• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any good Mario combo's (Other than down-throw into up-tilt)

|Czar|

Smash Rookie
Up-throw to up-smash appears to be a true combo on both Captain Falcon and ZSS at 0% (I'm not sure if rage affects this set-up). I haven't tested this on every character yet, but it doesn't work on the majority of the cast. This set-up can definitely lead into more potential follow-ups on both Falcon and ZSS.

WaffleSenpai

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3179-6596-3895
It seems like you can do the usual down throw>up tilt combo but instead of up tilt go for up smash THEN string it into up tilts. Not sure if its a true combo because atm i'm only able to test it on CPUs but it worked on a level 9 Mario and it didn't seem that he could get out of it unless he did a nair but that's kinda it's purpose to be a combo breaking move.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
The down throw->u-air->f-air kill combo. Percentage/rage and character specific but very satisfying to pul off.
(That Mario is me btw)

Elcheer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Elcheer
3DS FC
4742-8083-5677
Dthrow to Nair to Jab Lock to whatever may work at around 50, depending on character.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Didn't see this mentioned but on certain characters (don't have a list) on like 0 or low percents Up throw>dair>bair or fair or uair(depending on which way your opponent goes). Its a pretty fun combo at earlier percents.

Darrman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darrman
3DS FC
4785-6377-6170
At 0%, I like going for dthrow-jab. It works fairly well. If you can somehow grab Sheik, it works on her form 0 to 40 not allowing for DI. It doesn't lead very well for followups, though.

|Czar|

Smash Rookie
Not sure if Mario mains already know this, but at mid-high percentages, Mario is able to d-throw to bair on many, if not, all characters. It registers as a true combo on someone like Sheik, for instance. It has to be executed quickly, though, otherwise the opponent can either air dodge the bair or jump out before the bair hits.

Also, at 0%, if done quickly, Mario can f-throw to dash attack, which apparently registers as a true combo against characters like Palutena. This most likely won't work against floaty characters, though. I suppose this set-up can be useful in putting you in a good position for juggling opportunities.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Pulled off this nifty combo yesterday in a doubles match.

Red_Luigi

Smash Rookie
at ~0% (not true)
dthrow - utilt(x2)(2nd utilt will not land if charcter is too light or too high rage) - regrab if no di/jumps
after this you can fthrow dash attack fair, because if they got regrabbed, they either have a heavy, or ass di.
or do another dthrow - utilt(1x or 2x depending on their character) - jump - upair - upair(if no di or fastfall)/backair(if di behind)/nair (if di in in front)
at ~20% (if they have ass di + near center of stage)
fthrow - dash attack - fair(if the combo started too close to the middle of the stage, and if they have good enough vertical recovery, they will not die, so you could go for the disrespect(go down w/ them and fair again), or replace the fair w/ cape/nair.)
at ~40-~70% (not true if they di away)
dthrow - shorthop fair (if they di away, they wont get hit. the airdodge doesn't come out fast enough.)
90-130% (not true can airdodge, but only few frames)
dthrow - fullhop fair

Wow... lots of mario combos are set up w/ grab .-.

bob0912

Smash Rookie
At high percent, try down throw into fair at the ledge. (Definitely not true)

Top Bottom