• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Fox Tips, Tricks or Tactics?

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Any tips? Fox is my main and I have good offense, but I need some defense tactics besides slow-falling by spamming reflector. Also some better offensive ideas would also really help =D

I need help approaching. I think you can dash-dance or use Fox Illusion to string combos, but I hear dash-dancing sucks in Brawl due to tripping.

Any tips? Thanks

Edit: I know about short-hop-lasers, but They don't seem to work for me as Foxes laser doesn't make the enemy flinch as everyone knows

Jet300

Smash Ace
Instant Aerial Illusion (IaI)

How to perform: as soon as Fox jumps do illusion immediately and he will land on the ground to reduce landing lag.

Input: Dash towards ledge>Jump before you reach it>And illusion towards the stage.
What can it be set up for: Utilt, Upsmash, Dair, and Boost pivot grabs.

What is it used for: IaI helps as a good escape option.

Shine Hopping

How to perform: When a projectile hit fox shine, it gives you a few options you can do during shine: Hop, spotdodge, roll, or stay.

Lasering out shine is important and have to learn it.

Learning this Technique in helpful in the falco and mario macth up.

You can't shine hop Olimar's pikmin and snake's missle and motor part hit of his upsmash.

Grab Release>Upsmash
How to perform: Grab someone and pummel Immediately before they land and it force an air release only on certain characters.

Here the characters that you can perform an air release on:
Meta Knight
Sopo
Pikachu
Squitle
Ness
Lucas(You can chain grab them regulary)
GnW
Yoshi(It takes very strict timing to perform it on yoish)

Air release is very helpful and can set up to an upsmash

Bananas Combos and Tricks

Fox's jump cancle toss is helpful in the diddy macth up

Here are some combos:
JC toss> Upsmash
JC toss> Skid grab
JC toss> Boost pivot grab
JC down toss> turn around grab> pummel> Bthrow
JC down toss> turn around grab> pummel> Fthrow
JC down toss> turn around grab> pummel> Dthrow
JC down toss> turn around grab> pummel> Uthrow

Set ups:
Reverse Utilt
IaI

Hope this helps. Credit goes to Fox67890

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! I'm gonna work on Pivot grabs. Ik they aren't great, but Fox's is fast and looks helpful in some situations. Haven't practiced those much.​

BlizzyWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlizzyWuff
Fox short hop triple lasers to keep his upsmash fresh and to get people to approach him because he has bad approaches.
PM me if you want me to write more

Top Bottom