• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Cool Bowser Doubles Tricks?

danyal999

Smash Cadet
Any tricks when playing as bowser in doubles? Besides the general partner throws, then smash attack combo.

Lunick

Smash Rookie
Whirling Fortress can catch ledge jump, neutral get up, and get up attack when used right at the ledge. This allows for easy punishes from your partner if they wait at get up roll length. You can just hold shield and wait for their get up option. Since you can use b up out of shield, a fast reaction will catch them.

If your partner has a poor recovery, fast falling a nair through them can let them regain their up special without harming them too much. This does put Bowser in a poor position being under the stage, but if you keep for second jump and mash the second half of his up special, you should easily make it back. If you're already under them, the last few hits of Whirling Fortress have little knock back. Fire Breath can also be used, but it has a decent push back.

CreamyFatone

Smash Cadet
Bowser in doubles I think requires some planning beforehand. Although his explosive kill power is a big deal in doubles, if you and your partner aren't helping each other out and maintaining stage control, you may never land.

That being said, in doubles Bowser needs space to work with. I also find that he has the effect of being a wall when he's in center stage. I've had some success partering with a Yoshi who would throw eggs over me as I Fire Breath'd and walked forward. I'm sure you can do similar things with projectile characters.

And yeah, don't forget that Bowser's collateral upthrow hitbox has extremely high base knockback in the direction of the bottom corners of the map. It's bull****.

Personally, if I am in doubles and notice any kind of stable stock lead, I'll start Bowsersiding their healthiest stocks until it turns into a 2v1.

Leg

Smash Cadet
NNID
SeduKtriss
My boyfriend and I have some neat footstool Combos with Bowser and Peach. Enjoy.

Us Vs Iota and Promelia.
I'd skip to 12:00 if you really want to see some footstools.

Last edited:

danyal999

Smash Cadet
Bowsers upthrow has a final hitbox that hits everyone but the opponent your throwing and Bowser himself. The hitbox has insane horizontal knockback and can gimp and even kill at 0%.
YES this has happened so many times never knew what it was. Interesting.

danyal999

Smash Cadet
My boyfriend and I have some neat footstool Combos with Bowser and Peach. Enjoy.

Us Vs Iota and Promelia.
I'd skip to 12:00 if you really want to see some footstools.

Pretty good stuff. Definitely helps being peach though. I imagine it would be harder with mario, sonic or ness (My usual doubles partners)

Leg

Smash Cadet
NNID
SeduKtriss
It actually isn't too hard. especially if you understand your characters jump height and air speed. All you have to do is burn your second jump over bowser, and then spam.

S-bow64

Smash Cadet
Kind of old but you may consider flying slam your partner into your opponents.

For some odd reasons they almost never shield it and the knockback they receive is greater than the slam itself. It's more of a surprise/opportunity thing but I've landed it a lot of time as of now.

Just don't get predictable with it, including your partner, he must not know when it will happen.

If you get kills with it your teammate will always be okay for using him as a weapon and you'll be able to strenghten your bond as a King/Peon relationship. That's true friendship.

constable lemon

Smash Cadet
Similar to that, King DeDeDe can inhale Bowser, and spit him out as a projectile, which does damage and knockback based on how heavy you are. He can basically turn Bowser into a fast and powerful projectile that can kill at 80. It's not a very serious strategy but it's fun to pull off. Kirby might be able to do the same thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom