• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any insight on input lag? (smash 4 vs smash ultimate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronteller11

Smash Rookie
This is kind of a dealbreaker for me getting a switch. The level of input lag on smash 4 made it unplayable for me. Is it any better or about the same? I didn’t have a lan adapter for Wii U and plan on getting one for the switch, I don’t think it should make too much of a difference though. Thoughts?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
It's not too different for me but I've been playing online religiously since Brawl so I've pretty much had experience with every lag situation you can imagine. If I had to rank them I'd say Brawl is still the laggiest on average with smash 4 less so by 75 percent and ultimate even less so by about 20 percent. But your mileage may vary obviously since some people report they get nothing but lag matches.

ronteller11

Smash Rookie
It's not too different for me but I've been playing online religiously since Brawl so I've pretty much had experience with every lag situation you can imagine. If I had to rank them I'd say Brawl is still the laggiest on average with smash 4 less so by 75 percent and ultimate even less so by about 20 percent. But your mileage may vary obviously since some people report they get nothing but lag matches.
But the thing was smash 4 I had consistent matches but the input lag was what made it hard. Is the input lag you get for smash ultimate online anywhere near what you get for offline?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
But the thing was smash 4 I had consistent matches but the input lag was what made it hard. Is the input lag you get for smash ultimate online anywhere near what you get for offline?
Not so far. In 4 if the match had any input lag it was usually a whole second delay from button press to action and it stayed that way the whole match. In ultimate what seems to happen is if you press a button, nothing happens so your character just sits there for that frame of the fight. But even this is rare at least for me. It could also be that the joycons aren't the ideal size for using them like wiichuck combo which is my preferred controller setup. God I wish they'd make the wiichuck compatible again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom