• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any epic challenges out there?

1337ZSS

Smash Apprentice
I mean, as far as Melee mode is or 1P, what are some awesome challenges that you may of thought of? Just wondering, since I hate to have to wait to play with someone...

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
99 Stock Match.

Flatzone

3 Level 9's (Marth, Falco, Sheik) set to 9 Handicap

You playing a bottom tier character, and set your handicap to 1.

Win.

I guess that would be classes as epic.

Mario Girl

Smash Cadet
Giant Melee
Flat zone or final destination
Play as only large characters and have a very high frequency of mushrooms as the only item.

Btw: Wraiths thing is possible, my ex boyfriend did it before. >_<

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but any challenge involving CPUs (since their AI is *so* amazing) can not be classified as epic. Maybe except for a powershielding contest. =D

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
get an action replay, activate debug mode. U versus 3 level 9 marths at 4x size with your handicap at 1 and your scale being 0.30. then put it into developer mode, switch the camera around to the other side of the stage so you controls are reversed. then press R + right dpad button (I think) to make the game run at 6x speed. If you can beat this. then you are not even close to being human.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
i agree on a powershiled contest, but how could it be done? you with 2 controllers?, making a really big ammount of powershiled-reflected items would be cool.

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but any challenge involving CPUs (since their AI is *so* amazing) can not be classified as epic. Maybe except for a powershielding contest. =D
Ok, then why don't YOU try it then. If you win and show us vids, i'll let you reposess my house. Honest.

Edit: Actually I wont :p. But you get the point.

L1F3

Smash Cadet
Triple shine in place as Fox...

...with your feet. Then reverse JC shine into shffl'd u-air. While playing against 3Level 9 Bowsers on Yoshi's Story and win...with your feet.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
if you want a challenge that will be useful, goto FD and see how many times in a row you can reflect falcos lazers when the cpu shoots them at you. See if you can get above 20

PS. People have played with their feet before and performed well

L1F3

Smash Cadet
whoah... o_O

if you want a challenge that will be useful, goto FD and see how many times in a row you can reflect falcos lazers when the cpu shoots them at you. See if you can get above 20

PS. People have played with their feet before and performed well
That. Is. Amazing. Lee. We. Erd.

It seems powershielding is the challenge, then. Try it with your feet now.

~L1F3

Mario Girl

Smash Cadet
get an action replay, activate debug mode. U versus 3 level 9 marths at 4x size with your handicap at 1 and your scale being 0.30. then put it into developer mode, switch the camera around to the other side of the stage so you controls are reversed. then press R + right dpad button (I think) to make the game run at 6x speed. If you can beat this. then you are not even close to being human.
pfft, I do that all the time with my eyes closed playing with my toes! XD

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The only epic challenge that is even possible against computers is to find combos that work from 0 to death on a character regardless of their DI / ability to tech.

L1F3

Smash Cadet
Wow...ZOMG!?!?!?!!one!!?!?!?!?!?

The only epic challenge that is even possible against computers is to find combos that work from 0 to death on a character regardless of their DI / ability to tech.
No worries! I shall take up this challenge and post it up in a few days [or maybe on Monday/Tuesday]. I'll provide the link, so fear not, t3h Zero to Death on level whatever CPUs will begin...

...Must sleep first, been playin' Melty Blood for nine hours..........

~L1F3

Overswarm

is laughing at you
No worries! I shall take up this challenge and post it up in a few days [or maybe on Monday/Tuesday]. I'll provide the link, so fear not, t3h Zero to Death on level whatever CPUs will begin...

...Must sleep first, been playin' Melty Blood for nine hours..........

~L1F3
You'll find it a bit more difficult to do than you'd think. Any combos that work on computers but wouldn't ever work on humans if they DI'd properly don't count, by the way.

L1F3

Smash Cadet
You'll find it a bit more difficult to do than you'd think. Any combos that work on computers but wouldn't ever work on humans if they DI'd properly don't count, by the way.
I'm aware of this fact, as I have spent many weeks doing "zero to deaths" on level nine Foxes when I was first learning how to L'Cancel and short hop. I remember the trouble -_-

Perhaps a list of requirements for the videos would be nice, so I don't end up toiling over something you guys don't want to see [Ie: combos working b/c DI is not implimented] Once I get that, I can get to work. I already have 3 clips [took like 2 hours to get], and I'd like to know all the required perameters for the video. I'll do what I can.

~L1F3

P.S.
It'd be neat to see other people taking this challenge, too.

muesli

Smash Journeyman
Germany, Waldkirch (nobody knows this place)!
Me and my friend sometimes play against 2CPU's with handicap 9 Lv:5-9 and we're having handicap 1. We're now trying to get Lv 8 complete the hardest encounter is Samus and Zelda/Sheik :( hate them.

Stage: Hyrule Caslte (lol on no other stage would you survive :) )
CPU Lv: 5-9
CPU-Characters: Everytime a pair starting from Doctor Mario&Mario to Roy&Marth [Sheik and Zelda are one character and if you are by Mr. G&W both CPU's are them]
Rules: Don't trick them at the little plattform on Hyrule Castle or on other places :p
No Items :chuckle:

We got won all pairs from Lv: 5-8 (excluded Samus and Zelda/Sheik of Lv:8)

Believe me try it, it's really hard.

muesli :)

Top Bottom