• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any one have a Secert Melee Character?

DarriusRarius

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
BJKZ#559
Switch FC
SW-6751-4148-3415
I got Banjo For Getting 100000 Kills In Cruel Melee
& Villager (Animal Forest) I Got on my Japanese Copy For Playing 100000000 vs Matches

Last edited:

Lioncache

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
LION#321
i got chun li by beating all of the break the target stages, but you need to entering the konami code and wavedash and waveland once on every stage. if you do it more than once it won't work. it's very precise but easy to do once you get it a few times.

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
i got toad by shooting every name in the credits. just kidding i lied but i did what you two said and it worked

Fred Sanford IV

Banned via Warnings
i unlocked dixie kong after playing 500 vs. matches with donkey kong on the jungle japes map

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
my uncle works at Nintendo and he said that if you get a cease and desist for playing an illegal copy of Melee, and then you defend yourself in court and win, you will unlock Phoenix Wright

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I unlocked Sonic and Tails by 100%-ing Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, having the Sonic theme on for SA2B's menu, 100%-ing all four Sonic GBA games using the Game Boy Player, and leaving my Gamecube on for a week.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I unlocked Skull Kid after clearing Classic Mode, Adventure Mode and All Star Mode on Very Hard with all characters getting every bonus in the game through each of the characters' run. That's right, unlocking Skull Kid is like trying to unlock the Diskun trophy 75 times.

i unlocked dixie kong after playing 500 vs. matches with donkey kong on the jungle japes map
OMG! I found a video of someone unlocking Dixie in Melee:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
So here's a true story... Me and my brother, gonna call him Ty The Tasmanian Tiger for this, were playing Super Smash Bros. Melee. We both decided to play Ness on Fourside, but then mom called for dinner so we left it on and continued.

Me and Ty The Tasmanian Tiger realized we accidentally left the Gamecube on for 10,000 hours and 34 minutes, but after we finished the battle we unlocked Lucas!!!!

Unfortunately I don't have a Gamecube anymore, sold it to get a Wii.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So here's a true story... Me and my brother, gonna call him Ty The Tasmanian Tiger for this, were playing Super Smash Bros. Melee. We both decided to play Ness on Fourside, but then mom called for dinner so we left it on and continued.

Me and Ty The Tasmanian Tiger realized we accidentally left the Gamecube on for 10,000 hours and 34 minutes, but after we finished the battle we unlocked Lucas!!!!

Unfortunately I don't have a Gamecube anymore, sold it to get a Wii.
So you're telling me you unlocked Earthbound 64 Lucas in Melee? That's sick.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, which makes a lot of sense. I was extremely confused on why he looked so different in Brawl and upward.
You remember which stage he came with? Was it a location that already existed in the GBA version of Mother 3 or was it a location cut out completely from the final version?

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
You remember which stage he came with? Was it a location that already existed in the GBA version of Mother 3 or was it a location cut out completely from the final version?
It was a long time ago, but from my memory I don't think he had a stage. Maybe they thought since there was already 2 Earthbound stages, Lucas didn't need another... That, or I just didn't unlock it (after all, I only just found out Kongo Jungle was in melee after, like a decade, because I never had it)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I unlocked Goku for doing 9001 vs matches
But I thought playing 9000 matches would unlock Nappa instead. Hmm... If I recall correctly, to unlock Goku, I think you have to beat everything in the game and unlock everything without getting hit once. That's right, you have to play a 100% speedrun of Melee without getting hit once or else the game will eraise Goku from the game forever. Or maybe that's Cell's unlock method since you have to obtain perfection to achieve him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom