• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any idea on his voice?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Any idea on how he'll sound in this game, it's hard to hear in what footage there is, should be new voice clips right? Or his Melee ones at least now that it's Oot Ganondorf

BTW, loving the design change

KingDoop

Smash Cadet
from what I could barely hear his voice sounded a lot deeper than in Smash 4

Culex

Smash Rookie
Well I heard some voice samples during gameplay that refered to Ocarina of Time Ganons voice. Fitting, because this time we got OoT Ganon again. It might be his Melee voice actor. Maybe someone here played Smash Ultimate at E3 in a less noisy environment so they can confirm or deconfirm this.

I am so in love with this throwback to OoT Ganondorf. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who was sick of Twilight Princess Ganondorf.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Takashi Nagasako truly is voicing Ganondorf again, it would feel extremely disrespectful knowing that his voice clips for Donkey Kong aren't being used.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I'm sure his voice clips for DK will be used in Smash Ultimate... for Ganondorf.

I Like Link

Smash Rookie
It's definitely his original Oot/WW voice actor, Takashi Nagasako, with newly recorded voice clips. He's been doing modern DK's voice for years so it makes sense that they would have him return for Ganondorf.

I Like Link

Smash Rookie
Here is a fight featuring him with little to no background noise interfering:

Consider yourself lucky guys, this is the first uninterrupted direct audio video I've seen, and it happens to feature our boy Ganondorf, which we all desperately wanted to hear the voice of clearly. Awesome!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Consider yourself lucky guys, this is the first uninterrupted direct audio video I've seen, and it happens to feature our boy Ganondorf, which we all desperately wanted to hear the voice of clearly. Awesome!
It's not the first I've seen. Mario Party Legacy and Nintendo World report TV have good audio, but I think Ganondorf was only in one match and it had 4 players so there was a lot of noise.

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
Despite how lacking the performance of this Ganon was( dude got most of his kills through Items), I have to say, I' m overall very impressed with the quality of the sound design and voice clips(Ganon's voice sounds deeper than I expected, considering his younger, leaner aesthetic, but I'll take this voice anyday over his raspy death rattle like tone from Smash4 xp) in general.

The particle/visual effect are a Sight to behold as well, though I'm not sure how difficult it's going to be to distinguish/tell what's going on in free 4 all under these factors. Well no matter, Idc for those anyway, so as long as Ganon will no longer be designed with 3 4 all in mind ( which at some point was the excuse for moves like warlock punch and volcano kick, which for my money just tells me, yeah you should just go and quit if that's your design-mentality), I'm very happy with the way things are looking, especially considering that Ganon arguably benefits the most from pro/for glory no items setting with it's 1.25 damage modifier ^_^

Last edited:

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
This thread got me thinking, do you think TP Ganon's voice is the way it is because he got stabbed in the lungs? In the game there's even a moment where he wheezes.

I Like Link

Smash Rookie
It's not the first I've seen. Mario Party Legacy and Nintendo World report TV have good audio, but I think Ganondorf was only in one match and it had 4 players so there was a lot of noise.
Well thanks for that, I'm gonna go check it out.

Despite how lacking the performance of this Ganon was( dude got most of his kills through Items), I have to say, I' m overall very impressed with the quality of the sound design and voice clips(Ganon's voice sounds deeper than I expected, considering his younger, leaner aesthetic, but I'll take this voice anyday over his raspy death rattle like tone from Smash4 xp) in general.

The particle/visual effect are a Sight to behold as well, though I'm not sure how difficult it's going to be to distinguish/tell what's going on in free 4 all under these factors. Well no matter, Idc for those anyway, so as long as Ganon will no longer be designed with 3 4 all in mind ( which at some point was the excuse for moves like warlock punch and volcano kick, which for my money just tells me, yeah you should just go and quit if that's your design-mentality), I'm very happy with the way things are looking, especially considering that Ganon arguably benefits the most from pro/for glory no items setting with it's 1.25 damage modifier ^_^
Yeah I didn't care at all that the Ganondorf player was absolutely terrible, I've already seen other videos of good Ganondorf players, I was just really eager to hear his new voice clips clearly. It's hard to believe I initially thought they were using the original voice clips the first day Ultimate was revealed, it sounds vastly different. I would say I prefer it to so sound more like his Oot/Melee voice or even his WW voice, but I'm still really happy it's not the TP voice anymore and that it's probably his original voice actor. They probably went further with a filter for his voice to make it sound more evil. It reminds me a lot of Phantom Ganon, Iron Knuckles, and the Dark Nuts from Wind Waker. I wonder if he voiced them all.
So far I've seen Ganondorf dominating in free for all matches, if he's in any of them he's likely to win. Probably due to his ridiculous smash attacks with their range and power. I hope he's still viable in 1 v 1 as well.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So far I've seen Ganondorf dominating in free for all matches, if he's in any of them he's likely to win. Probably due to his ridiculous smash attacks with their range and power. I hope he's still viable in 1 v 1 as well.
We :ike: bois.

Last edited:

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf sounds like Principal Lewis from American Dad. I can't stop hearing it, and I hope you all can't stop now too.

Top Bottom