• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Smash Scenes in South East Asia?

rupan

Smash Cadet
Hello,

I am quite new to the smash community and since I live in South East Asia I was wondering if there are any smash scenes in South East Asia at all. I have poked around Facebook and couldn't seem to find anything close.

But it doesn't have to be anything in real life, any communities online that use netplay will do. I just don't want have to deal with all this lag when playing with people who live in America/Europe and such.

EmptyNess

Smash Cadet
might be able to netplay japanese or chinese players beyond that you might need to take it upon yourself to start the thai melee scene

rupan

Smash Cadet
might be able to netplay japanese or chinese players beyond that you might need to take it upon yourself to start the thai melee scene
I really like the idea of starting a melee scene here, hopefully theres enough people nearby that enjoy the game as much as I do

EmptyNess

Smash Cadet
I really like the idea of starting a melee scene here, hopefully theres enough people nearby that enjoy the game as much as I do

you're going to kind of need to seed the scene slowly. get friends involved casually, then shown them the cool **** good players do, then start running free scrub tournaments, advertise at local high schools and universities

rupan

Smash Cadet
you're going to kind of need to seed the scene slowly. get friends involved casually, then shown them the cool **** good players do, then start running free scrub tournaments, advertise at local high schools and universities
I don't know if this'll work but once I get everything ready I'll try to get people into it, some of my friends have agreed to play and are willing to try it so I might be getting somewhere already but let's see how it turns out.

rupan

Smash Cadet
Alright so here's the thing, I'll try to get people into smash and if enough people get into it, I'll try to host free tourneys at high schools and stuff like that. I heard that the minimum amount of people in a tourney is 6 people, maybe thats a good place to start, I've done some research and a 6-person tourneys (with best of 3) end in around 90 minutes so thats cool.

hopefully I can find more CRT's, Wii's/GC's and copies of Melee

JPurch

Smash Rookie
Hey, I am in Thailand for the year until October. I am from America I've been playing for a couple years, and I would definitely be interested in playing with you if you are starting a scene up
Hello,

I am quite new to the smash community and since I live in South East Asia I was wondering if there are any smash scenes in South East Asia at all. I have poked around Facebook and couldn't seem to find anything close.

But it doesn't have to be anything in real life, any communities online that use netplay will do. I just don't want have to deal with all this lag when playing with people who live in America/Europe and such.

rupan

Smash Cadet
Hey, I am in Thailand for the year until October. I am from America I've been playing for a couple years, and I would definitely be interested in playing with you if you are starting a scene up

Sounds awesome! Unfortunately ever since I started this thread I have been trying to make a scene and I've only gotten 2 other people to start playing the game (hopefully I will get more) so I wouldn't call it a scene by any means but I am definitely interested to play with you, I'm just unfamiliar with how I would go about meeting up with people to play.

Pauer

The Pauerful
I've been in Thailand for the past 3 weeks but I didn't have any time to meet up or play over netplay so I didn't reach out to you.
I'll probably return next year either in February or over Christmas, so maybe we can arrange a meetup then. I'll stay near Rayong and will be in Bangkok too for at least a couple of days.

rupan

Smash Cadet
I've been in Thailand for the past 3 weeks but I didn't have any time to meet up or play over netplay so I didn't reach out to you.
I'll probably return next year either in February or over Christmas, so maybe we can arrange a meetup then. I'll stay near Rayong and will be in Bangkok too for at least a couple of days.
Although Rayong is quite far from where I live (Phuket Island) we might have to resort to using netplay. Nevertheless I hope I can get a chance to play you when you come back to Thailand!

TO¥ED

Smash Rookie
My parents own a small bungalow resort in Krabi where we can fit around 12 people. No one has to pay for the stay just the food. If anyone is stopping by Krabi anytime message me and we can play some smash. I'm also friends with rupan so I can also bring him along to play.

Pauer

The Pauerful
That's really cool! I'll shoot you guys a message once I know more about my trip, which will be in around 6+ months. I hope we can work something out since it sounds great!

Top Bottom