• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

any real uses for up-air?

Upke

Smash Journeyman
You can use it on floaty characters when they are above you because they won't be able to punish. Additionally, it's a much better kill move on floaties than it is on fastfallers. SH upair hits the top platform on some stages like YS.

D

Deleted member

Sometimes you can uair after a uthrow or a dthrow if you know where they're going to DI

Its pretty because in some versions of melee you can get the fire explosion, but without the hitbox actually showing up.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Its pretty because in some versions of melee you can get the fire explosion, but without the hitbox actually showing up.
Ironically, you can get the exact opposite in brawl. It's possible to hit with the hitbox, but have no explosion appear. But it's like, a one frame window. < , <

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
It's a guaranteed punish, it has nothing to do with how telegraphed it is... lol

Unless you're saying that the full hopped aerials would be telegraphed, which is one way of putting it, or maybe I'm just god tier at reading. Matter of perspective.

Zone

Smash Champion
It's a guaranteed punish, it has nothing to do with how telegraphed it is... lol

Unless you're saying that the full hopped aerials would be telegraphed, which is one way of putting it, or maybe I'm just god tier at reading. Matter of perspective.
Ya I'm saying the full hopped aerials are telegraphed. as in they should only be doing full hop nairs against people who don't have disjointed or good upward attack, to get in over your good horizontal attack. Like what they do against Jigglypuff.

I'm saying there is hardly ever a reason for a fox to full hop approach a zelda haha.

I was partially joking as well :p

Top Bottom