• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Project M 3.6 Links to Watch and Analyze for Reference?

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying to find a 3.6 Link to watch for a while now to see if I'm doing something right with the character, but there doesn't seem to be many making headlines in the community, aside from Hero of Time, who's as much an anomaly as Zhime (What is with these players who are super good with their characters and having like no videos for reference at all?).

Any suggestions for me?

Beorn

Smash Journeyman
Hero of time\Red1- Widely considered the best Link in project M. Places well and big tournaments and wins matchups with players and characters he probably shouldn't considering his character. He is in south florida and it's easy to find matches with him. He's also a really chill guy.

E2xD- A good link in his own right and very easy to get ahold of on Anthers netplay ladder, as he is heavily invovled in netplay builds and very kindly helps with troubleshooting. He resides in Virginia.

Sol- Don't know much able him personally but he is the resident Link on smashing grounds. There are quite a few matches up of him.

NinjaLink- Don't know if he plays anymore. I know he plays smash4 though. He was a very notable link back in the 3.02 days.

Munk-e- Another florida native. Can be found on netplay.

The truth is, not many good players play Link. He is not considered a good character. That and this game is not hugely popular. You are lucky we have HOT and his many many videos up in the big tournaments he's gone to and the SouthfloridaProjectM scenes weeklies on youtube.

Last edited:

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
Thanks!

Yeah, NinjaLink doesn't play PM anymore. He went Zelda during the early days of 3.5 before dropping it entirely. It's very sad.

Thor

Smash Champion
Thanks!

Yeah, NinjaLink doesn't play PM anymore. He went Zelda during the early days of 3.5 before dropping it entirely. It's very sad.

I am definitely a step below the Links listed above (or several), but "Thor vs Oven PM" will turn up a few of decent matches of Link vs Yoshi, Peach, and/or Charizard (Be sire to check the date to make sure it is 3.6). There are other sets I play as well on the channel, the Smashing Illini, vs a variety of players.

I am not terribly technical and admittedly can play quite poorly in MUs I lack experience in (although sometimes I also make it work just fine), but I have glidetoss dair bomb jumping down decently (not perfect yet), so you'look see that put to some use, and I like to think I zone and combo decently enough.

By all means ignore this or sample a video and decide to ignore it, but you might like what you see, and there are several videos of me from this year in a variety of MUs.

If you could let me know if the videos were/were not worth your time, that would be appreciated.

JesteRace

Smash Journeyman
All the Links posted above are good. I would add a recommendation for Blue. He's won/placed at several tourneys in the azprojectmelee scene. His tech skill begins and ends with L-canceling, but dude knows his ****.

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
If you want a recommendation, look at Red X. He's a norcal Link, I think one of the only ones out here. Not too sure how much help it gives, but give him a look. Pretty Solid overall. Good player to look at fundamentally.

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4
All the Links posted above are good. I would add a recommendation for Blue. He's won/placed at several tourneys in the azprojectmelee scene. His tech skill begins and ends with L-canceling, but dude knows his ****.
Well considering how he has been playing for less than a year, its understandable, man can adapt to anything in every situation

Last edited:

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah man, Blue was out here and so was Hero of Time for Final Boss. An exceptional couple of players. I'll never think link is as bad as the general opinion tries to imply as long as there are dedicated mains that will always show up, and show out.

JesteRace

Smash Journeyman
FinalBOSS didn't really make the best case for Link, tbh, but overall I'm still optimistic as well.

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
FinalBOSS didn't really make the best case for Link, tbh, but overall I'm still optimistic as well.
Yeah, not placing wise, but they still put on a really strong display that shows the potential in the character. and HoT was my pool captain. Dude was insane. I almost got him game one, then game 2 I got 4 stocked lol.

Top Bottom