• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media Any Corrin Mains Out There What Are Some Of Corrin's Best And Worst Match Ups?

KurokoGuy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4098-7839-2457
Switch FC
SW 3354 8684 7309
Hi I'm KurokoGuy Or Just Call Me Kuroko I Main Corrin And I'am Just Wondering What Are Some Of Corrin's Worst And Best Match Ups And Why?

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Both Cosmos and SHADIC have made matchup charts for Corrin (both were made a few months ago and might be somewhat outdated, though):
Cosmos: https://twitter.com/CosmosZR/status/1286090296833511425
SHADIC: https://twitter.com/SHADIC_/status/1287969563125194753

Corrin has the tools to do well in every matchup. I believe her to be solo viable and it might be better to focus on learning matchups rather than trying to use a secondary for her worst MUs. I currently don't think she has any MUs worse than -1, anyway. She's quite good.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
A quick rule of thumb is that zoners tend to give Corrin a bad time. It is doable, but you are better off bringing someone with a reflector.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
A quick rule of thumb is that zoners tend to give Corrin a bad time. It is doable, but you are better off bringing someone with a reflector.
I don't think Corrin is bad against zoners. She's tied with Sheik for the fastest dash to shield, and her foxtrot and burst movement options are quite good. She can also aerial through many projectiles, and once she gets in she'll mess up many projectile users. I don't currently think she really loses to any zoners, although a few are Even and somewhat tough (like Samus, Belmont, and Snake, who I could see eventually ending up as losing but could also be Even). I think she might actually have a slightly winning matchups against some notable zoners, like Pac-Man, Olimar, Mega Man, Young Link, and Toon Link.

As for her best matchups, Kirby, Ganondforf, Dr. Mario, maybe Jigglypuff, maybe Incineroar, maybe Steve. Ice Climbers seemed like +2 prior to this patch although I do not know if they still are. Ness is also potentially +2. She has no +3 matchups.

If you ask me, I don't think she has any matchups worse than -1, and every MU is quite doable. Solo Corrin is very viable, and I recommend spending time learning matchups you struggle with rather than trying to dabble in some secondary that you're not as good with. Believe in your character and spend time overcoming obstacle and you can beat anyone*.

Some MUs I do think are clearly -1: Fox, Joker, Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, Pikachu, and Greninja. I don't think any of them are -2, but I don't think they are Even either. All of them are very doable, but these characters have some tools or properties that give them a slight edge in the matchup. They are all top or high tier (mostly top) tier characters with few losing MUs and no terrible MUs so I recommend just sticking with Corrin, learning a secondary just to go from slight disadvantage to potentially slight advantage isn't worth the time or effort and is likely to slow down your Corrin progress. I believe Corrin is a strong, solo-mainable character and rewards players who put the time in to truly learn her.

*With Corrin, anyway. This might not apply to bad characters, but I believe Corrin is a good and viable character.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
I don't think Corrin is bad against zoners. She's tied with Sheik for the fastest dash to shield, and her foxtrot and burst movement options are quite good. She can also aerial through many projectiles, and once she gets in she'll mess up many projectile users. I don't currently think she really loses to any zoners, although a few are Even and somewhat tough (like Samus, Belmont, and Snake, who I could see eventually ending up as losing but could also be Even). I think she might actually have a slightly winning matchups against some notable zoners, like Pac-Man, Olimar, Mega Man, Young Link, and Toon Link.

As for her best matchups, Kirby, Ganondforf, Dr. Mario, maybe Jigglypuff, maybe Incineroar, maybe Steve. Ice Climbers seemed like +2 prior to this patch although I do not know if they still are. Ness is also potentially +2. She has no +3 matchups.

If you ask me, I don't think she has any matchups worse than -1, and every MU is quite doable. Solo Corrin is very viable, and I recommend spending time learning matchups you struggle with rather than trying to dabble in some secondary that you're not as good with. Believe in your character and spend time overcoming obstacle and you can beat anyone*.

Some MUs I do think are clearly -1: Fox, Joker, Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, Pikachu, and Greninja. I don't think any of them are -2, but I don't think they are Even either. All of them are very doable, but these characters have some tools or properties that give them a slight edge in the matchup. They are all top or high tier (mostly top) tier characters with few losing MUs and no terrible MUs so I recommend just sticking with Corrin, learning a secondary just to go from slight disadvantage to potentially slight advantage isn't worth the time or effort and is likely to slow down your Corrin progress. I believe Corrin is a strong, solo-mainable character and rewards players who put the time in to truly learn her.

*With Corrin, anyway. This might not apply to bad characters, but I believe Corrin is a good and viable character.
I was mostly talking about Snake, Link, Belmont, Samus, Lucas and Mega Man. Maybe I am biased because most of the players of these characters have awful connections (wich I suspect is intentional) and stopping projectile spam is near-on impossible with the random framerate drops.

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
I was mostly talking about Snake, Link, Belmont, Samus, Lucas and Mega Man. Maybe I am biased because most of the players of these characters have awful connections (wich I suspect is intentional) and stopping projectile spam is near-on impossible with the random framerate drops.
I think Snake, Link, Belmont, and Samus are Even (Snake could be slightly losing), Lucas and Mega Man slight Corrin advantage. Either way they're very doable.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord

It's been a good long time since we've discussed Corrin match-ups.

As a Corrin main myself, after all the patches and new additions, I'd like to see and hear your takes on Corrin's current match-ups. He's never been a popular Smash character and that's sad, so I'd like to see the takes from the few fellow Corrin players out there on how he does against everyone, from Mario to Sora!

Top Bottom