nice mystery dungeon pic btw. Explorers of Time is so guude.

Stake

Smash Cadet
I am in the Bangor area but I would totally go to most places in Maine for a tourney.

ChucklesOnIce

Smash Rookie
NNID
The8thNeedle
3DS FC
4511-0874-4028
Just made an account to answer this, if it's considered a bump, sorry.

I'm from Maine as well. I mostly play Smash 4 and would definitely play Brawl, but it's become difficult for me to play PM anymore due to the lack of input buffer. I want to come back, but it's become difficult to readjust.

I'm an acquaintance of BlaZe's, and live a walk's distance from his place. If anyone wants to meet up over a weekend some time, feel free to contact me.

MrRyanNess

Smash Cadet
NNID
MiniMarioBros
3DS FC
4554-0840-9499
Just made an account to answer this, if it's considered a bump, sorry.

I'm from Maine as well. I mostly play Smash 4 and would definitely play Brawl, but it's become difficult for me to play PM anymore due to the lack of input buffer. I want to come back, but it's become difficult to readjust.

I'm an acquaintance of BlaZe's, and live a walk's distance from his place. If anyone wants to meet up over a weekend some time, feel free to contact me.
Want to play some For Glory online?

MrRyanNess

Smash Cadet
NNID
MiniMarioBros
3DS FC
4554-0840-9499
Idk why I said For Glory... I meant just play a couple matches

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
There's a group up in the Bangor area who every 2-3 months or so runs a multi-game tournament that usually features Smash in some capacity (Melee, Sm4sh, and PM are the ones they typically run). They also run SF4, Injustice, and a few others as well. They don't always run their events in Bangor (sometimes Waterville, one time as far south as Biddeford), but that's their home area. They're on Facebook as a group named "The Maine Fighting Gamers Alliance".

That's about all I know as far as Maine tournaments go. I think there's a weekly or two in Portland, but it's more practice and less tournament. New Hampshire (closer than MA, at least) just started running a PM weekly on Sunday, too.

Ossan

Smash Rookie
Another Mainer here, is there a FB page or something? I would love to play some people once I get back home from school in VT for the summer. I only play Melee right now but i'm not opposed to learning Project M

MrRyanNess

Smash Cadet
NNID
MiniMarioBros
3DS FC
4554-0840-9499
Zombiehn there is a tournament that consists of Project M, Smash 4 and Melee that will take place on the 23rd in South Port;land, there's like more than 50 people who said they are going

Xpect

Smash Cadet
I recently moved to Maine, and live in Madawaska. Im looking for some smash competitive practice, hmu on here for sm4sh or brawl

MrRyanNess

Smash Cadet
NNID
MiniMarioBros
3DS FC
4554-0840-9499
I recently moved to Maine, and live in Madawaska. Im looking for some smash competitive practice, hmu on here for sm4sh or brawl
the scene has migrated to Maine Sm4sh facebook page. There are now two weekly tournaments in Maine, and other tournies like BASED, gaME, MCG and Waterville Smash Attack 4 which get 30-50+ entrants.
maine sm4sh facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/922659227818584/?fref=ts
WhoDoYouMaine which uploads several maine tournament vods: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpJ2ozp7MVrDWWb_rvfiMoA
Maine Smash 4 official PR: http://imgur.com/ud8bJCJ
Maine PM official PR: http://imgur.com/Q9QE3hA

Last edited:

PookieJ

Smash Rookie
We put on two tournaments a month for PM and Melee in Bangor, Maine. The next one is December 2nd and we're called Project Maine Reboot. Come smash with Maine's best and have a blast!

Top Bottom