• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any good videos or guides solely for PSI Magnet?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I’ve been using PSI magnet a ton this game and I love it but I don’t think I’m getting the most out of it. Are there any particular videos or guides solely on using PSI Magnet? I’m especially interested in combos and follow ups off of PSI Magent

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I’ve been seeing a lot of PSI Magnet to Bair? Is that a true combo? I can’t seem to get it to count on the combo counter but maybe I’m just inputting too slow. I’ve also seen people use PSI Magnet in the middle of combo to extend them. Is all of this mostly freestyle? I really wanna learn some PSI Magnet combos and combo extenders (they don’t have to be true as long as they work)

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
You can B-Reverse PK magnet to turn yourself around. It's a good way to flip around for a Bair without having to land first. Magnet to falling or rising Fair is a pretty reliable move, and if you land Fair before the knockback hit it's basically a free grab. I tend to use it as part of a mixup more than an actual combo hit. Magnet stall to PK fire is really great at low altitudes because aerial PK fire has very little endlag if you land right after.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
You can B-Reverse PK magnet to turn yourself around. It's a good way to flip around for a Bair without having to land first. Magnet to falling or rising Fair is a pretty reliable move, and if you land Fair before the knockback hit it's basically a free grab. I tend to use it as part of a mixup more than an actual combo hit. Magnet stall to PK fire is really great at low altitudes because aerial PK fire has very little endlag if you land right after.
These kind of things are exactly what I’m looking for. I’m definitely going to put all these into practice today. People aren’t gonna respect or expect the bair out of PSI Magnet and I bet that will net me a lot of kills. The PK Fire seems really effective too and on top of that can mess up the opponents timing. I’ve also been using it with fairs and kind of freeform more and more and it’s actually made my Ness noticeably better

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I learned most of the PK magnet shenanigans, stallouts, etc. by watching FOW, Awestin, and Bestness. Just keep hitting back arrow to skip 5 seconds back each time I see them do something interesting and I pick it apart until I understand it.

Aerial PK fire is REALLY good. If you SH fade away PK fire an approaching opponent, not only will you hit them or force a shield, but you can act right away when you land.

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Honestly I learned most of the PK magnet shenanigans, stallouts, etc. by watching FOW, Awestin, and Bestness. Just keep hitting back arrow to skip 5 seconds back each time I see them do something interesting and I pick it apart until I understand it.

Aerial PK fire is REALLY good. If you SH fade away PK fire an approaching opponent, not only will you hit them or force a shield, but you can act right away when you land.
Oh I definitely already know that. And I learned most of them the same way too I just wanted to see if anybody complied a list of particular uses. That wouldn’t make sense though it’s a freestyle type move for sure (I mean Ness is a freestyle type character which I LOVE about him)

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I just saw this video of Bestness doing just what you were talking about - first thing in the game he uses Magnet to combo and also to revers into Bair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B44_vrQajs
Yeah I’ve seen that one, he does it all the time. I don’t think it’s a true combo but it sure as hell works. I think Bestness is definitely best with the PSI Magnet right now. He does some crazy **** and uses to combo and offensively better than anyone else I’ve seen.

Last edited:

Ghostface steel

Smash Rookie
Pardon my noobness but what is b reverse magnet and how do you do it? Haha

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Pardon my noobness but what is b reverse magnet and how do you do it? Haha
Ok so you basically just do PSI Magnet and immediately tap your stick in the other direction so you’ll PSI Magnet but be facing the other way so you can bair right away. It’s the same concept as doing something like a Falcon Punch or Samus charge shot and turning the other way while doing it

Ghostface steel

Smash Rookie
Ok so you basically just do PSI Magnet and immediately tap your stick in the other direction so you’ll PSI Magnet but be facing the other way so you can bair right away. It’s the same concept as doing something like a Falcon Punch or Samus charge shot and turning the other way while doing it
Sweet thanks gonna work on that!

kraw23

Smash Apprentice
Also keep in mind - you can b reverse (nearly) all special moves, PK Fire pushes you back slightly in this game so b reversing it can be a decent fake out. Also with some Up Bs you need to be facing the ledge (Peach, Ike) or you won't grab it, so B reversing it is really important sometimes. Check out the Beefy Smash Dudes channel on youtube for a tutorial!

-Saltyclams-

Smash Rookie
I’ve been seeing a lot of PSI Magnet to Bair? Is that a true combo? I can’t seem to get it to count on the combo counter but maybe I’m just inputting too slow. I’ve also seen people use PSI Magnet in the middle of combo to extend them. Is all of this mostly freestyle? I really wanna learn some PSI Magnet combos and combo extenders (they don’t have to be true as long as they work)
its true as long as you b reverse the move but that's only for kills i think a better option would be magnet falling u-air as it has ficked knockback and cant lead into grabs uptilts and jabs

-Saltyclams-

Smash Rookie
I’ve been using PSI magnet a ton this game and I love it but I don’t think I’m getting the most out of it. Are there any particular videos or guides solely on using PSI Magnet? I’m especially interested in combos and follow ups off of PSI Magent
those don't really exist sorry i think its better to just analyze the vods of players like best ness or awestin and see how they use it

Top Bottom